Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Overclocking & Hardware

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 26th April 2012, 4:24 PM   #31
fuller2002 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_vr_limited View Post
Ya how much were they? Let us know how it turns out. The more I type on this the better it feels. I would be worried about the orings making the keys "mushier" as they call it.
Just got back from the post office, typing on it now. The custom LED's look awesome, the brightness on them is really nice too. The rise pad is a nice bonus i really like resting my risks on it

ATM i find it a bit loud (first mechanical keyboard) but I'm still learning to type without bottoming out all the time but the space bar makes a lot of noise that annoys me i guess my thumb hits it hard and it makes a different sound than the other keys so will be interested to see how much quieter the o-rings make it.
Trades with:petal666, Mark_Webber, Kasper_lee, renegade_gold, Keef, doghouse, kevo, MoeBro, vivibeatz, smiddi, neogeo, nxsr20, Fortigurn, vrm, myeewyee, ~Spyne~, junga83, petesh00, Souljah, theartfuldodger
fuller2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 27th April 2012, 10:26 AM   #32
Acesi7

I'm also very interested in this keyboard...

Would love to hear how these rubber o-rings work out.

Also, can you upload a video by chance showing how loud it is?
Long shot I know, but also my first Mechanical Keyboard, so want to do my research first.
Acesi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 2:25 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesi7 View Post
I'm also very interested in this keyboard...

Would love to hear how these rubber o-rings work out.

Also, can you upload a video by chance showing how loud it is?
Long shot I know, but also my first Mechanical Keyboard, so want to do my research first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_srjKys2UE

Thats a video review which shows how loud they are, they will be as loud as any other mechanical keyboard with the same switches.

So for the X8 it will be as loud as anyother keyboard with brown switches and the X9 as the Reds.
Trades with:petal666, Mark_Webber, Kasper_lee, renegade_gold, Keef, doghouse, kevo, MoeBro, vivibeatz, smiddi, neogeo, nxsr20, Fortigurn, vrm, myeewyee, ~Spyne~, junga83, petesh00, Souljah, theartfuldodger
Old 7th May 2012, 12:32 PM   #34
Acesi7

My Full custom X8 has just arrived.

Can't wait to give it a go, but will have to wait until tonight.

Will post up some picture and impressions.

I also ordered some 40a rubber O-rings from WASD, but those will be another 2-3 weeks away, but I'll post up some impressions with and without them.

I must say that the guys over at Max Keyboard were magnificent to deal with, they answered every email, allowed me to change my mind on colours and keys numerous times during the process and delivered the keyboard in 3 working days! (Note: Delivery was $51) Overall I spent just shy of $AUD200, but the level of custom service has certainly made every cent seem worth it. Now I just hope the keyboard itself matches the service
Old 7th May 2012, 1:05 PM   #35
mark_vr_limited

Quote:

I also ordered some 40a rubber O-rings from WASD, but those will be another 2-3 weeks away, but I'll post up some impressions with and without them.

I must say that the guys over at Max Keyboard were magnificent to deal with, they answered every email, allowed me to change my mind on colours and keys numerous times during the process and delivered the keyboard in 3 working days! (Note: Delivery was $51) Overall I spent just shy of $AUD200, but the level of custom service has certainly made every cent seem worth it. Now I just hope the keyboard itself matches the service
The keyboard itself is very nice IMO. Ive been using it for 2 weeks or so and it ticks all the boxes.

I am however thinking I may like blue switches more than the browns. I kind of wish I had that clicky sound...
Main PC: 2500K@4.6ghz w/212+ | GB-Z68X-UD4 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 | Agility 3 120GB | GB- GTX 670 OC | Revo85+ 1020W | AS 27" IPS + Samsung 245B | Razer Deathadder w/ Goliuthus | Nighthawk X8 custom | Audioengine 2 | TJ07 custom white
WTB: Coolink 92mm fan, 5.25 drive bay mesh
mark_vr_limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 7:04 PM   #36

Quote:
The keyboard itself is very nice IMO. Ive been using it for 2 weeks or so and it ticks all the boxes.

I am however thinking I may like blue switches more than the browns. I kind of wish I had that clicky sound...
Nice one guys, mine has been going strong and I love it, the LEDs are super bright and the keyboard feels great, I also ordered the 40a rubber o rings from wasd as well as a key puller it came within a week so you might not be waiting 3 after all! Much quieter with the o ring mod but if your not bottoming out then the noise is the same, just good for me while I got used to using a mechanical keyboard for the first time to have them as the noise could bother some I guess, plus it adds a nice cushioning feeling when you bottom out, I enjoy it for gaming as it feels easier on the fingers
Old 7th May 2012, 7:13 PM   #37
Huggy_Bear64

Quote:

I just spent $200 on a topre.
I guess I win
Old 7th May 2012, 7:40 PM   #38
Anomalous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggy_Bear64 View Post
I just spent $200 on a topre.
I guess I win
I think we all lose for spending $200 on a keyboard.
Anomalous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 7:49 PM   #39
Huggy_Bear64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomalous View Post
I think we all lose for spending $200 on a keyboard.
I hate so say it but... yes
Old 8th May 2012, 6:44 PM   #40

Good news everybody!

