Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / CLAN / PTR 2.1 LIVE (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

skeletorlolwut 29th February 2012 4:01 PM

I'm going to make an assumption an assume I will never get into any blizzard beta testing because I got perma banned from the WoW forums 4 years ago.

Zenskas 29th February 2012 4:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabba (Post 14131893)
I honestly think they haven't started on the network optimisation yet and the server they are using for the testing might not be as good as the ones used for when it goes live.

Open betas are usually used for network/server teaking, that's why they are last in the testing agenda.

Hopefully gets better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor (Post 14132784)
All loot generation is done server side. Each time you break a barrel for gold, whatever, the server tells the client what loot to drop.

Also check your ingame latency (has a meter in the bottom right corner). When playing with a friend the other night, he was commenting about similar issues and his latency was around 300-400ms while I was fine on 180ms.

Ah, shame that it has to use the net in such a way for playing by yourself. Should have all loot generation done on your own computer but oh well, thanks for the info :thumbup:
Will have a look at my latency, but I was not using my net for anything else and I get good pings for most games so figured I would be in line with the rest of Aus.
Just had a look and don't have anything about the latency in the bottom right. Had a look in the options menu and can't find anything either :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raktor (Post 14133344)
Try going into the options and changing from 64 sound channels to 32 - it did the trick for me.

Cheers, I will try this now :)
ED: Tried and seems a little better, but still not very good. Hopefully gets fixed in the next patch so I can get a better impression before deciding if I want to buy it or not.

Vaempyr 29th February 2012 5:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenskas (Post 14133668)
Just had a look and don't have anything about the latency in the bottom right. Had a look in the options menu and can't find anything either :(

Itís a vertical bar near the right-hand globe, near the icons for portal / inventory / journal etc. It shows green / orange / red depending on your latency. Hover your cursor over it for your latency in ms.

Zenskas 29th February 2012 5:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaempyr (Post 14133888)
It’s a vertical bar near the right-hand globe, near the icons for portal / inventory / journal etc. It shows green / orange / red depending on your latency. Hover your cursor over it for your latency in ms.

Ah now I see it, was looking for a number or something. Well I'm getting 230ms, not that good but not as bad as the 300-400 some people were getting but it's still lagging a fair bit everytime I get loot. Hopefully we get Aussie servers or the loot system is moved to the computer rather than a server :)

RyoSaeba 29th February 2012 6:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenskas (Post 14133919)
loot system is moved to the computer rather than a server :)

That will never happen. Not when real money trade is involved.

Zenskas 29th February 2012 6:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyoSaeba (Post 14133934)
That will never happen. Not when real money trade is involved.

Ah I see. Well Aussie servers better happen otherwise I will just have to go back to torchlight :p

hystericalme 1st March 2012 10:19 AM

Hey all, we've hooked up with @Blizzard_ANZ to get 100 beta keys to give away to Australian's and NZ'ers.

It's a pretty simple twitter competition; no hoop jumping.

Details are here.

Here is link from Blizzard just so you guys know it's official and not a scam- https://twitter.com/#!/Blizzard_ANZ/...17516643520513 as well as the forums - https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/to...2848557?page=1

Philll 1st March 2012 12:43 PM

600 people laid off at Blizzard

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizzar...ff-600-6360584

soulblade64 1st March 2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hystericalme (Post 14135909)
It's a pretty simple twitter competition; no hoop jumping.

Having the sign up to Twitter is hoop jumping.

hystericalme 1st March 2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulblade64 (Post 14136529)
Having the sign up to Twitter is hoop jumping.

Not if you already have an account. I tried to come up with something where no-one had to register for a forum, write a story or sign up with their email address or Facebook. If you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears.

soulblade64 1st March 2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hystericalme (Post 14136540)
Not if you already have an account. I tried to come up with something where no-one had to register for a forum, write a story or sign up with their email address or Facebook. If you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears.

Still have to sign up to twitter :P

Easier option would almost be posting in an open comment system where you only have to enter name and email address.

Zenskas 1st March 2012 12:52 PM

Nothing wrong with having to sign up for twitter, it ain't like you have to use it. I barely go on twitter, only use it for this kind of scenario.

hystericalme 1st March 2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulblade64 (Post 14136550)
Still have to sign up to twitter :P

Easier option would almost be posting in an open comment system where you only have to enter name and email address.

Which would pretty much result in people getting scraped and spammed.

Philll 1st March 2012 12:54 PM

Is it only for people with active twitter accounts? Otherwise, what's the point? People will just sign up 100 times and enter

hystericalme 1st March 2012 12:57 PM

I will be verifying each winner before handing out the keys. I don't wanna say much more than that to avoid any abuse.