Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / Apply For Clan Details in OP (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

Grom Hellscream 27th March 2012 3:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auApex (Post 14220772)
Will the fact that Australian gamers will have to play on the US servers mean we will get lag in-game or will the game circumvent this somehow? Not very happy about the lack of a local server if it means laggy gameplay.

There will be some lag, no Aus servers. Ping will probably be around 200ms if you have a half decent ISP (that's what I get in WoW). Not sure how much work they've done optimising the netcode.

Velicoma 27th March 2012 5:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auApex (Post 14220772)
Will the fact that Australian gamers will have to play on the US servers mean we will get lag in-game or will the game circumvent this somehow? Not very happy about the lack of a local server if it means laggy gameplay.

It's been mentioned a few times before, but if you have about 200ms ping you shouldn't notice much if any lag. I haven't noticed any, and neither have 3 or 4 of my mates. If the ping steps much above 350ms then you will yes.

Shaetano 27th March 2012 5:20 PM

I didn't really read up on it much but I thought the real-money auction house was region locked?

I'd never use it but I'm buying a copy for my brother and it would be something he would probably never use either but would still be mr. frowny face if the option wasn't there =)

desudesu 27th March 2012 5:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaetano (Post 14221102)
I didn't really read up on it much but I thought the real-money auction house was region locked?

I'd never use it but I'm buying a copy for my brother and it would be something he would probably never use either but would still be mr. frowny face if the option wasn't there =)

yea the real auction house is locked to the specific regions from ozgameshop discription of the game. here is the link.

http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/d...ame-pc-and-mac

Velicoma 27th March 2012 6:07 PM

The AH will be locked to the region you play in.

bleAf! 27th March 2012 8:05 PM

Played a few more times since last time I played and I thought I might preorder the collector's edition. But I realised I'm too late and it has been sold out already. :( Standard version seems the go for me now.

Fai 27th March 2012 8:29 PM

If anyone has a spare beta key they aren't going to be using, could you pm me? Would like to check it out before release very, very, very, very much :p

Watching all these youtube vids is doing my head in hehehe...

Philll 27th March 2012 8:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remi. (Post 14212765)
Argh!!!! Just realised Phill updated the list and my turn for the beta was last week.... while all the time I thought it was still from today :upset:

Did you get my PM or shall I pass it on?

Thanks

Davez621 28th March 2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yangby (Post 14219327)
I cant wait for this to be released!!!

We are going to NZ for 15 days (get back on 13/05) .. giving me 2 days to recover from jetlag etc .. and then let the mayhem begin!!!!

Hmm still deciding whether or not I should upgrade my GFX

Jetlag from a 3 hour flight from NZ?! Are you serious?

remi. 28th March 2012 1:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philll (Post 14221823)
Did you get my PM or shall I pass it on?

Thanks

Thanks for the PM Philll! I got caught up in all the excitement and totally forgot to reply :(

I've played through it twice now with Witch Doctor :D so awesome... If you need to pass it on to someone else go for it, i'll just wait till release :thumbup:

boneburner 28th March 2012 2:36 AM

As a side note, the D2 inspired 'Path of Exile' from our NZ friends Grinding Gear Games, is having an open stress test weekend, for those who need a hack'n'slash fix.

http://www.pathofexile.com/publicweekend/

client can be downloaded prior (to be announced)

Grom Hellscream 28th March 2012 11:39 AM

I had some problems trying to preload the client, here's what I found:

All credit goes to Manclamp, and his excellent trolling."Please open up Internet Explorer and make sure that "Work Offline" is not checked, and that Internet Explorer has normal access to the internet. Our downloader uses the default Windows settings, which Internet Explorer also uses.You may also need to double check your proxy settings for Internet Explorer. This can be done by launching that browser, choosing "Tools" then "Internet Options". From there, go to the "Connections" tab and click the "LAN Settings" button. Look for a checkbox labeled "Automatically detect settings." If it is clear, check it. If it was checked, clear it. In my case it turns out that the "automatically detect settings" box was checked. I unchecked it and immediately my download speed spiked up and now seems to be steady at a reasonable rate.I hope this helps people."

Worked a treat for me - unticked "automatically detect settings" and it went from 500k every 5 minutes to 550k/sec (which is about the limit of my -really- shit phone line).

maxwolfie 28th March 2012 8:56 PM

I have started a Diablo 3 Chapter (guild) over on my ARPG website at www.HackSlashRepeat.com, for anyone that is interested.

Jim-podiatrist 29th March 2012 11:09 AM

So this will be available from 6pm for us on the wednesday yeah?

Anyone planning on having any mates over for some D3 lannage?

soulblade64 29th March 2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim-podiatrist (Post 14226844)
Anyone planning on having any mates over for some D3 lannage?

With no LAN play why would you bother having mates over?