I WON one of these keyboards from Custom PC Review, (where we got the discount codes from) so massive thanks to Sam over there and obviously maxkeyboard for putting the comp on.

Might try the X9 see what the red switches are like.. oooo apparently i get 11 customisations also! nice

Last edited by fuller2002; 8th May 2012 at 7:00 PM.
Old 8th May 2012, 7:07 PM   #41
mark_vr_limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuller2002 View Post
Good news everybody!

I WON one of these keyboards from Custom PC Review, (where we got the discount codes from) so massive thanks to Sam over there and obviously maxkeyboard for putting the comp on.

Might try the X9 see what the red switches are like.. oooo apparently i get 11 customisations also! nice
haha nice one mate. Congrats. I didnt bother with the comp cos I thought it was US only lol. Guess not...
Main PC: 2500K@4.6ghz w/212+ | GB-Z68X-UD4 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 | Agility 3 120GB | GB- GTX 670 OC | Revo85+ 1020W | AS 27" IPS + Samsung 245B | Razer Deathadder w/ Goliuthus | Nighthawk X8 custom | Audioengine 2 | TJ07 custom white
WTB: Coolink 92mm fan, 5.25 drive bay mesh
mark_vr_limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 7:10 PM   #42

Quote:
haha nice one mate. Congrats. I didnt bother with the comp cos I thought it was US only lol. Guess not...
Thanks! Just have to pay postage thats all which inst toooo bad, especially considering how much a custom board is worth
Old 9th May 2012, 12:50 PM   #43
Acesi7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuller2002 View Post
Thanks! Just have to pay postage thats all which inst toooo bad, especially considering how much a custom board is worth
Congratulations Fuller! That's awesome news. Which ever you choose to keep, you should sell the other here on OCAU, see if you can't spread the Max Keyboard name around a bit.

Loving mine so far, but only really had maybe an hour to use it so for. Been way to busy... Always the way when I have a new toy
Old 9th May 2012, 3:04 PM   #44

Quote:
Congratulations Fuller! That's awesome news. Which ever you choose to keep, you should sell the other here on OCAU, see if you can't spread the Max Keyboard name around a bit.

Loving mine so far, but only really had maybe an hour to use it so for. Been way to busy... Always the way when I have a new toy
Thanks mate! Thats probably what ill do
Old 22nd August 2012, 6:24 PM   #45
DarkForceMage

Nighthawk X8 arrived today, I've been waiting awhile for a keyboard with these exact features; mechanical+cherry brown+LED backlighting and no extra macro keys aswell as a GREAT price. This is the second mechanical I've owned since selling my crazy noisy Blackwidow after 2 weeks of complaints from the gf, and for $149 from pccg it's alot better than I expected, they even included a keycap remover and a few extra keys, my only complaint although it feels really solid to type on would be the keycaps seem to be made of a thinner plastic compared to the blackwidow and it feels most noticable when bottoming out so I'm gonna have to order some o-rings to try and report back, but apart from that one little thing it's pretty amazing, easily the best keyboard I've ever owned all things considered. The build quality is great.(so far) lol.

Pros;
Individually backlid LED's for even lighting including the spacebar
4 levels of brightness aswell as pulsing mode
Fn+F1-F6 media controls
Gaming mode
Only uses one USB connector to power the keyboard & two USB ports on the keyboard itself.
Keys feel solid with no wobbling inc. spacebar.
VERY comfortable wristrest.
Cons;
No RGB lighting
Keys feel thin?

Pics(forgive my poor camera work) :P

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!
i7 2600k@4.5ghz Custom WC | Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce X3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 4x4gb@1866mhz | Intel 330 180gb Raid 1 OS + 2x2TB HDD Raid 1 | ASRock z68 Extreme4 Gen3 | Xfi Fatal1ty Pro | NZXT Switch 810 | Corsair AX-750W | Samsung S27A950 | Corsair SP2500 + Tiamat 7.1 | Steelseries D3 Mouse & Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8

Last edited by DarkForceMage; 22nd August 2012 at 6:31 PM.
DarkForceMage is offline   Reply With Quote