Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / CLAN / PTR 2.1 LIVE (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

Manou12 1st June 2012 3:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by othy (Post 14429981)
Is the barb fun? I'm currently playing DH, and up to level 55 (can't believe how little I've been able to play). Trying to decide my my next character and am so torn between them all. I think blizzard have done well with the selections when I can't make up my mind.

--

othy

barbs are fun as hell ... but trust me man tooo much gold spent on repairs unless you got millions in gold i mean millions dont bother cos good barb gear is toooooo expensive ... but it is so much fun lol ... cept when you are in inferno past act 2 ... no way .. until then yea smash smash smash:thumbup::thumbup:

GiantGuineaPig 1st June 2012 3:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hosh0 (Post 14430007)
Well my username is my email so can't really make that unique and my password follows my standard period policy of common strong part then for each service a unique strong finish. I end up with a 8-14 character long password that contains upper, lower, numbers and symbols and no dictionary words etc.

If it is a unique password then that no other service uses, that definitely adds to the mystery. If you used a common password it'd be rather obvious what happened...

---

My Barbarian is up to level 54 now, going through Nightmare - definitely tougher. Bought a level 54 legendary weapon of some sort off the AH last night for only 30k, big improvement to the damage done to mobs!

Philll 1st June 2012 3:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe_sixpack (Post 14429994)
Here's the problem... They force everyone to use Authenticators and give them away for free.. Account hacking related issues plumet, in return they have problems with noobs loosing their authenticators or having phone issues and not taking note of their serial numbers. So the amount of support calls for either option is still high.

I was going to stop replying, I really was... but the stupidity in this post compels me.
  1. There would be nothing forcing you to use an authenticator, just as nothing forces you now (unless you don't care about your account security)
  2. If someone loses or breaks their authenticators, it's no different to breaking or the DVD, you pay for it. What are you talking about?

Quote:

I still think the phone based authenticator is the best way to do it. People are pretty protective of their phones and carry it with them everywhere, the authenticator device itself could be easily lost.
Nobody is debating that, moving along.

Quote:

Maybe they should of made the game cost $110 inc authenticator... wait, not everyones happy again! :rolleyes:
You go from $80 - $110 for a $4-5 gadget? And IIRC, the game is sold all over the world, so it would be more like $50 - $60 on average.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dev One (Post 14430017)
Fucking agreed...

Acceptable D3 topics:
  • 200 different people telling you how they're levelling up
  • e-peen measurement in the form of items
  • I found *item* which is only interesting to people of the same level
  • "I fucked up my AH purchase"
Sooo interesting. Account security is on topic and is a serious issue, isn't related to server/technical problems with the game and isn't tradable. Get over yourself.

othy 1st June 2012 3:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyoSaeba (Post 14430010)
I think barb is one of those character that's more fun in groups later on. At 37 i'm rather enjoying my barb playing with friends. With my DH in inferno, i also run with my friend's 60 barb who tanks for me. Reason why i'm not looking forward to lvling my barb is that in inferno, you don't play DPS any longer. You play a tank. But unlike in Wow, there's no one to heal you. You can get someone else to DPS but you have to rely on your skills and globes for healing. Which can be difficult if you're trying to tank, get the hell out of freeze balls, plague, dessecration, fire chains etc. You do fuckall dmg. regular mob that takes my DH 1 shot to kill will take him a good 30 sec to kill. But they can't really hurt him either. Just not really my play style. I'll probably lvl my 51 wiz to 60 though. Got a nice 500dps 1h spear for lvl 53 that she can use.

Thanks, you sort of confirmed what I was thinking. I was leaning towards barb after the DH to be an alternative to let my friends play DPS characters. Give me a few options when running in Inferno.

I'm not to Inferno yet, but from what I understand it just involves a lot of kiting no matter what class you play. Tanking just doesn't seem that viable. I wonder if they are going to change this in future patches?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manou12 (Post 14430030)
barbs are fun as hell ... but trust me man tooo much gold spent on repairs unless you got millions in gold i mean millions dont bother cos good barb gear is toooooo expensive ... but it is so much fun lol ... cept when you are in inferno past act 2 ... no way .. until then yea smash smash smash:thumbup::thumbup:

I'm pretty poor, ~500k in gold. Mostly run hand-me-downs from friends. I just haven't been able to play as much as I would like (which would be 24/7..). Perhaps I should play the auction house game more. I've managed to flip a few items (20k rings, sold 100k, etc). Seems to be easier to find 'rare' drops* on the auction house to make money.

* where you search for items not valued correctly, that have just been listed.

