Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > PC Audio

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 26th April 2012, 8:29 PM   #31
crag_v

You could always try Windows Update for drivers (which in general isn't ideal, but maybe worth a shot). Right-click on the audio device and select 'Update Driver' and let it check Windows Update...

Other thing to do would be to right click on your audio hardware, select Uninstall, then disable your antivirus and reinstall the driver from your downloaded ASUS installer. Could be related to that maybe.

--
Before doing the above, have you tried plugging the speakers into another port on the soundcard? Again, it should then launch the auto-detect program and ask you what you've just plugged in. If that works, unplug them and plug them back into the speaker port again - possibly after a reboot.

Last edited by crag_v; 26th April 2012 at 8:31 PM.
crag_v is online now   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 26th April 2012, 8:36 PM   #32
luke o

From your picture the High Definition Digital audio is enabled and set as the default, this means windows is outputting sound via the SPDIF or Optical Output on your motherboard (probably the square plug you never use). No sound will come out of the analog plugs until that's fixed.

Click to view full size!

You want the normal speakers to be enabled as per my pic.
luke o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 8:44 PM   #33
Jashdown Thread Starter

Did all of them and still nothing :S This is so frustrating.

I read somewhere that you have to change a setting in Realtek Audio Manager, but I don't have that :S
Old 26th April 2012, 8:46 PM   #34
Jashdown Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke o View Post
From your picture the High Definition Digital audio is enabled and set as the default, this means windows is outputting sound via the SPDIF or Optical Output on your motherboard (probably the square plug you never use). No sound will come out of the analog plugs until that's fixed.

pix

You want the normal speakers to be enabled as per my pic.
I've tried, but it's not registering my speaker at all. It's just saying they aren't plugged in.
Old 26th April 2012, 9:07 PM   #35
Jashdown Thread Starter

So finally found the audio manager, hiding away in the files. I have sound, but it's not working properly still. The front right and left speakers work, but the centre one doesn't and the sub doesn't work when configuring them.

I selected the "disable front audio jacks" option, but then all of a sudden the front ports light up on the screen (the speakers are connected to the rear jacks), and when I disconnect the cables, it still doesn't recognise it. But whatever, it's working enough for now, thanks for the help everyone!
Old 26th April 2012, 10:09 PM   #36
lithos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jashdown View Post
So finally found the audio manager, hiding away in the files. I have sound, but it's not working properly still. The front right and left speakers work, but the centre one doesn't and the sub doesn't work when configuring them.
Try highlighting the Realtek device in the Playback tab and hitting configure, then setting it to however many speakers you have hooked up.

*sigh* This is why "streamlining" (ie, "dumbing down") shit can be bad. When it fucks up, you'll have no fucking idea why. Thanks, UAA!
lithos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 11:14 PM   #37
Jashdown Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithos View Post
Try highlighting the Realtek device in the Playback tab and hitting configure, then setting it to however many speakers you have hooked up.

*sigh* This is why "streamlining" (ie, "dumbing down") shit can be bad. When it fucks up, you'll have no fucking idea why. Thanks, UAA!
Gave it a go but no luck. I'll put up with the two speakers until I upgrade CPU, haha. Don't use them for much except music every now and then. Just wanted them to work so I could hook my headset up to it for games.
Old 27th April 2012, 1:23 AM   #38
lithos

Oh, and by the way:

Welcome to Win 7 and its new audio architecture...
lithos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 10:08 AM   #39
luke o

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ follow the link for
High Definition Audio Codecs (Software) and get the drivers for your operating system.
luke o is offline   Reply With Quote