Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / CLAN / PTR 2.1 LIVE (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

Bertross 23rd May 2012 12:19 PM

i have an app on my SGS2 thats tells me when its down.

shizmo 23rd May 2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertross (Post 14400419)

Winning! Grabbed it.

Dev One 23rd May 2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertross (Post 14400419)

Good App. But like someone previously stated, the blizzard website said servers were up all night last night :P

Silent Remorse 23rd May 2012 12:32 PM

Alright, I've created a thread for server/technical discussion. This thread has been renamed for Gameplay and General discussion.

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh....php?t=1032357

I won't move incorrectly placed posts, I'll just delete them - I've wasted enough time in this forum today I think ;p

reags 23rd May 2012 12:32 PM

^ You sir, are a champ :thumbup:

FerrisXB9R 23rd May 2012 12:48 PM

Just a follow up on the Black mushroom in Cathedral level 1 for the Cow level.

The room containing the mushroom patch doesn't spawn until you hit level 9, and the mushroom patch will not always spawn even if the room does. Tested across 3 level 8-9 characters.

iNoob 23rd May 2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raGneG (Post 14400520)
Wrong thread bro. Plus rhetorical questions should still have a question mark.

--------

Anyone got a green yet?!!

You can only craft greens, they don't drop like d2 iirc. :tired:

Narcoticx2 23rd May 2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dev One (Post 14400444)
Good App. But like someone previously stated, the blizzard website said servers were up all night last night :P

I finished the game last night, during the 'downtime'... Guess I got lucky.

My impressions... well i'd be disappointed if I didn't know there were 2 planned expansions. The boss fights throughout were just... meh. I think there are a few posts over at Reddit that are definitely worth reading, regarding how fights are set up (the cutscenes) and the scariness being replaced with a "fuck yeah, lets fight!" atmosphere.

Regarding the story...
Spoiler below, highlight to read:
I don't like how cain is killed off. I don't like how Adria is evil, and how Leah also dies (or at least, isn't around at the end of the game). It just feels like there's nothing left to hold on to at the end of the game. Everyone's dead. Cain always felt like the thing holding these games together. Now he's gone, it's like changing the main character in a tv show! That's how it feels to me, anyway.
The bosses were obvious by the start of act 2, which was fine, but they were extremely weak which wasn't fine. I managed to kill Azmodan before he even attacked me, and I was only level 30 which is roughly where you'll be when you face him on normal. For first playthrough, this really ruins the wow-factor fun of the game. I know he's harder in hell/inferno, but my first playthrough is always something I want to hit hard.

Items are also a little disappointing, but I'm enjoying just how hard it is to find a legendary item. To be honest, I wish they were more powerful and rarer, but you can't please everyone.

Oh, and Spoiler below, highlight to read:
I hate how top-heavy Diablo's head looks, he seems so ridiculous during the final battle! Loved how he went blue in the shadow realm though.

hotsuma 23rd May 2012 12:54 PM

Well as it appears were trying to steer this back into the gameplay discussion

Recently switched to a 1hand \ shield on the monk at 52

originally i just purchased a terrible blue axe \ shield and boots with + gold find because i just wanted to see how much that increased my gold income (quite a bit actually)

so played through from start of act 1 hell to about the 8th quest\waypoint i cant recall the quest name but beside the point anyway (was only doing it for the gold initally).

I was doing rediciously low damage but had an immense amount of fun, the other 3 people were decently geared but they were all dps focused so it ended up being me tank stuff while they dps.

so basically once tanking something i was able to just spam mantra of healing and keep the group up. while in range no other players went under 90% and we did not wipe on any encounter. although the other three died early on before i learnt to spam mantra, and i was still tanking when they ran back (hahaha made me feel like a pro)

sort of ended up reminding me of a paladin, and i like the idea of having good viable sub spec's in class.

I have not heard too much about this , someone specking there class to be specifically for tanking \ health regen and not caring too much about damage.

Think I will have a further play with this as i really enjoyed it basically stack vitality and dex as a low priority. I get the feeling you would have great groups once the other 3 figure out you can just tank all the elites in hell .

o bty i have a nice gold club and shield now so my dps will actually be decent. anyway still cant wait to get home and play it so thats one good thing atm

Radioactiv3 23rd May 2012 12:57 PM

im a 56 DH into Hell mode and loving the game.

