Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / CLAN / PTR 2.1 LIVE (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

Grom Hellscream 26th March 2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSanity (Post 14215925)
Good Luck with Nightmare/Hell/Inferno with that logic.

Given that it scales with the amount of players connected I doubt I'll have too much of a problem. Plenty of people will be playing single player so the 1-player connected mobs will be balanced well enough.

joe_sixpack 26th March 2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grom Hellscream (Post 14215983)
Given that it scales with the amount of players connected I doubt I'll have too much of a problem. Plenty of people will be playing single player so the 1-player connected mobs will be balanced well enough.

This... ^^

The difficultly scales with number of players connected, solo play in this game through all difficulties is available and achievable. I might spend a little bit of time with some mates, though it's harder now a days to setup a time to game. I love that it's a drop in drop out type game. :thumbup:

Sebstar 26th March 2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSanity (Post 14215805)
Diablo 3 is pretty good.

I'm confused at the Demon Hunter though, it appears that they are supposed to focus on single target DPS, but quite frankly they just don't do real amounts of damage to uniques/elites (high burst, but you can't keep it up due to hatred drain) in a 4 player game.

At this point I think the Barbarian is the best (cleave, ground stomp, hammer of the ancients - Fury needs points to increase the ticks and duration), closely followed by the Wizard (Either MM, Frost Nova, Arcane Orb or MM, Frost Nova, Ray of Frost Wind thingy).

Clearly this is the beta, and a level 13 cap doesn't help you see things - but this is the impressions i'm seeing.

Crafting has replaced gambling and is much better i think, particularly given the shared chest/gold. Definitely worth focusing on early to get a leg up (particularly if you're a DH/Wizard).

Overall I'm a bit disappointed they've simplified skills/talents, but it still plays and feels the same except with a very strong focus on co-operative play. I really don't think they want anyone playing the game Solo now, given that its impossible to Ninja as well as all the helpers (Warp to Party member) to get closer to the action with your fellow adventurers.

I agree with most of your points. I think with the right gear, the DH could be a great replacement for a hammerdin though, which was a very effective build in D2. All depends on how quickly hatred regenerates late game.

Autti 26th March 2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSanity (Post 14215925)
Good Luck with Nightmare/Hell/Inferno with that logic.

NM and Hell will be fine by yourself. In fact Hell could often be easier by yourself as public scrubs are often terrible and make stupid mistakes by running into the next area and kiting a champion mob back into you etc.

Inferno they have said is playable by yourself but certainly not optimal.

I don't mind the quickswap skills now, particulary with the Nehpalem Valor announced it provides a good enough incentive.

I do think the DH is weak up to level 13, but is kind of inevitable that one class is weaker in the earlier stages where you have a limited number of skills.

I think the DH will come into it's own in Hell/Inferno simply as it is ranged and with good play style is far safer than a barb or monk.

purehybrid 26th March 2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autti (Post 14216215)
I think the DH will come into it's own in Hell/Inferno simply as it is ranged and with good play style is far safer than a barb or monk.

heh, I'm hoping for the opposite :P

I'm hoping that by Inferno, ranged classes will be getting 1shot by stray arcane orbs and stuff (provided they don't react in time) :P

Autti 26th March 2012 12:33 PM

Everyone will be able to be one-shotted in inferno. Seriously its entirely possible versus the right monster pack.

Imagine running into a Nightmarish Molten Teleporting Frenzied pack (possible inferno rare), 4 elites teleport onto you, fear you and then rape you with molten and IAS buff.

For the record the devs have said off hand comments about how they die around 10 times an hour in inferno

jET_M@X 26th March 2012 1:36 PM

stopped playing the beta now
that the release date has been announced(want
the first proper playsession of D3 to be special)
though that's like saying "I'm going to stop
banging my fiance now because I want the
wedding night to be special"......

MightyOz 26th March 2012 3:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jET_M@X (Post 14216537)
stopped playing the beta now
that the release date has been announced(want
the first proper playsession of D3 to be special)
though that's like saying "I'm going to stop
banging my fiance now because I want the
wedding night to be special"......

Hmm yeah a bit late, but now u have a taste for it and it just maybe sweeter for the waiting :) lol

bleAf! 26th March 2012 7:48 PM

Just managed to play a bit on my mate's beta and I quite like the WD already. I'll definitely grab my mate's account and play some more. :D

Narcoticx2 26th March 2012 9:48 PM

Only 50 days now but i'm desperate to play the beta. 50 days has never seemed so far away!

jET_M@X 27th March 2012 3:57 AM

yer looking forward to release day!!!

yangby 27th March 2012 9:08 AM

I cant wait for this to be released!!!

We are going to NZ for 15 days (get back on 13/05) .. giving me 2 days to recover from jetlag etc .. and then let the mayhem begin!!!!

Hmm still deciding whether or not I should upgrade my GFX

Shaetano 27th March 2012 9:42 AM

Does anyone know if Mightyape get their stock from overseas or locally?

Just wondering if the CE edition they have still up is ok for AU..

http://www.mightyape.com.au/product/...omer/19158377/

Bertross 27th March 2012 9:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaetano (Post 14219425)
Does anyone know if Mightyape get their stock from overseas or locally?

Just wondering if the CE edition they have still up is ok for AU..

http://www.mightyape.com.au/product/...omer/19158377/

It has an Australian MA15+ Classification in the description. Id say is an AU copy. I would be annoyed if it wasn't though.

Ravennoir 27th March 2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yangby (Post 14219327)
I cant wait for this to be released!!!

We are going to NZ for 15 days (get back on 13/05) .. giving me 2 days to recover from jetlag etc .. and then let the mayhem begin!!!!

Hmm still deciding whether or not I should upgrade my GFX

What GFX do you have now ?