Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / CLAN / PTR 2.1 LIVE (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

Dodoman 22nd September 2011 11:40 PM

Yeah that point was a bit weird, but wouldn't you also lose any items you've picked up since then?

e; Not that it matters... Anything you like you'd probably have equipped already.

flinchy 23rd September 2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodoman (Post 13619258)
Yeah that point was a bit weird, but wouldn't you also lose any items you've picked up since then?

e; Not that it matters... Anything you like you'd probably have equipped already.

nope, since it's saved serverside, every kill is logged even.

Silent Remorse 23rd September 2011 8:27 AM

If you want to pause, just use your town portal stone. You'll have a portal back to the dungeon and will be safe in town.

purehybrid 23rd September 2011 9:56 AM

Lets simplify this.

Diablo 3 is not a single player game. It is a multiplayer online co-op game, that gives you the option not to invite anyone if you're antisocial. It doesn't even SAY "singleplayer".

The people saying "oh, its easy, just add an option to create a totally offline character that can't be used online at all" simply don't understand what that would require. Not only would it remove the anti-piracy effect of having all of this online integration... it would not be "easy" at all. They'd have to develop a completely new system for offline quest tracking, character stat saving, item creation, map creation, and a myriad other things that are no doubt tied together with the online systems.

The entire game has been developed around online co-op play. If the internet was as developed during the days of d1 or d2, you can be pretty sure those games would have the same focus.

Slidey 23rd September 2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy_Chuggs (Post 13619116)
So I just saw an email from Blizzard pop up. I shit my pants thinking it was a D3 beta or something cool, but it turns out to be "Blizzard Insider #41 - Deathwing Raid Unveiled".

HNNNNNNNGH

rofl - same thing happened to me. Was quite disappointed.

Silent Remorse 23rd September 2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehybrid (Post 13619928)
The entire game has been developed around online co-op play. If the internet was as developed during the days of d1 or d2, you can be pretty sure those games would have the same focus.

Bang on. The first person in the thread to truly understand the point of the game.

Just like SC2, they wanted the entire experience to be dynamic.

sir_bazz 23rd September 2011 10:52 AM

So have any aussies received a beta invite yet?

Just wondering if the selection process is currently based on geographical location.

hosh0 23rd September 2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_bazz (Post 13620123)

Just wondering if the selection process is currently based on geographical location.

Silent Remorse got in. Atm it's pretty much media invites going out.

Silent Remorse 23rd September 2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

I think I'm one of a few people in this thread and throughout the world who got a key - certain games media get allocated keys to all Blizzard betas for previews/beta coverage.

In terms of rollout - Judging from what I've read and some people I've talked to, this seems to be the play:

The rollout of keys will be in stages, each bigger then the next, to monitor server load.

- Family and Friends (DONE)
- Press and Media (CURRENT)
- Wave 1 Random Account Activation
- Wave 2 Random Account Activation
- Giveaways, Promotions and Buddy Keys
- Possibly Open Beta (wouldn't hold your breath though)

So don't worry, there's a still a ways to go.

remi. 23rd September 2011 12:34 PM

Hmmmm currently my system stats are my PC, wondering if its worth changing them to my iMac for a better chance of getting in :D

d.Mac 23rd September 2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remi. (Post 13620493)
Hmmmm currently my system stats are my PC, wondering if its worth changing them to my iMac for a better chance of getting in :D

thats exactly what i did lol.

Sc316 23rd September 2011 4:11 PM

Quote:

if you really want a invite go upload a few gaming vids to youtube then call yourself Press and Media

Silent Remorse 23rd September 2011 4:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sc316 (Post 13621253)
if you really want a invite go upload a few gaming vids to youtube then call yourself Press and Media

Yeah that's not how it works ;p You need to be more like TotalBiscuit or Husky before Blizzard starts dropping beta keys on you.

Autti 23rd September 2011 5:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remi. (Post 13620493)

You know i've been debating this a lot and my current conclusion is that PC would be more likely for the following reasons.

Client stability. This would favour PC for a simple reason, there are far more combinations of hardware than a Mac. A Mac will have around 30-50 different systems that could play D3 (i.e not PowerPC) tops. It would be very very easy to stability on these systems. Couple that with the fact they want a broad category of hardware, there will be thousands with the exact same, why bother hand out lots of keys to what will acheive the same result.

Put it this way, if i was running the beta i could evaluate the entire Mac problems with 100 keys. PC on the other hand would require thousands upon thousands.

jET_M@X 23rd September 2011 6:01 PM

Blizz could be targeting gamers who play d3 on the go. There's a video of some press guy playing the d3 beta on a macbook air. Just
do what another ocau'er did and register 2 battlenet accounts - 1 with the pc specs and 1 with the mac. Can't hurt to have more chances right?