Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / CLAN / PTR 2.1 LIVE (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)


Fatmantan 1st June 2012 2:50 PM

So it's Blizzard's fault you use the same password for login as you do for your email/forum login/whatever other site that has your email registered?

I dont see how much more they can do by making it free for download.

90% of the mobile phones out there are ios or android based. (yes i made that figure up)

*I agree that they could possibly make the tags included for free, however they are in business to make money

Philll 1st June 2012 2:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatmantan (Post 14429919)
So it's Blizzard's fault you use the same password for login as you do for your email/forum login/whatever other site that has your email registered?

Wow, another tangent, and no, but why are you asking me that?

Quote:

*I agree that they could possibly make the tags included for free, however they are in business to make money
Cha-ching! Which was all I was saying in my original post and how they should do a little more to help protect their customers, without the Blizztax.

Goose1981 1st June 2012 2:54 PM

...so, anyone want to talk about Diablo 3?

Slidey 1st June 2012 2:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philll (Post 14429626)
Who said it was? Show me, before you reply, where I said it was Blizzard's fault. They could be doing a lot more for people who paid full price, without taxing them in the process.

I just love the response to it; instead of including these devices with the games themselves (worth a few dollars), charge people for it! Here's a device that will almost guarantee you will never be hacked, but you have to pay because we refuse to do much else! Charge them because your service is vulnerable! If you don't have one or a phone worth hundreds of dollars, we won't be held responsible! I love Blizzard so I am A-OK with anything they do! :o :rolleyes: :o

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if this were anyone but Blizzard (EA, Microsoft, Sony etc), people would be going apeshit, as they do.

By referring how shit there current system is you are. Thinking about it, i dont believe i know of another developer who even offer an authenticator for their games. Security is one of these area's where majority falls on the client atleast they offer the ability to use an authenticator and even roll back accounts that are have been hacked.

Fatmantan 1st June 2012 2:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philll (Post 14429927)
Cha-ching! Which was all I was saying in my original post and how they should do a little more to help protect their customers, without the Blizztax.

This is where we differ. I think they have done a little more to help by making it free for download without the blizz tax.

Every man and his dog these days have a smartphone. Those who dont are lying ;)

GiantGuineaPig 1st June 2012 2:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hosh0 (Post 14429813)
Yeah I'm not a noob here, i know a phishing site when i see one. I also play a heap of online games and access various services like steam, origin etc and they are all fine so not buying that excuse. I honestly think the vulnerability is on their side and of course they aren't going to admit it especially if they don't have a fix..

Edit: I also work with one of the biggest PKI systems in Australia so I am quite security conscious.

Did you use a unique username and or password for Battle.net?

RyoSaeba 1st June 2012 3:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goose1981 (Post 14429933)
...so, anyone want to talk about Diablo 3?

Yeh, can't wait to go home and play some more. Torn between actually lvling my 37 barb or just keep farming with my 60 DH, knowing that at 60, barb is going to be a pain in the ass to gear.

.Radiant 1st June 2012 3:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slidey (Post 14429934)
By referring how shit there current system is you are. Thinking about it, i dont believe i know of another developer who even offer an authenticator for their games. Security is one of these area's where majority falls on the client atleast they offer the ability to use an authenticator and even roll back accounts that are have been hacked.

Not many other developers have games that are as big. WoW, SC2 and D3 are huge games, when the you've got all those games tied to a single account you kind of need that much security.

On that, steam offer steam guard which is kind of similar.

othy 1st June 2012 3:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyoSaeba (Post 14429966)
Yeh, can't wait to go home and play some more. Torn between actually lvling my 37 barb or just keep farming with my 60 DH, knowing that at 60, barb is going to be a pain in the ass to gear.

Is the barb fun? I'm currently playing DH, and up to level 55 (can't believe how little I've been able to play). Trying to decide my my next character and am so torn between them all. I think blizzard have done well with the selections when I can't make up my mind.

--

othy

hosh0 1st June 2012 3:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatmantan (Post 14429919)
So it's Blizzard's fault you use the same password for login as you do for your email/forum login/whatever other site that has your email registered?

I dont see how much more they can do by making it free for download.

90% of the mobile phones out there are ios or android based. (yes i made that figure up)

*I agree that they could possibly make the tags included for free, however they are in business to make money

Keep the assumptions coming. My password was not used for anything else.

joe_sixpack 1st June 2012 3:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philll (Post 14429927)
Cha-ching! Which was all I was saying in my original post and how they should do a little more to help protect their customers, without the Blizztax.

Here's the problem... They force everyone to use Authenticators and give them away for free.. Account hacking related issues plumet, in return they have problems with noobs loosing their authenticators or having phone issues and not taking note of their serial numbers. So the amount of support calls for either option is still high.

I still think the phone based authenticator is the best way to do it. People are pretty protective of their phones and carry it with them everywhere, the authenticator device itself could be easily lost.

Typical person pays less than $80 for the game, which has no subscription fee's to play, will probably be supported for the next 10years.. Oh my gosh I have to fork out an extra $30 bucks for account safety.. Unacceptable... Maybe they should of made the game cost $110 inc authenticator... wait, not everyones happy again! :rolleyes:

hosh0 1st June 2012 3:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiantGuineaPig (Post 14429955)
Did you use a unique username and or password for Battle.net?

Well my username is my email so can't really make that unique and my password follows my standard period policy of common strong part then for each service a unique strong finish. I end up with a 8-14 character long password that contains upper, lower, numbers and symbols and no dictionary words etc.

RyoSaeba 1st June 2012 3:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by othy (Post 14429981)
Is the barb fun? I'm currently playing DH, and up to level 55 (can't believe how little I've been able to play). Trying to decide my my next character and am so torn between them all. I think blizzard have done well with the selections when I can't make up my mind.

--

othy

I think barb is one of those character that's more fun in groups later on. At 37 i'm rather enjoying my barb playing with friends. With my DH in inferno, i also run with my friend's 60 barb who tanks for me. Reason why i'm not looking forward to lvling my barb is that in inferno, you don't play DPS any longer. You play a tank. But unlike in Wow, there's no one to heal you. You can get someone else to DPS but you have to rely on your skills and globes for healing. Which can be difficult if you're trying to tank, get the hell out of freeze balls, plague, dessecration, fire chains etc. You do fuckall dmg. regular mob that takes my DH 1 shot to kill will take him a good 30 sec to kill. But they can't really hurt him either. Just not really my play style. I'll probably lvl my 51 wiz to 60 though. Got a nice 500dps 1h spear for lvl 53 that she can use.

damox 1st June 2012 3:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hosh0 (Post 14430007)
Well my username is my email so can't really make that unique and my password follows my standard period policy of common strong part then for each service a unique strong finish. I end up with a 8-14 character long password that contains upper, lower, numbers and symbols and no dictionary words etc.

I use unique emails for all my accounts.

Why is that so hard? Get a domain, set up some email accounts. Bam.

+ you know who is leaking your info when the spam train arrives.

Dev One 1st June 2012 3:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goose1981 (Post 14429933)
...so, anyone want to talk about Diablo 3?

Fucking agreed...


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
OCAU is not responsible for the content of individual messages posted by others.
Other content copyright Overclockers Australia.