Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Retro & Arcade

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 8th March 2012, 7:36 PM   #256
BlueRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ck32 View Post
That is pure awesome. The guy is a certified Bondo Master.

Great thread this. First person to post an original Sega Master System + Light Phaser will win my instant respect and admiration. And jealousy... my folks gave my Sega away to charity after I left home, a fact I didn't discover for several years. Had a pretty nice game collection for it too...

After all these years I still call it a "See-ga" in my head, although I know it's supposed to be "Say-ga". Old habits and all that...

Last edited by BlueRaven; 8th March 2012 at 7:38 PM.
BlueRaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 29th April 2012, 3:50 PM   #257
kazimatiz

Was going through a box of books today and rediscovered some nostalgic goodness I've managed to hang onto for a long time.

Dos 6.22, Windows 3.11 and 95 manuals, SB16 manual, Manual for my old PC Chips 486 board which I still have.

Manuals for ACES collectors edition, Iron Helix, Syndicate, SimCity 2000, Wing Commander II. Besides ACES, all of them came bundled with a SB16.

Apple product guide (November 2000), Windows 95 + ME boxes, OS8 installation manual, Win 3.11/Win 95/Dos 6.22 certificates of authenticity. Picked up the Apple product guide from an Apple store back in the day.

Last edited by kazimatiz; 29th April 2012 at 4:07 PM.
kazimatiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 8:21 AM   #258
Matboy

I'll try to remember to grab some pics through the week.
Collection includes (i may forget something ;/)

Atari 2600 x 2 (one vader, one woody)

nes
snes
n64
gamecube
wii
gameboy
gameboy colour
gameboy advanced
gb advanced sp
ds
3ds

master system 2
megadrive
saturn
dreamcast

ps1
ps2
ps3
psp

xbox360
Matboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 6:34 PM   #259
JustRight

Default IBM Adventure! Circa 1982

How about this one?

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Old 2nd May 2012, 11:22 PM   #260
mike-s

It's Alive!!!!

All i did was get a new PSU & replace the hard drive, the latter is an adventure in itself.

I have wanted to buy one of these laptops since i saw this very same model new in store in 2000 for about $2500, so I am very happy right about now.
Sony Vaio Club Member #21

Last edited by mike-s; 2nd May 2012 at 11:34 PM.
mike-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 2:18 PM   #261
C-BuZz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRight View Post
How about this one?
After reading through the booklet, it sounds more exciting that 90% of the games on the market today
C-BuZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 6:06 PM   #262
SchRAMBO

In the last few days I have done some hunting around in Akihabara here in Tokyo. And have managed to score myself.

1x Super Famicom systems in original packaging along with its, cables, 2x controllers each (bought two, one is for a friend)
- Super Mario World
- Contra III
- Super Mario Kart
- Crono Trigger (2x)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles in Time (2x)
- Mortal Kombat
- Super Street Fighter 2
- Legend of Zelda, Link to the past.

1x Sega DreamCast (original box and packaging)
- Soul Calibur (just now need to buy the latest sol cal 5 and I will have them ALLL

I Would love to find House of the Dead with the guns but no luck so far but i'm kinda out of money now after spending a month here along with buying many many other toys including a new Japan made Fender Telecaster I was always a Nintendo boi and didn't like much of the Sega stuff. But the Dreamcast blew me away and it was way way way ahead of its time. Such a shame it failed hard in the commercial sense.

Back home my brother is looking after the PAL SNES / N64 / Gameboys and all the games and accessories as kids. I need to get on to his back about making sure they are stored correctly and looked after. I've lost my Gamecube but I still have all my games / pads / etc and the Wii.

The old boy has our 1988 Space Invaders cocktail machine. he doesn't seem to care for it and its sitting in the shed. needs a lot of work which i have told him to NEVER get rid of it and one day i'll have room for it myself which i'll restore.

Kinda kicking myself that i have gotten rid of all my retro PC gaming stuff. Still got most of the games but yeah all the packaging and manuals have been diced I think. I knew the consoles were going to be worthy of looking after but with the PC side of things I always thought that they would always be backwards compatible. How wrong was I. And I Wish I knew what happened to the family's PC-XT and I remember as a kid we had an Atari something with Pong.
Linux Registered user #355379 - Click here to install Debian GNU/Linux
Gaming; >> PSN tehowl || Steam schrambo

