Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > General Software

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 14th May 2010, 5:57 PM   #61
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Winamp has worked fine for me when added masses of files. I could imagine how it would be a bit iffy for some at times though.
abbott on the NBN: "We're not against using the internet, errr, for all these things, ah but do we really want to invest $50billion dollars of hard earned tax payers money on what is essentially a video entertainment system."
| Co2 is weightless apparently
MR CHILLED is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 19th May 2010, 3:17 AM   #62
schmoove

Quote:
Originally Posted by _the_duke_ View Post
Does Foobar tag songs correctly? I've re-tagged my collection, but when I drag and drop them onto my Sony Walkman, the majority aren't tagged and I need to browse my collection via folder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooblah View Post
Thats the reason i stopped using winamp and foobar, ~60Gig and got sick of track 1- album - artist, so i moved to itunes and tuneup pro, just drag and drop your collection of music into it and it finds all the data for it ^_^

as for 60,000 in 1 playlist, i would say winamp, I have had 120,000 and it handled it fine.
Most likely operator error (or maybe Sony being their typical knobhead selves)
Foobar will tag however you tell it to tag.
In the english speaking windoze world, the pc music enthusiasts weapon of choice is generally foobar2000.
There is a good reason for that - it's the best.
You tell it what to do; not the other way around.

(hint: the answer is not itunes lmao *^-^*)
Trades with: rage, dufflover, ummmz, kimnkk, jlien, Pianist, Boink, Tekin, orndorf, theFish, MAXKNOTT, i4560011, search, antstar, Ma Baker, Dinuc, stuii, Dollie, kr0k, Fettrix, WCE07, Beaistheman, Hardboiled, Opti ....... "Pacman is just a neo-Marxist parable of late capitalism"
"Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge on the subject is The Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkin's on theology"
schmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:17 PM   #63
Doc-of-FC

I've used VLC playlist with no problems.
Doc-of-FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 1:38 PM   #64
dmandn Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepspring View Post
Feature list is here:
http://www.winamp.com/help/Player_Features

You might not want those features, but the OP might.

It's nice having one program that does it all (mass tagging, plays video, rips music, catalogues my media for me, burns CD's for me to play in the car)....
I know I'm reopening an old thread, but with newer versions of winamp it seems to no longer have the issues I dealt with before. However I do have an issue with it not responding for a couple minutes when I open it (also sometimes with song changes). I will be running some hdd tests to rule them out first but it seems a bit wierd other apps are not having this issue. At present playlist is less than 25000 songs for hdd with others on died. (Don't worry I keep my important documents, etc and as much of other backed up. Only some low importance items like music, movies, etc gets missed if there's not enough space).
Old 2nd April 2012, 4:43 PM   #65
deepspring
(Taking a Break)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandn View Post
I know I'm reopening an old thread, but with newer versions of winamp it seems to no longer have the issues I dealt with before. However I do have an issue with it not responding for a couple minutes when I open it (also sometimes with song changes). I will be running some hdd tests to rule them out first but it seems a bit wierd other apps are not having this issue. At present playlist is less than 25000 songs for hdd with others on died. (Don't worry I keep my important documents, etc and as much of other backed up. Only some low importance items like music, movies, etc gets missed if there's not enough space).
I wish I could help you there, I have since swapped from PC to Mac, which means I now use iTunes to manage my music. The only alternative I can recommend is giving Songbird or Foobar2k a go.
deepspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 5:36 PM   #66
NiHiL

AIMP
NiHiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 5:46 PM   #67
krappo

Smile

Yup i use KMPlayer
Intel Core i5 2500K@4ghz : G.Skill Ripjaws Z F3-2400C10D-8GZH 2x4GB DDR3 : ASRock Z77 Extreme6 : OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD : 4 x Seagate Barracuda 4TB : Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X OC 2GB : Seasonic X-760 80Plus Gold : Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler : Samsung S27B550V 27in : CoolerMaster HAF X Case : Audioengine 5+ : Audioengine D1 Premium 24-Bit DAC : Gigabyte GHOST M8600 : SteelSeries QcK+ : Logitech G19 : Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW : Win8 X64 :
krappo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 5:48 PM   #68
yanman

Media monkey

At first I thought the interface looked a bit weird but soon I realised it was because it had so many features! This program seems to be able to do everything I could possibly think of with my music collection. Fcking awesome
yanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 2:15 PM   #69
gibbz

foobar 2000
gibbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 2:06 PM   #70
Smokin Whale

I use Winamp pro with classicpro and essential add-on pack. It does frustrate me sometimes with it's playlist support and wifi sync problems to Android, but it's good none the less, and still better than anything else i've played with. Haven't tried media monkey lately, but I think Winamp still has more features. Customisable crossfade support ftw
AMD K6-2 @ 568mhz, 768MB 66mhz SDRAM, Gigabyte GA-5AA Aladdin Socket 7, Nvidia TNT II PCI 16mb, 40GB of storage, Diamond Data IDE 40x CDROM, Beige Case with TURBO button, Razer Deathadder Mouse, Benq 24" 1920x1200 Widescreen, Wharfedale CS5 8" Bookshelfs + 1000w RMS custom built 15" sub, Windows 8.1 Professional Over 25k of good trades!
[SHAW Case & PSU Owners Club Member #1]
Smokin Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 7:44 PM   #71
yanman

I don't really think of MediaMonkey as a player tho, even tho it does it really well. The strength is in the library management. Never really explored the different play back features much but it has a lot of extensions available.
yanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 7:53 PM   #72
maddhatter

Foobar user here; manages my ~500 albums decently enough - sound quality to me is better than wmp too.
Old 7th April 2012, 8:18 PM   #73
Smokin Whale

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatter View Post
Foobar user here; manages my ~500 albums decently enough - sound quality to me is better than wmp too.
How can the SQ be any different? It's not like there are different ways to decode MP3..
AMD K6-2 @ 568mhz, 768MB 66mhz SDRAM, Gigabyte GA-5AA Aladdin Socket 7, Nvidia TNT II PCI 16mb, 40GB of storage, Diamond Data IDE 40x CDROM, Beige Case with TURBO button, Razer Deathadder Mouse, Benq 24" 1920x1200 Widescreen, Wharfedale CS5 8" Bookshelfs + 1000w RMS custom built 15" sub, Windows 8.1 Professional Over 25k of good trades!
[SHAW Case & PSU Owners Club Member #1]
Smokin Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 11:23 PM   #74
Audionut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Whale View Post
How can the SQ be any different? It's not like there are different ways to decode MP3..
You're assuming that the albums are mp3!

Unlike h.264 video which requires decoders to be bit-exact, mp3 does not, nor any other audio decoder to my knowledge.

Foobar can output to WASAPI, which bypasses the windows mixer, not sure what other players do this.
Audionut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 3:46 PM   #75
NiHiL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audionut View Post
Foobar can output to WASAPI, which bypasses the windows mixer, not sure what other players do this.
AIMP
NiHiL is offline   Reply With Quote