Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / CLAN / PTR 2.1 LIVE (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

Azuras 5th May 2012 6:51 PM

woooo

pre purchased

see you guys in the battle vs evil on the 15th

and that RMAH is going to be interesting, im seeing alot of people playing purely to whore the monies, and more so elitest gangs running around with the sole purpose of making money

speaking of which... anyone planning on forming an elite item hunting gang in order to whore out the RMAH?

mortal 5th May 2012 7:01 PM

Were there bots in D2 that you could use to farm items for you? :D

DarkForceMage 5th May 2012 7:12 PM

Diablo III CE hits warehouses ahead of launch

I hope this means they can have pre-orders posted in time for release date instead of a couple days late! >_< JB hi-fi wouldnt allow me to change my preorder to pick-up when I called a couple months back as they said it's 'warehouse stock' but MAYBE they can transfer it now? lol.

damox 5th May 2012 8:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulblade64 (Post 14342988)
Actually no, your RMAH is locked to the address registered to your battle.net account

http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...egional-access

I stand corrected.

But still; it doesn't matter where you buy it.

raGneG 5th May 2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkForceMage (Post 14343606)
Diablo III CE hits warehouses ahead of launch

I hope this means they can have pre-orders posted in time for release date instead of a couple days late! >_< JB hi-fi wouldnt allow me to change my preorder to pick-up when I called a couple months back as they said it's 'warehouse stock' but MAYBE they can transfer it now? lol.

Hells yeah. My lovely mother pre-ordered the CE for me.. I was worried I wouldn't get it in time. Here's hoping!

Azuras 6th May 2012 1:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mortal (Post 14343586)
Were there bots in D2 that you could use to farm items for you? :D

yes there was but bot tech back then wasnt super and you also usually needed the best gear and highest levels to be successful.

id say people will start off by running with their buddies.
then someone will start botting, followed by the exponential spread of said bot.
then blizz will start bot hunting and banning (though with a rmah that they are pulling a cut of i dont know if they will be all that active in hunting them lol)

but yea, there will most likely end up being alot of bots etc

though even with the bots and duped/glitched items in DII i played it happily for ages

kangathekat 6th May 2012 1:54 AM

Considering there are already tons of bots for the beta, they will.be rampant come release, same as it was with d2

TaroT 6th May 2012 8:08 AM

i gave in
i bought it through blizzard...hell cheapest is around 69 bucks anyway so whatever :)

no to preload and wait...

Azuras 6th May 2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kangathekat (Post 14344282)
Considering there are already tons of bots for the beta, they will.be rampant come release, same as it was with d2

there was??

but yea, i wouldnt trust a bot made early into the game life to do much of anything helpfull in later difficulties.

not that im going to bot or anything, just saying that the harder modes are seriously gonna start tossing the proverbial spanner into the works of a bot made based upon easymode

kangathekat 6th May 2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azuras (Post 14344830)
there was??

but yea, i wouldnt trust a bot made early into the game life to do much of anything helpfull in later difficulties.

not that im going to bot or anything, just saying that the harder modes are seriously gonna start tossing the proverbial spanner into the works of a bot made based upon easymode

the last few game releases (i know its not blizzard but still) such as SWTOR, BF3 etc have had beta bots that have been working on release day basically. so i expect there will be bots straight up, if not very soon after. with there being a real $$ AH, it will be even more prevalent.

Smurfwow 6th May 2012 1:20 PM

The amount of botting won't be at the level it was in D2. (~30% of accounts)

It will be similar to what its like in wow at the moment. (~0.1% of accounts)

ADV 6th May 2012 1:21 PM

So I just pre-downloaded diablo 3 from blizzard, ready for installation on may 15th (16th our time?).

My only question is, why the hell did it take 3 fricken days to get a measly 7.85gig, and this was blizzard's own torrent client on one the most anticipated games of the century (gushing i know).

In comparison, steam blew my head off, by staying at 2.1 meg a second for 2 hours straight, getting Arkham city (17gig).

The mind boggles.

r8response 6th May 2012 1:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADV (Post 14345118)
So I just pre-downloaded diablo 3 from blizzard, ready for installation on may 15th (16th our time?).

My only question is, why the hell did it take 3 fricken days to get a measly 7.85gig, and this was blizzard's own torrent client on one the most anticipated games of the century (gushing i know).

In comparison, steam blew my head off, by staying at 2.1 meg a second for 2 hours straight, getting Arkham city (17gig).

The mind boggles.

There could be any number of reasons. I know it maxed my connection (measly 800kB/s :( ) when i downloaded the files.

DarkForceMage 6th May 2012 2:10 PM

Took me under 15 mins when I grabbed it a couple weeks ago. It's probably just a rush to pre-load the week before release.

Smurfwow 6th May 2012 2:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADV (Post 14345118)

The mind boggles.

It was definitely something on your end.