Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / Apply For Clan Details in OP (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

Thor 27th February 2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtir (Post 14123583)
What level does the beta allow your character to get to?

Max level is 13.

purehybrid 27th February 2012 1:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor (Post 14124322)
Max level is 13.

yeah, but you tend to finish the content between 7 and 9.. the rest is farming

Thor 27th February 2012 4:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehybrid (Post 14124598)
yeah, but you tend to finish the content between 7 and 9.. the rest is farming

True, but that wasn't what he asked.

purehybrid 27th February 2012 4:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor (Post 14125164)
True, but that wasn't what he asked.

Hah, I wasn't trying to correct you... simply adding some info that he might be interested in :Pirate:

walker_2003 27th February 2012 4:46 PM

Any1 wanting to offload a key/show me a workaround be great :upset:

Ravennoir 27th February 2012 5:06 PM

So i finally got to trying the latest Beta build

I think the runes would be better if they were drops, and could be crafted into better ones like before (In D2 that is)

I dont mind unlocking skills at levels, but Im finding having the Runes unlock feels just like im unlocking (or upgrading) a skill

having drops would also allow for some randomness, and make you think about applying that rune

Vaempyr 27th February 2012 9:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravennoir (Post 14123494)
How do you mean ? hirelings in D2 could only have weapon, shield and armor

Oops, thought you could do more. Wish you could do more in Diablo II - give me the ability to equip a full set of items, IMHO.

Quote:

This was the same in D1 and D2, you just ended up back in town. The checkpoint idea just means you can jump out of the game because you are about to die
It just seemed to me to be one thing they might have chosen to implement given the “always-on” thing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravennoir (Post 14125378)
So i finally got to trying the latest Beta build

I think the runes would be better if they were drops, and could be crafted into better ones like before (In D2 that is)

I dont mind unlocking skills at levels, but Im finding having the Runes unlock feels just like im unlocking (or upgrading) a skill

having drops would also allow for some randomness, and make you think about applying that rune

Agreed - runes in this build aren’t nearly as much fun as they could / should be.

Thor 27th February 2012 9:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehybrid (Post 14125237)
Hah, I wasn't trying to correct you... simply adding some info that he might be interested in :Pirate:

Fair enough - my bad, misinterpeted. :thumbup:

Ravennoir 28th February 2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaempyr (Post 14126409)
Oops, thought you could do more. Wish you could do more in Diablo II - give me the ability to equip a full set of items, IMHO.

I remember there was one set (green items) that worked on the hirelings from act three

It was the only one that would take the whole set to get the bonus

Zenskas 29th February 2012 12:16 AM

So finished this today (at level 10 and with about 4500 gold and some decent gear) :thumbup:
Was pretty fun, but damn it stutters and lags every time you interact with the world (like breaking shit etc) and half the time you attack something. Running latest GPU drivers, got an SSD so no problems with storage load times, lowered all of the settings except the res, tried turning vsync on/off with neither making a difference and of course I'm playing with it fully downloaded...it's like it stutters due to "online lag" yet it is not accessing the net constantly is it??? It was a big bloody download for a fairly basic looking and short beta so I would have thought it wouldn't stutter :thumbdn:

Ravennoir 29th February 2012 10:20 AM

Anyone else having issues connecting today ?

Zabba 29th February 2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenskas (Post 14131129)
So finished this today (at level 10 and with about 4500 gold and some decent gear) :thumbup:
Was pretty fun, but damn it stutters and lags every time you interact with the world (like breaking shit etc) and half the time you attack something. Running latest GPU drivers, got an SSD so no problems with storage load times, lowered all of the settings except the res, tried turning vsync on/off with neither making a difference and of course I'm playing with it fully downloaded...it's like it stutters due to "online lag" yet it is not accessing the net constantly is it??? It was a big bloody download for a fairly basic looking and short beta so I would have thought it wouldn't stutter :thumbdn:

I honestly think they haven't started on the network optimisation yet and the server they are using for the testing might not be as good as the ones used for when it goes live.

Open betas are usually used for network/server teaking, that's why they are last in the testing agenda.

Thor 29th February 2012 2:07 PM

Quote:

Was pretty fun, but damn it stutters and lags every time you interact with the world (like breaking shit etc) and half the time you attack something.
it's like it stutters due to "online lag" yet it is not accessing the net constantly is it??? It was a big bloody download for a fairly basic looking and short beta so I would have thought it wouldn't stutter :thumbdn:

All loot generation is done server side. Each time you break a barrel for gold, whatever, the server tells the client what loot to drop.

Also check your ingame latency (has a meter in the bottom right corner). When playing with a friend the other night, he was commenting about similar issues and his latency was around 300-400ms while I was fine on 180ms.

Metallurgist 29th February 2012 2:46 PM

I don't have stutters in game either yet one of my friends does.

Raktor 29th February 2012 4:23 PM

Quote:

Try going into the options and changing from 64 sound channels to 32 - it did the trick for me.