Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / CLAN / PTR 2.1 LIVE (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

ASASN 6th March 2012 5:48 AM

The 17th may not be just a rumor...

LINK

Elfanger 6th March 2012 5:52 AM

Philll, have you tried running Diablo 3 on your macbook air? How does it perform?

Thanks.

8MadDog8 6th March 2012 6:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASASN (Post 14152091)
The 17th may not be just a rumor...

LINK

Fairly skeptical, but happy to be proven wrong :thumbup:

If it comes out on the 17th it will give me about 1 week to play as much as i can before im away for a month :p

hystericalme 6th March 2012 6:15 AM

Keep in mind it was Amazon.it and not the .com which had the 17/4 date.

yangby 6th March 2012 7:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davez621 (Post 14149829)
$52.99 with free shipping from http://www.ozgameshop.com. Is this a good deal?

It says:
Please Note: This is the European version of the game. Diablo III will not be region locked, you can select any region to play in but RMAH will be region locked. .

What does RMAH mean?

soulblade64 6th March 2012 7:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yangby (Post 14152198)
It says:
Please Note: This is the European version of the game. Diablo III will not be region locked, you can select any region to play in but RMAH will be region locked. .

What does RMAH mean?

Real Money Auction House.

yangby 6th March 2012 8:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulblade64 (Post 14152209)
Real Money Auction House.

Oh so That means if I get the game from there, I can only access the AH from EU and not Asia pacific (if game was purchased in AU)

Jim-podiatrist 6th March 2012 8:48 AM

It's diablo 3.

Buy the version with the life size model of Cain for 10k and be done with it!

But seriously, I'm hoping that this has a midnight launch so i can wait in line with the rest of the people that have been waiting 10 years for this epic game to come out.:thumbup:

soulblade64 6th March 2012 8:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yangby (Post 14152329)
Oh so That means if I get the game from there, I can only access the AH from EU and not Asia pacific (if game was purchased in AU)

I think it's more along the lines of the three regions, EU, NA and SEA. No matter where you buy it from you can play on any region, but you can only shop on the RMHA for that region. So if you're playing on SEA you can't buy goods from the NA RMHA.

Autti 6th March 2012 9:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfanger (Post 14152093)
Philll, have you tried running Diablo 3 on your macbook air? How does it perform?

Thanks.

It works fine. I wouldn't run it on the highest settings (the only difference being the shadows) but it runs pretty well on the new macbook air.

13" Macbook Pro runs it very well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulblade64 (Post 14152390)
I think it's more along the lines of the three regions, EU, NA and SEA. No matter where you buy it from you can play on any region, but you can only shop on the RMHA for that region. So if you're playing on SEA you can't buy goods from the NA RMHA.

As far as i know in providing they haven't changed it Australians have access to all the regions and all the RMAH's, but obviously characters are locked into one realm and hence can only access one auction house.

Americans can only use the NA RMAH though, but can play in EU. And vice-versa.

We have special rights because everyone use to play D2 in NA thus they have allowed us to again.

walker_2003 6th March 2012 10:03 AM

Come on its diablo III you have been waiting so long but then consider buying overseas to save $20, buy locally for $80 and have guaranteed issue free gameplay. If its anything like diablo II you will invest hundreds of hours into it so even paying $100 is surely not an issue.. We pay $20 for a 2 hr movie...

soulblade64 6th March 2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walker_2003 (Post 14152636)
We pay $20 for a 2 hr movie...

I can't remember the last time I paid full price to go to a movie :p... and no, I'm not talking :Pirate:, I'm talking not paying their rediculous prices.

Davez621 6th March 2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walker_2003 (Post 14152636)
Come on its diablo III you have been waiting so long but then consider buying overseas to save $20, buy locally for $80 and have guaranteed issue free gameplay. If its anything like diablo II you will invest hundreds of hours into it so even paying $100 is surely not an issue.. We pay $20 for a 2 hr movie...

I'll just play a different game in the time I'm waiting. I have a half dozen unopened games I haven't even touched yet. There's no way I would ever pay $80 or more for a game, ever. I think the last time I paid that kind of money was 10 years ago (probably WC3 I think).

As for D2, I definitely didn't spend anywhere near 100 hours on the game. I played through it once and that was it. I eventually got tired of the old-school 640x480 graphics and when the expansion came out the next year I was so over the game I didn't even buy it.

soulblade64 6th March 2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davez621 (Post 14152737)
As for D2, I definitely didn't spend anywhere near 100 hours on the game. I played through it once and that was it. I eventually got tired of the old-school 640x480 graphics and when the expansion came out the next year I was so over the game I didn't even buy it.

You're definitly not one of the people that walker is talking to :)

walker_2003 6th March 2012 10:58 AM

It's the tight ass people who put prices up in Australia. $80 for a game that even gives you 10 hrs of enjoyment is better value then movies/music.

Diablo 3 is worth buying in aus, and at a $80-$100 price tag. If you think otherwise your a waste of a product key.