Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / CLAN / PTR 2.1 LIVE (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

.Radiant 16th June 2012 7:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSanity (Post 14475721)
Mmmm, tasty tasty key logger.

Nah its legit. Doesn't work very well though IIRC.

Henry 16th June 2012 7:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiantGuineaPig (Post 14475727)
Exactly. You'll need around 300 resists to be fine with Inferno Act 1. Inferno Act 2 on the other hand I have no idea. Whatever I do I get 1 shotted by normal mobs.

Also I rolled a hardcore monk, got to level 13, and died due to lag :( Don't think I'll do another HC character while the lag jumps are still so common.

Yeah I can buff myself up to 1k all resists and 9k armour but I only have 12k HP. Still have to use force armour to stop being 2shot by the snakes that hang out with belial :/ Can't get past him at the moment.

japes 16th June 2012 7:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Radiant (Post 14475355)
half the damage, 2x/3x the amount of health is what it should be IMO

How would that change the game so it rewards farming less? It would just make LoH that much more powerful. The game is farming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Radiant (Post 14475355)
which would be alright except how much damage monsters can do throws smart play outside the window.

So you wouldn't agree that successfully navigating a situation where monsters can 2 hit you is 'smart play'?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie (Post 14475348)
If Blizzard want to please the majority rather than a minority, they will make Inferno more suitable to the average player

They will, its a Blizzard philosophy. Sad really - catering to the ADHD generation. Hell should have been the endgame, and Inferno an activated option so those who simply aren't up to it wouldn't feel like it was content that needed to be beaten for them to finish the game. Inferno was touted as being ridiculously hard and for serious gamers only, yet even though it has been completed by however many thousands of people already, they release patch notes containing nerfs within only a month of release. Pathetic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie (Post 14475348)
If you want a real challenge run Hardcore

Completely different type of challenge, and one that I'm not going to bother with purely due to latency.

.Radiant 16th June 2012 8:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 14475847)
How would that change the game so it rewards farming less? It would just make LoH that much more powerful. The game is farming.

As it is fights are either over in an instant or you spend most of the time running away or just stand in the fire and tank while someone deals the damage for you. You don't exactly do much learning about the monsters and you don't really get the chance to try unless you like dying constantly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 14475847)
So you wouldn't agree that successfully navigating a situation where monsters can 2 hit you is 'smart play'?

Entirely depends, can you do that with substandard gear or without dying? Currently it's gear checks all over, you need to get your numbers go up to a certain point and you're fine to bulldoze through areas with little or no issue.

Lowering the damage dealt and raising the health forces people to spend that much more time on fights while still being relatively dangerous. It also allows people to be undergeared and still progress if they're smart. I don't have too big of an issue with the farming as it is pretty much what the game is, but combat needs to be satisfying which it really isn't in inferno.

japes 16th June 2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Radiant (Post 14475988)
It also allows people to be undergeared and still progress if they're smart.

You realise this is exactly what's going on now, which Blizzard dislikes, and why everyone whinges about Demon Hunters and Wizards right? When played well they're able to clear content while totally undergeared for it.

ASASN 16th June 2012 10:34 PM

So fucking frustrating as a barb in inferno to the point were I feel like throwing in the towel. Running around with a 750dps weap that still take several swings to down a zombie, epic battles against elite mobs etc and for wat.....a 90dps dagger and some other worthless junk. I see all that effort I went into stacking mf has paid off :rolleyes:

This patch better hurry the fuck up.

.Radiant 16th June 2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 14476265)
You realise this is exactly what's going on now, which Blizzard dislikes, and why everyone whinges about Demon Hunters and Wizards right? When played well they're able to clear content while totally undergeared for it.

I wouldn't really call the current DH playstyle smart, its a case of getting yourself a crossbow, spamming NT and SS'ing at the right times.

From what i've seen of wizards its somewhere inbetween. Doesn't really address other classes though.

Lep 16th June 2012 10:57 PM

As an undergeared wizard i was able to get through some tight situations purely using diamond skin, venom hydra, blizzard, magic missile seeker rune and a lot of kiting. I like the microness of this game.

However as a undergeared barb, this game sucks balls. Going in to Hell Act 3 was a so bad. Some elites were just one shotting and just beating up on me. As a barb im not sure how to stay alive and resist elite mobs. My build is based around attack speed but im sure that will change when i make some good money.

japes 16th June 2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Radiant (Post 14476321)
I wouldn't really call the current DH playstyle smart, its a case of getting yourself a crossbow, spamming NT and SS'ing at the right times.

That's oversimplifying it - knowing when to kite or burn, when to use SS, how to manage Discipline use with Caltrops etc. are all processes that involve some level of thought.

Doesn't negate the fact that under-geared players (on certain classes) who are good can burn through content, yet many with better gear can't.

Bertross 16th June 2012 11:39 PM

im still in a rutt for inferno, i cant sell stuff in AH, no one is buying jack. I need to farm for cash i guess!!!! gah. I can sort of take on mobs now but select few when i can out run them and no mortor!!!

still low DPS though around 9.5k i suppose i need to work on the coins and go more AH i suppose. Nep Valor is handy.

iphex 16th June 2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertross (Post 14476461)
im still in a rutt for inferno, i cant sell stuff in AH, no one is buying jack. I need to farm for cash i guess!!!! gah. I can sort of take on mobs now but select few when i can out run them and no mortor!!!

still low DPS though around 9.5k i suppose i need to work on the coins and go more AH i suppose. Nep Valor is handy.

Going to be the case for quite some time.

Im running 660 unbuffed RA, 21k dps, 8.7k armor, 52k health and still get slammed in act II inferno on some elite mobs.

Warcry with the resistance rune makes such a huge difference though, so does 5 stack frenzy with health on hit.

.Radiant 17th June 2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 14476455)
That's oversimplifying it - knowing when to kite or burn, when to use SS, how to manage Discipline use with Caltrops etc. are all processes that involve some level of thought.

Doesn't negate the fact that under-geared players (on certain classes) who are good can burn through content, yet many with better gear can't.

Yes some level, but its all things that are easily grasped and tends to be applied to most of the mobs in game. They don't really require understanding of specific monsters or elite attributes.

If they're burning through content on inferno i'd say they're not undergeared at all. People who are overgeared and are still having trouble are the result of videos by people like athene.

itsmydamnation 17th June 2012 12:42 AM

got up to act 3, have no chance of killing a pack. just got some epic good chest armor:

327 armor
113 intel
138 vit
5% life
3 sockets

Azzan 17th June 2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmydamnation (Post 14476563)
got up to act 3, have no chance of killing a pack. just got some epic good chest armor:

327 armor
113 intel
138 vit
5% life
3 sockets

nice, i never get any good int drops.. im interested if u r selling.

japes 17th June 2012 1:01 AM

Just found Blackthorne's Breaches, was due for a legendary, horrible :(