View Single Post
Old 14th March 2006, 3:25 PM   #106
elvis Thread Starter
(Taking a Break)

Quote:
Originally Posted by othy
I've recently been playing 3S, and as a 'novice' when it comes to fighting games, I have found it to feel more natural then SFA3. Its strange how they have ditched all the standard street fighter characters.
3S is very different to the other SF games out there. But then again, the vs are different to the old schools which are different to the Alphas which is different to the SF3's.

I find 3S far more agressive than the other games. You are rewarded for good offensive play in 3S, especially with the parry system. I also find 3S more "technical" than the vs games which are more combo centric. The last game to be that "technical" in terms of game mechanics was either SF2:HF or SSF2:T.

I dunno... just rambling now. Each game has its pros and cons, and generally speaking everyone has their favourite based on their style of play. For me, I enjoy MvC the most, although I find I win more often at SF2:HF (undefeated in the last 3 years!). Whether that's because fewer people play HF in my area or because I'm actually better at it, I don't know yet. I have a strong feeling it's the former.
elvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!