Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / Apply For Clan Details in OP (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

walker_2003 25th February 2012 3:36 PM

how hard is it to get a beta key these days?

Autti 25th February 2012 5:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walker_2003 (Post 14119226)
how hard is it to get a beta key these days?

Well a few thousand are going out on monday so probably pretty good after monday.

flinchy 25th February 2012 7:08 PM

wtf they said. that. sc2 expansion was 1 year away to start with

then 2 years

now it could be three?????

jET_M@X 26th February 2012 2:07 AM

Given all the changes
I'm expecting D3 to be ready for next christmas...

DarkForceMage 26th February 2012 6:19 AM

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/gam...alve_over_dota
Quote:

During Activision's Q4 financial call, Diablo III got pegged with a Q2 2012 launch – placing its no-longer-randomized drop date between April 1 and June 30.
Check your emails if you have been entering competitions as I had 3 arrive in 2 days(after a week of applying for them like crazy).

Damn fun but it somehow reminds me of Dota 2.(Terrain cartoony looking artstyle, hostile enemy highlighting, click movement animation etc.)
I swear apart from no circles over heroes and the locked screen they are running on the same damn game engine rofl. Even the gold drop/kill noise sounds the same.
Ofcourse the artwork in D3 is a bit more detailed and alot more grim and dark, but essential things like the ground//grass & rocks look strangely similar.

I just find it weird.

Dota 2 gameplay
Diablo 3 gameplay
(Watch both videos at the same time with the sound muted).

Zenskas 26th February 2012 10:23 AM

So I won me a key for this, took about 5hrs to download (was only getting like 50-150kb/s for some reason) then when I go to login with my battle.net details it tells me I'm using a wrong username or password...:thumbdn:
Obviously I tried several times and I'm sure it's the right details, and the beta is activated on my account etc. Changed my password to something smaller but it still doesn't work. Looked up the error message and found forum threads 40+ pages long with other people that have the same issue. Nice one blizzard :tired:

jtir 26th February 2012 10:40 AM

The Diablo 3 beta installer is hopeless

Stuck at 60% of "Updating setup files..." running for 48 hours already.

Ravennoir 26th February 2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtir (Post 14120968)
The Diablo 3 beta installer is hopeless

Stuck at 60% of "Updating setup files..." running for 48 hours already.

Pretty sure it resumes if you close it and reopen it

DTG 26th February 2012 11:31 AM

I have entered every contest I can find, even those in russian and finnish, and still no key.

Zenskas 26th February 2012 7:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenskas (Post 14120938)
So I won me a key for this, took about 5hrs to download (was only getting like 50-150kb/s for some reason) then when I go to login with my battle.net details it tells me I'm using a wrong username or password...:thumbdn:
Obviously I tried several times and I'm sure it's the right details, and the beta is activated on my account etc. Changed my password to something smaller but it still doesn't work. Looked up the error message and found forum threads 40+ pages long with other people that have the same issue. Nice one blizzard :tired:

Re this issue, seems like they are aware of this and it's some kind of server problem for some people outside of the US. Should be fixed soon. Meanwhile I will play some Diablo 2 :D

dakcrack 27th February 2012 12:42 AM

you have to right click on it and run as administrator or it pretty much wont download

Zenskas 27th February 2012 1:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakcrack (Post 14123134)
you have to right click on it and run as administrator or it pretty much wont download

It downloaded and opens up just fine, but won't allow me to login on the menu screen. I'm running it on a admin account but tried "running as admin" as well and it didn't work.
Blizzard have already stated it's an issue on their end so I guess I just have to wait.

Vaempyr 27th February 2012 7:39 AM

Playing through the beta, a couple of thoughts:
1. I miss having dual weapon sets. Admittedly, I didnít use them that often in Diablo II, but I prefer melee characters and it was always nice to switch to a range weapon and snipe a monster before engaging it in melee combat.

2. Whilst runes operate in a similar way to their original descriptions (i.e. as skill modifiers), handing them to you at particular levels takes away more than it gives, IMHO.

3. I donít understand why I canít fully equip my companion the same way I could fully equip my hireling back in Diablo II. It seems an arbitrary decision.

4. You canít just stop playing, and resume exactly where you left off, unless you stop at a checkpoint. This isnít a major gripe, just something to be aware of.

Ravennoir 27th February 2012 8:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaempyr (Post 14123388)
3. I donít understand why I canít fully equip my companion the same way I could fully equip my hireling back in Diablo II. It seems an arbitrary decision.

How do you mean ? hirelings in D2 could only have weapon, shield and armor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaempyr (Post 14123388)
4. You canít just stop playing, and resume exactly where you left off, unless you stop at a checkpoint. This isnít a major gripe, just something to be aware of.

This was the same in D1 and D2, you just ended up back in town. The checkpoint idea just means you can jump out of the game because you are about to die

jtir 27th February 2012 9:33 AM

What level does the beta allow your character to get to?