Overclockers Australia Forums

Overclockers Australia Forums (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php)
-   PC Games (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / CLAN / PTR 2.1 LIVE (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=692070)

Dass Booty 8th December 2011 8:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funniboi (Post 13876961)
Curious - those that got the invite, do you actively play any games linked to your account?
:(

The only thing I have on my battle.net account is World of Warcraft and I haven't played that for nearly a year.

quade00 8th December 2011 9:25 PM

I havent touched any of the games in my account in a long long time. Diablo 2 and D2 LOD are the only two linked to my account. That being said, I was part of the original Diablo 2 beta, go figure.

I just finished a run through with the Skeleton King as a Barbarian. Like the game so far though the beta is very short. Seems very polished to me at the moment. A few minor inconveniences at the moment but hoping the rest of the worlds are as complete or more so. On normal it was quite easy I hit level 10 through to the Skeleton King completion in single player.

Graphics are pretty sharp actually and quite surprising, but what got me was the sound. Really loved the 5.1 and meatiness of the sound engineering so far.

Makes me want the full version even more!

Suddo 8th December 2011 9:38 PM

Quote:

Sigh!!!!!!

Still no invite!

Curious - those that got the invite, do you actively play any games linked to your account?

I have only got SC2 on my B.Net account; and haven't touched it for >8months. Could this be why?

yeah I have WoW and SC2. havent played WoW in ages though

dogthinker 8th December 2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Sigh!!!!!!

Still no invite!

I have only got SC2 on my B.Net account; and haven't touched it for >8months. Could this be why?

I got an invite :D All I had was SC2, and like you I haven't touched it for quite some time. I'm not sure if it's been THAT long, but probably close.

bester 9th December 2011 8:33 AM

I own every Blizzard game on battle.net and still haven't got in. However, one of my friends got in this week so I will finally be able to check it out (which is cool and will suffice for now).

dogthinker 9th December 2011 8:51 AM

Well, I got to play it for an hour or so. First impressions... At first look it wasn't as visually spectacular is I expected, but the gameplay seemed solid and I was quickly sucked in. So far I've been liking the changes I've noticed compared to D2.

However.... For me it's been laggy as %$^. I'd frequently see things like delays in my firing followed by two shots at once, monsters dying before I saw my character fire the shot... Once I was unable to move for a couple of seconds - very nearly dying as a result.

I sure hope they improve the experience regarding lag, or that I've just been seeing some 'worst case scenario' server loading. (I'm presuming they're not going to see the light of day and allow local single player...)

Suddo 9th December 2011 11:40 AM

anyone else unable to log in? keep getting a 395000 error. apparently its going on with everyone.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3657613979

zoogwah 9th December 2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddo (Post 13878721)
anyone else unable to log in? keep getting a 395000 error. apparently its going on with everyone.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3657613979

Same here.

siooma 9th December 2011 2:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoogwah (Post 13878816)
Same here.

Yer its been offline most the day.

So my initial thoughts are the game is a bit too simplistic. There is no class interaction in co-op at all. It's just max DPS all the time and get loot. Perhaps because the difficulty is too easy at the moment it is not as fun. Im hoping a proper sword/shield spec etc.. becomes viable in the full game when its harder.

I hope the boss mechanics get more complex as well.

dogthinker 9th December 2011 11:46 PM

I enjoyed it, but I'm unconvinced they made the right decision to remove all choice from the levelling process. You don't choose where your attribute points go, you don't invest in skill trees...

The only customisation on your characters is loot and your skill load-out (both of which you can change at any time.)

This left me with a severe lack of a sense of character progression. I can't work out where the replay value is going to be. For example, in D2 you could make several different types of mage (ice, fire, lightning, etc), several types of necromancer (minion summoner, poison mage,) etc. and with each there was a strong sense of progression as you built up their skills. In D3, it seems that you just level up once, and switch up your skills any time you feel like it. Every mage is good at every mage skill, automatically.

:confused:

It's a big step further from thoughtful RPGs and towards arcade blaster. I thought D2 had the balance right on that score.

quade00 10th December 2011 9:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogthinker (Post 13880830)
I enjoyed it, but I'm unconvinced they made the right decision to remove all choice from the levelling process. You don't choose where your attribute points go, you don't invest in skill trees...
ed:

Would definitely agree with this. It just puts way too much focus on just hack and slash and loot. Which is fun, but not so much of a challenge.

There is still going to be good replay across different characters, but even things like PVP are really going to depend on what skills you choose and what equipment you have.

Seems like they are making a huge push for their auction house with more focus on loot.

I must say though I normally hate crafting, but I do like the idea of the Nephalem cube and training artisans as a different mechanic to just selling loot continuously.

hosh0 11th December 2011 12:50 PM

I hate everyone with beta access. This just isn't fair :(

Suddo 11th December 2011 1:06 PM

wish i could give everyone a go on my account. if i didnt have anything else linked to it i would :(

Fresh79 11th December 2011 1:49 PM

hosh0 11th December 2011 2:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddo (Post 13884013)
wish i could give everyone a go on my account. if i didnt have anything else linked to it i would :(

Ah dang. Wonder if Blizz would notice if you were playing two games from two different locations at the same time?