Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / CLAN / PTR 2.1 LIVE (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)


Philll 7th May 2012 11:59 PM

It's from the concept art IIRC, it shows the various concepts they had for Diablo himself. I think this is the one they went with

Edit: yep

Quote:

Finally, we get to see the evolution of Diablo himself. By the looks of things, Blizzard was exploring some fairly diverse looks for the big bad before they settled on the pointy orange and black concept we've seen in the game's promotional artwork. And yes, apparently pink and blue was on the table at one point.
http://www.coflash.com/PHILLL_OCAU_N...ELETE/d301.jpg

http://www.coflash.com/PHILLL_OCAU_N...ELETE/d302.jpg

http://www.coflash.com/PHILLL_OCAU_N...ELETE/d303.jpg

http://www.coflash.com/PHILLL_OCAU_N...ELETE/d304.jpg

TXN 7th May 2012 11:59 PM

Anyone got any pretty wallpapers? :D

joe_sixpack 8th May 2012 12:02 AM

I'm confused as to what is actually being argued?

Vivendi SA owned Vivendi Games, who's owned Sierra/Blizzard Entertainment etc.. merges with Activision, to create a new company named Activision Blizzard.

Vivendi SA now owns slight majority stake in new company Activision Blizzard which in turn owns Activision, Blizzard Entertainment, Sierra etc etc..

Summary, Blizzard's CEO has been reporting to a higher authority for some time, once upon a time it was the CEO of Vivendi Games, now it happens to be the CEO of Activision Blizzard.

The CEO of Activision Blizzard will be reporting to shareholders etc etc, his job is to make money for said shareholders.

konholyoh 8th May 2012 2:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXN (Post 14350094)
Anyone got any pretty wallpapers? :D

Here buddy :p

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Dia...nch-42185.html

EDIT: Sorry, looks like you need to do something to unlock the wallpapers lol, i got tricked until i clicked the actual image link and it was a puny photo.

soulblade64 8th May 2012 6:54 AM

Looks like the Launch Day prep guide has been released by Blizzard and they're saying the installer will be unlocked early so people can stare at the login screen until they can login :thumbup:

They're also saying they're anticipating heavy traffic and if you don't get in in 40 seconds you'll hit an error 37 :thumbdn:... Of all the changes made to Diablo 3, the online only is the absolute worst.

Ravennoir 8th May 2012 8:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konholyoh (Post 14350235)
Here buddy :p

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Dia...nch-42185.html

EDIT: Sorry, looks like you need to do something to unlock the wallpapers lol, i got tricked until i clicked the actual image link and it was a puny photo.

What do you mean unlock ?

Just goto this link http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/# and choose them from that page (its the 9th circle)

Autti 8th May 2012 8:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philll (Post 14349939)
Here's one of my favorite posts that gets dug up again and again on the bnet forums, so unless it's incorrect, I'll keep referring to it for information.

What part of that indicates Activision have an editorial control over Blizzard? Its a fluff piece, lots of supposed evidence and nothing linking the two. How does including things like MW2 not having dedicated servers meaning anything to Blizzards operation? It doesn't. He is trying to claim guilty by association.

Please for the those who are "unable to read between the lines" indicate what section has actual evidence of Activision exerting any control.

Phill on his game hating rant yet again.

Philll 8th May 2012 8:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autti (Post 14350363)
Phill on his game hating rant yet again.

http://www.coflash.com/PHILLL_OCAU_N...TE/roflmao.gif

That didn't take long! Where did I say I hated it? I bought the damn thing and have been looking forward to it to no end, what does the current conversation have to do with liking or disliking the entire game? You hate bank fees right? Okay, don't use banks. Petrol prices? Don't use petrol. Because the things you dislike of course mean you have to hate everything associated with them. Apparently :rolleyes:

Quote:

Please for the those who are "unable to read between the lines" indicate what section has actual evidence of Activision exerting any control.
Quote:

Blizzard has established the most successful business in all of video games. It’s not like we need to go there and fix something. Blizzard will continue to operate as they have done in the past – fairly independently.
So are they working independently or not? Pretty clear cut answer, yes or no? What do you think from that statement? What do you think with all the changes they've made to Bnet? Let's keep going in circles then, I did warn you more than once ;)

Autti 8th May 2012 9:07 AM

Because one comment is sufficient evidence that Activision has assumed control over Blizzard, and not Vivendi, the people who own them? So you're wrong on two counts there.

What changes in Bnet? Only Online?

Philll 8th May 2012 9:13 AM

How many do you need? 5? 10? Will 10 change anything? I doubt it, so I'm not going to bother or change my mind. That's a direct quote from the company themselves, you asked for it, there it is. When you get what you ask for and continue to deny it, what else can I do? Agree to disagree or find something else to do (or make something up that I never insinuated again, you're good at that), because I'm not dragging it on any longer.

Jim-podiatrist 8th May 2012 9:21 AM

http://www.diablocountdown.com/

7 days, 7 hours.
This time next week, I'll be ready to leave work early to get home, install and rock it :thumbup:

Anyone else got leave booked?

Bertross 8th May 2012 9:25 AM

how old are you guys lol yeah we all want to play it but to take time off work to play a game, to me is silly :S

much rather spend the time with my family then play D3 lol.

you all students or not married with no kids are you?

i dont get it

maybe being a father has made me soft of late!

Jim-podiatrist 8th May 2012 9:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertross (Post 14350473)
how old are you guys lol yeah we all want to play it but to take time off work to play a game, to me is silly :S

much rather spend the time with my family then play D3 lol.

you all students or not married with no kids are you?

i dont get it

maybe being a father has made me soft of late!

lol.

I'm 29, home owner, work 9-5 and have a fiancee mate. She loves games.

So I'll be able to spend the time with her, playing an awesome game, doing my back garden over the two weeks off (her old man is a landscaper and is popping down with the bobcat).


Perfect restful break for me :thumbup:

Beaistheman 8th May 2012 9:38 AM

hmmm well im gonna take a couple of sick days lol (havent taken a single one so far)

Bertross 8th May 2012 9:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim-podiatrist (Post 14350498)
lol.

I'm 29, home owner, work 9-5 and have a fiancee mate. She loves games.

So I'll be able to spend the time with her, playing an awesome game, doing my back garden over the two weeks off (her old man is a landscaper and is popping down with the bobcat).


Perfect restful break for me :thumbup:

well thats ok, i got 2 kids and i got next to no time unless they are asleep, they are only little kids atm so they need full attention. Im just jealous i guess. :upset:

im the same age to in a month.


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 9:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
OCAU is not responsible for the content of individual messages posted by others.
Other content copyright Overclockers Australia.