Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / CLAN / PTR 2.1 LIVE (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

Velicoma 10th April 2012 6:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaroT (Post 14262651)
the problem is the beta goes to the skeleton king and thats it
play through all classes
same crap different day.
no randomising makes it boring after not to long.

that and the scripted chatter again gets so predicatable.

now saying that i,m still getting a few copies cause...its diablo :)

a good suggestion i do is play them out grab as much good gear as you can and stash it for the next character so they can have leg up :)

one other thing is not all spells/weapons work best on all things so have a nice fat mixed bacg.

It's a beta, not a full game. It's not even a demo. It is however free.

Petrov 11th April 2012 12:08 AM

How do you guys like D3 beta compared to PoE beta (which is open to anyone now if you want to donate - $10 minimum for a beta key)? I have my own opinion...

Petrov.

Bertross 11th April 2012 5:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaroT (Post 14262651)
the problem is the beta goes to the skeleton king and thats it
play through all classes
same crap different day.
no randomising makes it boring after not to long.

that and the scripted chatter again gets so predicatable.

now saying that i,m still getting a few copies cause...its diablo :)

a good suggestion i do is play them out grab as much good gear as you can and stash it for the next character so they can have leg up :)

one other thing is not all spells/weapons work best on all things so have a nice fat mixed bacg.

As of yesterday another patch was released and a heap of small balances were made and all characters were cleared. Started my 5 th run through last nigh as the witch doctor and i must admit he is really cool. my favorate spell is the zombie arms with the extra stun rune. It pretty much takes control of every battle when using you zombie dogs. The Skeleton king can barely get a hit in at he is not immune :)

I didnt mind the fire bats but it would be better for hell mode. The spider throw with rune upfrade was not bad but i still preferred the multi poison dart.

One thing i dont fully understand with these primary spell weapons such as the poison dart... is tge damage controlled by the weapon you hold inc the weapon speed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtw (Post 14258031)
I disagree, it doesn't even scratch what D2 was. With that said, it's better than most of the other games out/coming out so I will still be purchasing it.

You have to remember your D2 memories are instilled over 10years now of course you would like it more. When you get to play this through you wont touch D2 again. As is i cant ever launch D2 and never will again.

Bertross 11th April 2012 2:24 PM

Check this Barb video of the week ;)

http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/clas...ring/barbarian

looks bloody sexy! :thumbup:

Sebstar 11th April 2012 2:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertross (Post 14263892)
One thing i dont fully understand with these primary spell weapons such as the poison dart... is tge damage controlled by the weapon you hold inc the weapon speed?

Yes. As a caster, any weapon you hold will affect your damage. So regardless of what the item is, just pick the one with the best dps/stats. I was using a 12.3dps 1-handed axe until I found a 15.6dps wand. I don't really like that mechanic at all but what can you do.

Bertross 11th April 2012 3:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebstar (Post 14265444)
Yes. As a caster, any weapon you hold will affect your damage. So regardless of what the item is, just pick the one with the best dps/stats. I was using a 12.3dps 1-handed axe until I found a 15.6dps wand. I don't really like that mechanic at all but what can you do.

well lucky for me i found a 14.8 damage with 1.60 speed dagger for my witch doctor :)

JohnnieWalker 11th April 2012 4:40 PM

Omfg i cannot wait

mtw 11th April 2012 6:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertross (Post 14263892)
You have to remember your D2 memories are instilled over 10years now of course you would like it more. When you get to play this through you wont touch D2 again. As is i cant ever launch D2 and never will again.

I suppose there is some truth to that. Plus the age difference, I'm A LOT more picky with games now than I was when I first picked up D2 (Mind you, these Blizzard games are potentially the reason I am now so picky...)

I just pre-ordered D3 for myself and for the ladyfriend. Direct from Blizzard for $69 each (Digital download).

Blackass 11th April 2012 6:54 PM

Playing D2 right now. First played it when released 189 years ago. Still lots of fun.

Sebstar 11th April 2012 8:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertross (Post 14265553)
well lucky for me i found a 14.8 damage with 1.60 speed dagger for my witch doctor :)

speed is factored into the big dps value. i still havent worked out if weapon speed affects casting speed though. you'd think it would.
as i said, not a fan of the "one weapon can be used by everyone" thing.

Vaempyr 11th April 2012 8:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebstar (Post 14266672)
as i said, not a fan of the "one weapon can be used by everyone" thing.

Agreed; it feels weird to be playing as a wizard, and casting spells whilst holding a dagger.

But then, only some classes can wield a bow, which again seems odd - you’d think any of them could, but not as well as a demon hunter.

Bertross 11th April 2012 10:44 PM

But when you get the class special items that dagger will go if the new items give class spexific advantages etc...

Just played through will the barb he is very fun to play and that leap attack with stun is elite :) wish the beta was longer i get all excited to smash the skeleton king then its all over. i played through around ten times now. wont be able to play until next week though. only have monk and wizard to play through.

I just want to loot :)

MoonSha 12th April 2012 3:52 AM

Does anybody know or have any details on the release time for Australia? I've read that they were planning a ~local-time~ release so it would go live 12:01AM on the 15th local time wherever you happen to be but I can't find any confirmation of this.

Soarer GT 12th April 2012 8:46 AM

Do you think a Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz and a ATI 5770 will be enough to run this game at 1080p on medium settings? I'm contemplating updating my PC or just sticking with the old beast (even though it chews 250-300watts while idle).

Jim-podiatrist 12th April 2012 8:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSha (Post 14267315)
Does anybody know or have any details on the release time for Australia? I've read that they were planning a ~local-time~ release so it would go live 12:01AM on the 15th local time wherever you happen to be but I can't find any confirmation of this.

Read back, this is asked every couple of days :D
No local servers for us, so no local launch time. We get it at 5-6pm (depending on which part of the country you're in), the next calendar day - same real life time however.