Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Overclocking & Hardware

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 3rd May 2012, 10:11 PM   #5146
Huggy_Bear64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontl1ne View Post
I'm so close to buying a Topre... Anyone know if this kb uses the newer (though they may be considered old to people who keep up to date with these things) silent switches from Topre?

Also anyone moved from Blackwidow to the capacitive kb's before? They seem to be on fairly opposite ends of the spectrum, I had a short playaround with my friend's HHKB but couldn't come to a decision about whether I liked them or not.
going from anything to topre: Fucking bliss.
*melts*

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:14 PM   #5147
cleeoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontl1ne View Post
I'm so close to buying a Topre... Anyone know if this kb uses the newer (though they may be considered old to people who keep up to date with these things) silent switches from Topre?

Also anyone moved from Blackwidow to the capacitive kb's before? They seem to be on fairly opposite ends of the spectrum, I had a short playaround with my friend's HHKB but couldn't come to a decision about whether I liked them or not.
What type of switches did your Blackwidow have? I know some of them are blue, but I think there is a version that is black? Not sure about that, but I had a MX Cherry blue keyboard before I got my Topre. At first I found it very strange, and kind took a lot longer to adapt than I thought it would, but I think I much prefer it now.

At the end of the day though, all of this is personal preference. You really have to try for yourself. The thing is though, if you don't like it, I'm sure you will be able to sell it on for not too much of a loss.

Edit: spelling error...
cleeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:16 PM   #5148
Huggy_Bear64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeoo View Post
What type of switches did your Blackwidow have? I know some of them are blue, but I think there is a version that is black? Not sure about that, but I had a MX Cherry blue keyboard before I got my Topre. At first I found it very strange, and kind took a lot longer to adapt than I thought it would, but I think I much prefer it now.

At the end of the day though, all of this is personal preference. You really have to try for yourself. The thing is though, if you don't like it, I'm sure you will be able to sell it on for not too much of a loss.

Edit: spelling error...
Most are blue, some a brown.
Topres are what Browns wish they were.
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:23 PM   #5149
jtir

Is there anywhere in Australia where you purchase the following?

Otherwise do we do a group buy or something?
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:23 PM   #5150
ReKleSS

Been using my new HHKB for a few hours. Initially the space bar was feeling a bit too sharp, so I used the same fix as Filcos - flipped it around. Looks weird, but very comfortable.

I'm absolutely loving the key feel. Been playing typeracer again just so I have something to type. Unfortunately it's making my Thinkpad keyboards feel a bit mushy.

I've still got my eye on that yellow Majestouch at APCM for some reason.
ReKleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:27 PM   #5151
cleeoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReKleSS View Post
Been using my new HHKB for a few hours. Initially the space bar was feeling a bit too sharp, so I used the same fix as Filcos - flipped it around. Looks weird, but very comfortable.

I'm absolutely loving the key feel. Been playing typeracer again just so I have something to type. Unfortunately it's making my Thinkpad keyboards feel a bit mushy.

Good to hear you're enjoying the HHKB! I think the timing that that came out in the FS section was terrible for me... If it had come out a couple of weeks earlier, or maybe a month or two later, I would've jumped at it straight away... I'm sure I'll get one eventually, maybe later in the year...

Just use your HHKB on the thinkpads as well? :P
cleeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 8:20 AM   #5152
dickenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchuujin-san View Post
Oh COW doesn't count posts in the for sale section. Possible that this is your first post outside there?
It is indeed. Thanks for explaining Uchuujin.
dickenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 9:57 AM   #5153
ReKleSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeoo View Post
Just use your HHKB on the thinkpads as well? :P
Kind of defeats the purpose of having a thin, light laptop. Also, I have a pair of Thinkpad USB keyboards which are awesome for the trackpoint but are now probably not going to see much use.

Anyway, using a regular layout now, it's not tripping me up too badly. Things might be more interesting after a weekend of using the HHKB. It would be pretty cool to have a white blank HHKB and a grey blank HHKB....
ReKleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 10:15 AM   #5154
strafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtir View Post
Is there anywhere in Australia where you purchase the following?

Otherwise do we do a group buy or something?
Postage is pretty cheap from WASD. I ordered a dozen or so keys last week and postage came to $4.56.. I personally have the EK firm pads and they are great
The Stormtrooper - Corsair 600T White, Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3, 2500K, Corsair H100, 8GB Vengeance, Nvidia GTX 650 Ti, CM Realpower M620, CM Storm Cherry Black, Deathadder Black. Netbook - Dell Mini 9, 4GB, V470 Mouse.
strafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2012, 3:29 PM   #5155
neurotech

Typing this on my brand new FC500R with browns! Feels amazing - I can't go back to anything else now.
neurotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 2:09 PM   #5156
kazen
(Banned or Deleted)

i really feel that everyone should get onboard with this group buy.

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?3...ycap-Group-Buy
kazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 3:09 PM   #5157
oriphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReKleSS View Post

Man i miss that board already, knew i should not have sold it lol
Old 7th May 2012, 4:11 PM   #5158
mehkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazen View Post
i really feel that everyone should get onboard with this group buy.

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?3...ycap-Group-Buy
I have had my eye on that one and you just convinced me, definitely one of the best set of novelty keys in a while
mehkat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 8:44 AM   #5159
Deanemau5

I'm looking for a smaller MKB, main requirements are it needs to be backlit, wired and a reasonable size as I don't have a huge area on my desk. I'm thinking around 45cm would be perfect. It's mainly for Diablo (I realise it's not a keyboard intensive game) but I will also use it for a bit of Quake.

Any suggestions?
Deanemau5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 8:47 AM   #5160
Bertross

ok geekhack they have a keyboard called the race. its a little bigger then the poker but its backlit.

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?3...-Deadline-5-10

Im pretty sure one is White LED.