Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / CLAN / PTR 2.1 LIVE (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

soulblade64 9th August 2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simboes (Post 13477725)
I can just imagine it going sour losing items etc when your connection drops for an outage or something.

I would assume to prevent that from happening Blizzard would implement a character save system like WoW (especially since Diablo 3 characters are saved server side). WoW as far as I remember would basically save everytime a change was made.

Psycho84 9th August 2011 1:31 PM

Spose an offline mode would mean no they have no way of pushing the RMAH to those players. Solution would appear to be no offline mode I guess?

Blizzard have always been smart.

FerrisXB9R 9th August 2011 1:39 PM

No good for me. When I travel out to mine sites or bush, I'd like to be able to play something even if I can't get a net connection. (I end up in places without NextG coverage too, so don't bother telling me to tether my mobile.)

ALSO, having seen how Blizz just applied a shiney new coat to StarCraft and called it StarCraft II, I'm not going to hold out for an amazing new Diablo. Until SC2, Blizzard could do no wrong by me, everything they released was gold. But now I worry that D3 will be nothing more that D2 with better gfx.

I hope to be proven wrong, I really do.

Nashkell 9th August 2011 1:55 PM

D2 with better graphics sounds awesome !

simboes 9th August 2011 2:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulblade64 (Post 13477740)
I would assume to prevent that from happening Blizzard would implement a character save system like WoW (especially since Diablo 3 characters are saved server side). WoW as far as I remember would basically save everytime a change was made.

That wouldn't be too bad I suppose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashkell (Post 13478066)
D2 with better graphics sounds awesome !

Agreed. Perfect in fact

There is a heap of D3 info on the latest IGN pubcast:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/113/1130423p1.html

EDIT: IGN doing maintenance, check back in like 30min

Darkness' 9th August 2011 2:12 PM

Hang on, not to get too far off topic, but SC 2 was always going to be the same game brought up to this generations hardware, with a few new units thrown in here and there.

I don't see the problem with that at all.

soulblade64 9th August 2011 2:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness' (Post 13478129)
I don't see the problem with that at all.

Unfortunately expectations by gamers leave developers in the paradox of "Damned if you do, damned if you don't"

Honestly people, stop bitching about the game and enjoy games for what they are, not for what you want them to be. If you think of it like that it can really give you an entirely different perspective on games.

simboes 9th August 2011 3:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulblade64 (Post 13478279)
Unfortunately expectations by gamers leave developers in the paradox of "Damned if you do, damned if you don't"

Honestly people, stop bitching about the game and enjoy games for what they are, not for what you want them to be. If you think of it like that it can really give you an entirely different perspective on games.

agreed, bring it on!

Autti 9th August 2011 3:33 PM

Good news everyone. For those of you that don't have friends that attended the recent press event i have this to tell you. There will be a full 3D intro cinematic when you first load up the game with 2D elements. Then once you chose your character you will see another cinematic for each class and gender (10 all up) that is described as very similar to Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows 2D animation (which was the favourite part of the movie for me).

Also for those of you wanting some good plot info the spoiler below is part of Cain's speech in the intro cinematic

Spoiler below, highlight to read:
At the end of days, the first sign shall appear in the heavens. Justice shall fall upon the world of men. The armies of light and shadow clash across the fields of eternity

Psycho84 9th August 2011 3:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulblade64 (Post 13478279)

Whats a constant connection system for SP got to do with being "damned if you do and damned if you don't"? That's a restriction not a gameplay change.

Are you saying that people would complain if there was offline single player?

gruntLOL 9th August 2011 3:51 PM

Has anyone heard any sort of specs for hardware to run this beast? Just moved out and slightly cursing myself for not picking up new hardware before the move. Good chance I won't be able to get a new PC between now and then and I have a feeling I most certainly will not be able to run this game :(

zdream 9th August 2011 3:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruntLOL (Post 13478532)
Has anyone heard any sort of specs for hardware to run this beast? Just moved out and slightly cursing myself for not picking up new hardware before the move. Good chance I won't be able to get a new PC between now and then and I have a feeling I most certainly will not be able to run this game :(

I reckon a PC that can run a bit above SC2 maxed.

Autti 9th August 2011 4:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zdream (Post 13478564)
I reckon a PC that can run a bit above SC2 maxed.

The only quotes so far are "if you can run SC2 with no problems you should be fine"

I can't tell you about quality until post beta when most of the graphics tweaking is done.

Vaempyr 9th August 2011 5:13 PM

Any Mac users who have had trouble with the Beta Profile app, these instructions worked for me:

1. Download fresh Opt-in tool
2. Turn off the Mac OS X Firewall. (See http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1810 for details in configuring the OS X Firewall.)
3. Completely log out of Battle.net (Click the "log out" button.)
4. Go to Safari>Preferences>Security and uncheck "Warn when visiting a fraudulent website" and "Block pop-up windows".
5. Check the "Accept cookies: Always" option.
6. Run the tool.
7. Return settings as you like them.

Dark Passenger 9th August 2011 7:36 PM

well tried to update my beta profile settings on my macbook but blizzard doesn't seem to like 10.7 ill have to see what happens in the near future