OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 4th May 2012, 1:36 PM   #2146
k1ll3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulblade64 View Post
Your CPU will be the biggest problem, this game is very CPU heavy, you can run it but you will have to turn most of the eye-candy off.
Well since I have overclocked a little http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...php?p=14339888
I might see how this game goes in the near future. Only wanting to run it at 1680x1050

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 4th May 2012, 4:05 PM   #2147
boron boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreegor View Post
Check out the game manual
Taking your advice. Here's a vital tidbit I either missed or forgot:

Quote:
Note! The amount of damage you deal depends on your vigor pool. When it is full, Geralt will deal maximum damage. Each point used means Geralt will deal proportionally less damage.
It didn't have any info about viewing the combat log in long form after it disappears though. It vanishes so quickly and you can't afford to look at it while the fight is going.
boron boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 10:13 AM   #2148
boron boy

I can't believe it took me so long to find the "store items" stash chest in flotsam. Had to ditch a lot of good crafting items, if only I had known about it sooner.

Now I have moved on from Flotsam to the next part of the game and left good stuff behind in that chest... can I go back to visit flotsam at some point? I also had a few loose ends and quests there.
Old 7th May 2012, 10:19 AM   #2149
soulblade64

Quote:
Originally Posted by boron boy View Post
I can't believe it took me so long to find the "store items" stash chest in flotsam. Had to ditch a lot of good crafting items, if only I had known about it sooner.

Now I have moved on from Flotsam to the next part of the game and left good stuff behind in that chest... can I go back to visit flotsam at some point? I also had a few loose ends and quests there.
I thought the item store carried over from chapter to chapter.

I also just installed a mod to remove the weight limit on crafting items.
OCAU MetaL Club Member #203 xbox live gamertag: soulblade64
Trades- More than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo54 View Post
I would. But I would eat the other people before I ran out of supplies, therefore quadrupling my food supply, and allowing me to live for ever, as cannibal king of mars.
soulblade64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 10:22 AM   #2150
steffan72

Quote:

Where in Flotsam is it.as i have only just started the game again
Projector:Epson TW5200 on 130" screen. HTPC: E8400 . Samsung Blu-ray. Visual processor: Darbee Darblet . AVR: Denon 3313. Poweramp: Emotiva XPA5 (200W*5). Mains: Adelaide speakers AMBASSADOR 46SRTL. Centre: Adelaide speakers AMBASSADOR 263 . Front Wides: Definitive Technology BP-7004 . Surrounds: Acusound Pacific floorstanders.
steffan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 10:27 AM   #2151
boron boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffan72 View Post
Where in Flotsam is it.as i have only just started the game again
Spoiler below, highlight to read:
It downstairs in the inn, the fist fighting room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulblade64
I thought the item store carried over from chapter to chapter.
Oh cool, but can I still go back to flotsam at some point? I'm playing in dark mode and I didn't buy the blasphemer diagrams from the dwarven smith there.

Edit: Never mind, just googled it (well duckduckgoed it), apparently Spoiler below, highlight to read:
once you leave flotsam you can't go back

Last edited by boron boy; 7th May 2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 8th May 2012, 9:20 AM   #2152
Bertross

Quote:

hehehe i stumbled across it 2 days ago myself.
Old 9th May 2012, 8:35 AM   #2153
Raolin

Yep, those storage chests sure come in handy for stockpiling crafting components. There's one in each chapter - usually at an inn or some such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raolin View Post
Come across a weird issue now though. I'm still on Dark Mode, but my diagrams for the Dark Mode items have vanished. I still have the boots equiped, but the diagrams for the rest of the set (some I'd bought and not crafted yet) are just gone
Ok, turns out a mod was overwriting the list of schematics. Got rid of that quick smart - annoyed now that I had to re-buy those diagrams. So expensive in Chapter 1 - especially with all the leather & oil you need to buy to make them.

Did manage to complete the set eventually - how annoying is the visual effect when you pull one of the swords though? If it's at night you may as well be fighting totally blind.
Old 9th May 2012, 10:54 AM   #2154
boron boy

There's a mod to remove it.
Old 9th May 2012, 11:39 AM   #2155
steelbom

Quote:

You can access your stuff via other chests in the games. I don't remember on Roche's path, but on Iorveth's there's a chest in your room in Vergen, and you can access it via the Innkeeper as well.
steelbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 12:26 PM   #2156
Raolin

Quote:
There's a mod to remove it.
Yeah, I had a look at that, but it also removes the combat modifiers the swords give you. Will probably try it out and see how it goes - in daylight the effect isn't such a bother.
Old 12th May 2012, 2:38 PM   #2157
soulblade64

Finished my second playthrough... that was a vastly different ending than I saw last time.

In some respects, this game is too freaking long... I want to see all potential 16 endings (based on the major decisions required during the game, more info here*Contains Spoilers*)... My next playthrough I might have to take careful note during my choices and create a save game just before each major choice so I can see them all without having to play from the start.
Quote:
I would. But I would eat the other people before I ran out of supplies, therefore quadrupling my food supply, and allowing me to live for ever, as cannibal king of mars.
Old 12th May 2012, 3:19 PM   #2158
Philll Thread Starter

You could always Youtube them, it'll save 16 play throughs :/
Old 12th May 2012, 3:55 PM   #2159
soulblade64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philll View Post
You could always Youtube them, it'll save 16 play throughs :/
Ideally I'd love to work out how to play the .usm files in the install directory.

I tried looking for the endings on youtube but I don't think they're all there, and for the most part it just seems to show the final showdown which is identical in all playthroughs, it's the video's before the credits roll that I want to see.

Also, does the scene after the credits change? I swear in one of the trailers for the enhanced edition it looked like Geralt in that scene.
Quote:
Old 29th May 2012, 12:12 PM   #2160
kreegor

This is pretty cool.

kreegor is offline   Reply With Quote