Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Business & Enterprise Computing

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 20th April 2012, 4:48 PM   #1
Sinical Thread Starter

Default Issues with Canon Printer Drivers in Cluster Environment

Hi All,

Since the new Cluster environment (4 x Terminal Servers) which is running in Hyper-V we have been having no problems with our big copiers.

But since the new Canon copiers have been installed.

We been have problems with the cluster failing on us and crashing. As in everything just freezes and I would have to turn off the VMs and turn them back on again.

Checking event logs it shows the following errors.

CanonPrinterDriver3 Event ID 1

Each entry below is always different each time sometimes they will be the same but most of the time it will be one of the following below.

Entry Function: DrvPrinterEvent, Base Address: 000000005DD80000, Exception Address: 000000005DEFE6C3, Exception Code: INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO
Entry Function: DrvDocumentEvent, Base Address: 00000000678E0000, Exception Address: 0000000067B5315E, Exception Code: INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO
Entry Function: DrvDocumentPropertySheets, Base Address: 000000005DD80000, Exception Address: 000000005DEFE6C3, Exception Code: INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO
Entry Function: DrvDocumentPropertySheets, Base Address: 00000000678E0000, Exception Address: 0000000067B5315E, Exception Code: INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO

So it seems after some more testing that the print jobs are printed and some of them stay in the print queue and takes up a lot of memory instead of releasing the print job it stays in memory until a point where there is no resources left so it crashes the Terminal Servers (in the cluster).

It happens at random times too. No persistent pattern that I can see so far. I've had to create a script that allows the printer spooler to restart at certain times during after hours to clear any print jobs that haven't been released by the spooler.

Things I've tried so far.

Replaced printer drivers on DC which is used for the Printer Server.

Have tried PCL6, PCL5, PCL5e, UFR from Canon (printer model is Image Runner C5035)

Have just tried to install it locally on each Terminal Server just before and it just crashed straight away. So not sure what else to do here.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what it could be causing this or if there is a way to stop this from happening?

We just got them and its under a maintenance contract with CSG Print Services.

We had Xerox Copiers before and had no issues at all.

Anything else in that's in the Environment that is not in the Cluster e.g. DC, DC2 and another Terminal Server are fine.

Sharkoon T9 Green | ASUS P9X79 | i7 3820 @ Stock | HIS HD 7850 1GB | 32GB DDR3 G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600Mhz | SanDisk Extreme SSD 240GB x2 Raid 0 | Antec TruePower 720W | Corsair H80
Sinical is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 20th April 2012, 8:17 PM   #2
b00n

just deployed 10 devices with uniflow and had to install UFR driver on print server and let it find the device then add PS drivers instead of manually creating ports and choosing my PS driver
Old 20th April 2012, 10:30 PM   #3
therazza

Would be worth trialling this, though I haven't used in over a year..

http://www.thinprint.com/Products/Ov...RDPEngine.aspx

Your benefits

Install ThinPrint RDP Engine in a flash with just a few clicks
Perfect the print management in your Microsoft Remote Desktop Services environment – also when accessing with Remote Web Workplace
Users always access the right printer, even from their home workstation
Extensive hardware support makes your staff even more flexible
DRIVER FREE PRINTING avoids the administration of native printer drivers on the server
therazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 11:05 PM   #4
Herballizard

That looks interesting. ^^^^

We had something kind of similar with a recent deployment we we found the image runners to be really chatty on the network. Broadcast ahoy

Updated the firmware in the unit and it went away
Herballizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 8:25 AM   #5
Sinical Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herballizard View Post
That looks interesting. ^^^^

We had something kind of similar with a recent deployment we we found the image runners to be really chatty on the network. Broadcast ahoy

Updated the firmware in the unit and it went away
Update the firmware hey? I'll get in touch with CSG and see if there is a firmware update.

Thanks again Herballizard!

Sharkoon T9 Green | ASUS P9X79 | i7 3820 @ Stock | HIS HD 7850 1GB | 32GB DDR3 G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600Mhz | SanDisk Extreme SSD 240GB x2 Raid 0 | Antec TruePower 720W | Corsair H80
Old 23rd April 2012, 8:19 PM   #6
Gunna

Thin print is very expensive.

Possible to map the printer locally on the workstation and have it redirect to see if that resolves the issue.

Connect local office via VPN an install printer locally to server

Use older drivers

CSG said to user UFR drivers as the Pcl require a license file on the printer for PCL and PS for our client running a c5035. Try removing all evidence of the drivers and reinstall

Create a separate local print server for each site??

Last edited by Gunna; 23rd April 2012 at 8:26 PM.
Gunna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 8:42 PM   #7
Gecko

Definitely look at firmware updates - we had no end of problems with a couple of Canons we installed, invoked support, they had a guy come out and install new firmware (I suspect it was beta from the way the on-site tech was talking to me, I didn't care as long as it worked!) and everything was good.
Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 11:14 PM   #8
Matt_NZ

Have you tried Canon's generic print driver? We used this with for our old Citrix servers after having a number of issues (such as "please reload driver" errors). Can be found here, http://support-nz.canon.co.nz/conten...100267402.html

ASUS P6T SE ~ Intel i7 930 ~ Gigabyte 9800GTS ~ 6gb DDR3 RAM ~ 500gb SATA Seagate HDD ~ LiteScribe ASUS DVD-RW ~ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Currently addicted to: Star Wars Galaxies (Obraik on Chilastra)
Matt_NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:42 AM   #9
Sinical Thread Starter

Yeah updated firmware and still getting these errors..

So far the cluster / Terminal Servers haven't crashed yet. But I will try and remove all drivers of all servers and start from scratch again.

Something is wrong here..

Using the latest drivers too Canon 20.70 x64bit

Already tried the generic ones too. But will try them again. At some point this will be resolved.

Looks like even the smaller Canon iR1024IF are giving these errors too.

Old 3rd May 2012, 1:54 AM   #10
chewbucca

Have you asked Canon?
Old 3rd May 2012, 9:47 AM   #11
Sinical Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbucca View Post
Have you asked Canon?
Canon says to talk to CSG. Which I'm doing but wondering what else could be causing this.