Last edited by SchRAMBO; 19th October 2012 at 6:10 PM.
SchRAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 11:47 PM   #263
Chundermuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchRAMBO View Post
In the last few days I have done some hunting around in Akihabara here in Tokyo. And have managed to score myself.
May I ask what sort of coin you parted with to get that gear you listed? I was in Akihabara for half a day back in June but I don't think I spent enough time there.
OCAU // Drummer Club #5
Successful trades: Over 100
Chundermuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 12:38 PM   #264
xsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchRAMBO View Post

1x Super Famicom systems in original packaging along with its, cables, 2x controllers each (bought two, one is for a friend)
- Super Mario World
- Contra III
- Super Mario Kart
- Crono Trigger (2x)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles in Time (2x)
- Mortal Kombat
- Super Street Fighter 2
- Legend of Zelda, Link to the past.
Damn. Nice haul. Can I convince you to part with one of those copies of Turtles in Time?
xsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 10:25 PM   #265
SchRAMBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chundermuffin View Post
May I ask what sort of coin you parted with to get that gear you listed? I was in Akihabara for half a day back in June but I don't think I spent enough time there.
ummm. Not really sure. I'm going to have to sit down and work it all out. After the post I had purchased a whole lot more stuff and yeah I kinda lost track of how much I was spending. I'm fairly careless when it comes to money and 'budgets'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsive View Post
Damn. Nice haul. Can I convince you to part with one of those copies of Turtles in Time?
Maybe we can come to some sort of trade / deal

Got back the other day and managed to trade a cheapo Yamaha AV reciever for a near new condition 51cm Sony Trinition flatscreen CRT. Totally stoked on the trade as looking on gumtree it was very difficult to even find a decent CRT TV / monitor of any size that wasn't a complete POS.
Linux Registered user #355379 - Click here to install Debian GNU/Linux
Gaming; >> PSN tehowl || Steam schrambo

Last edited by SchRAMBO; 29th October 2012 at 10:34 PM.
SchRAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 5:14 PM   #266
Alby1976

Just picked this up today.

Fat PS2, 2 controllers, cables and 18 games for $50.
Still kicking myself that I didn't buy a fat ps2 from noosa when i was at tafe for $5, when i went back, it was gone.

Click to view full size!
Old 10th December 2012, 10:58 PM   #267
destructioner

I still have a yoshi console bundle boxed snes. Any idea how I can find out what it's worth?
destructioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 4:19 AM   #268
mike-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutKing View Post
also picked up this from bobthebrave, a Phoenix A1000 upgrade board - apparently very rare, less than 1000 were ever made by a company here in Australia:

The interesting this is that it has the full text of the Desiderata silkscreened on the PCB

It has a number of features over the standard A1000 such as - kickstart in ROM with built-in switcher between 4 different ROMs; onboard SCSI; up to 2MB of RAM directly on motherboard up from the A1000's 256KB; onboard FPU socket and A2000 CPU upgrade slot.

Unfortunately its missing a heap of chips, most of which are proprietary PAL or GAL chips. I managed to track down the original designer in Adelaide and called him up, he's not really in the business any more but pointed me to a German website, a1k.org who commissioned a whole new batch of the boards a few years ago. A kind fellow there managed to dump the chips and has sent me the files, so now I just gotta track down someone who can burn them for me and we're in business
So how's that working for you?
Sony Vaio Club Member #21
mike-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 7:15 AM   #269
DonutKing

The phoenix board , was working great.
I managed to locate the codes for the missing GAL chips on the internet, bought some blank chips and a programmer and managed to restore most of the boards functionality.

I had the kickstart selector, 2MB Chipram, zorro slot and FPU working.
Unfortunately I could never get SCSI working, board wouldn't power up when the controller chip was installed.

The A1000's I tried to retrobright and it over-bleached them, and left with white specks/streaks all over them. I was planning to try to vinyl dye them or paint them but never got around to it.

I had some life changes so had to part with a lot of my old computer stuff. Sold the phoenix board to an american bloke and three A1000's on ebay to a bloke in WA for $30 plus shipping. The buyer made me jump through a few hoops which has turned me off ebay for selling stuff like this, I just wanted to be rid of it.

I've still got the A1200, A500, 1084S-D2 monitor plus various other bits and bobs... mice, power supply, disks, joysticks, and so on.
I tried to sell these locally but no bites so was thinking of putting on OCAU.

I do like to pull them out from time to time and fiddle with them but at the moment they'repacked up in a box taking up space.
DonutKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 4:18 PM   #270
breech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutKing View Post
I've still got the A1200, A500, 1084S-D2 monitor plus various other bits and bobs...
Throw it on the for sale forum, at least you know that the sale is on your terms on OCAU. Im interested in your a1200 and maybe some other bits.
breech is offline   Reply With Quote