--

othy

RyoSaeba 1st June 2012 3:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manou12 (Post 14430030)

Yup. Exactly that. Leap + earthquake + stomp = win. :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by othy (Post 14430038)
Thanks, you sort of confirmed what I was thinking. I was leaning towards barb after the DH to be an alternative to let my friends play DPS characters. Give me a few options when running in Inferno.

I'm not to Inferno yet, but from what I understand it just involves a lot of kiting no matter what class you play. Tanking just doesn't seem that viable. I wonder if they are going to change this in future patches?

--

othy

They're looking at tuning it further to help melee class. So far melee are finding it extremely tough to play in inferno act2. I've got a friend who plays a monk at 51. Keeps talking big about how he'll be fine in inferno. I keep trying to tell him to prepare for the worst, but he just seems to think that i'm putting him down lol. He'll see... :lol:

sam1123 1st June 2012 3:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goose1981 (Post 14429933)
...so, anyone want to talk about Diablo 3?

My monks is just not powerful enough for what is essentially a melee character. Stuck in inferno Act 1, so I started a new game with a DH.

I have to say much more fun, at this stage the survivability of the Monk was a little better with the healing mantra but gameplay is much quicker with the DH.

It took me until about level 25 to realize you can hold down the mouse button on the rapid fire skill to let loose dozens of arrows in one go. Combine that with increase hatred perk and hatred regen gear, its awesome. Until then I was single shooting the rapid fire one arrow at a time.

RyoSaeba 1st June 2012 3:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam1123 (Post 14430050)
Until then I was single shooting the rapid fire one arrow at a time.

Lol i think my friend might be doing something like this too. But with other classes. When we skype, all I hear is *Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.C lick.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Cli ck.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.*

His mouse aint gonna last much longer lol

nathanblogs 1st June 2012 3:24 PM

scored an 850dps weap with int/socket/crit dam for 600k massive bargin.

now 49.9k dps unbuffed, somehow hit 180k dps in a butcher run with all buffs ( 4ppl grouP) last night and blue up a pack of elites in ~3-4 seconds.

Fatmantan 1st June 2012 3:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyoSaeba (Post 14430057)
Lol i think my friend might be doing something like this too. But with other classes. When we skype, all I hear is *Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.C lick.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Cli ck.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.*

His mouse aint gonna last much longer lol

LMAO!

I dont even click anymore, just hold the mouse button down and press shift to fire :lol:

GiantGuineaPig 1st June 2012 3:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyoSaeba (Post 14430042)

Gonna have to set my Barb up like that, thanks :)

othy 1st June 2012 3:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatmantan (Post 14430074)
LMAO!

I dont even click anymore, just hold the mouse button down and press shift to fire :lol:

I certainly click less then D2. Just hold mouse button all the time now to move, push shift to fire.

--

othy

Fatmantan 1st June 2012 3:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by othy (Post 14430077)
I certainly click less then D2. Just hold mouse button all the time now to move, push shift to fire.

--

othy

/slap!

Yeah, i thought about fixing it up when i was typing, but cbf ;)

Manou12 1st June 2012 3:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyoSaeba (Post 14430042)

They're looking at tuning it further to help melee class. So far melee are finding it extremely tough to play in inferno act2. I've got a friend who plays a monk at 51. Keeps talking big about how he'll be fine in inferno. I keep trying to tell him to prepare for the worst, but he just seems to think that i'm putting him down lol. He'll see... :lol:

lol spot on ... when you are soloing .. call of the ancients help cos they take the edge of for a few until you can earthquake em and go Kamikaze on em lol ... die once but the pack is done for lol

Joehax 1st June 2012 3:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iinsom (Post 14429772)
Then what if someone spoofs your mac address?

Sure, but how would they find your MAC address in the first place?

The game client would use your local network MAC to generate a master key for your account.

The hackers would then need to know your local MAC, dupe the master key and generate a new and valid passcode (which changes every 60 seconds).

Seems like a lot of work that is probably beyond the skill of your average bnet hacker.

I'm not an expert though, so I could be wrong here..

RyoSaeba 1st June 2012 3:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manou12 (Post 14430092)
lol spot on ... when you are soloing .. call of the ancients help cos they take the edge of for a few until you can earthquake em and go Kamikaze on em lol ... die once but the pack is done for lol

I'm not a fan of call of the ancients. I prefer going beserk and chase them down myself lol. Chain is also extremely useful for runners and such. But Leap is by far my favourite skill. Taking short cuts with it so often annoys my friends so much when they have to take the long way lol