I don't know how i'm going to stack nephalem buff in inferno because taking out one rare mob in Hell not even inferno usually means i need to rez about 5 times if i get a bad combination of buffs they have. (though this is coop with my bro i havn't tried solo)

It's definitely challenging me so i'll probably be pretty addict to it for a long while =p

meremortal 23rd May 2012 1:16 PM

Does anyone have any tips on the quickest ways to level up a new character?

brewsa 23rd May 2012 1:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioactiv3 (Post 14400541)

I don't know how i'm going to stack nephalem buff in inferno because taking out one rare mob in Hell not even inferno usually means i need to rez about 5 times if i get a bad combination of buffs they have. (though this is coop with my bro i havn't tried solo)

It's definitely challenging me so i'll probably be pretty addict to it for a long while =p

You don't lose the buff when you die, only when you logout or change spec, I think?

Bertross 23rd May 2012 1:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meremortal (Post 14400597)

yeah mate load up everything with + exp after a kill.

RyoSaeba 23rd May 2012 1:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damox (Post 14400404)
The server was down for 8(?) hours last night.

Was only really downed for about 4 hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcoticx2 (Post 14400527)
I finished the game last night, during the 'downtime'... Guess I got lucky.

My impressions... well i'd be disappointed if I didn't know there were 2 planned expansions. The boss fights throughout were just... meh. I think there are a few posts over at Reddit that are definitely worth reading, regarding how fights are set up (the cutscenes) and the scariness being replaced with a "fuck yeah, lets fight!" atmosphere.

Regarding the story...
I don't like how cain is killed off. I don't like how Adria is evil, and how Leah also dies (or at least, isn't around at the end of the game). It just feels like there's nothing left to hold on to at the end of the game. Everyone's dead. Cain always felt like the thing holding these games together. Now he's gone, it's like changing the main character in a tv show! That's how it feels to me, anyway.
The bosses were obvious by the start of act 2, which was fine, but they were extremely weak which wasn't fine. I managed to kill Azmodan before he even attacked me, and I was only level 30 which is roughly where you'll be when you face him on normal. For first playthrough, this really ruins the wow-factor fun of the game. I know he's harder in hell/inferno, but my first playthrough is always something I want to hit hard.

Items are also a little disappointing, but I'm enjoying just how hard it is to find a legendary item. To be honest, I wish they were more powerful and rarer, but you can't please everyone.

Oh, and Spoiler below, highlight to read:
I hate how top-heavy Diablo's head looks, he seems so ridiculous during the final battle! Loved how he went blue in the shadow realm though.

Indeed the boss fights were relatively straight foward. Infact later difficulties, you'll find much more challenge in elites and named than bosses. Also bosses no longer drop yellow after normal. You'll have to farm named/elites for rare items and thus make sense that they're harder.

Legendary items are just items with fixed names, has some sort of fix stats (with varying amount of each) and has some story attached to it. They usually do have more effects on them though. But like all other items, it's completely random. So a lot of legendary items are pretty useless. Like having an awesome glove with + to barb skill and then massive amount of int. Saw one of them drop before.

As for difficulty, lvl 30 is way too high for Azmodan. 30 you should already be at diablo or in Nightmare. Also if you went to the AH to twink up your gears, normal is absolute cakewalk.

And for expansion spoilers :

Adria will be back with the black soulstone! But that's pretty obvious. Also after watching the "wrath" short video, I was hoping that we'd be fighting one of the arch angels instead. Or maybe that's the next expansion. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioactiv3 (Post 14400541)

Smoke screen with lingering fog and preperation with battle scar is really the key to survival here. Smoke screen will get you out of tight situation unless you're trapped in a corner. Then just run away and kite the mob. When you run out of discipline, hit preperation and that'll replenish your discipline and also hp.

hotsuma 23rd May 2012 1:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meremortal (Post 14400597)

Id probally say the fastes way is demon hunter \ mage , single player hitting the x bottom right as fast as you can as soon as anyone starts speaking , and escape whenever a movie starts. other than that , about every 7-10 levels buy a few gold upgrades from the AH

specifically ensure you always have a weapon close to your level and no items more than 15 levels under your current level.
oh and deff you want boots with + movement , lots of running
and always dump grey \ white items on the ground there worth about 8 gold even in hell, if you go to town and there are greys in your bag your doing it wrong , although obviously it happens haha
-----
whats the neflem buff or whatever im missing something the other guys mentioned?