Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Audio Visual

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 6th May 2012, 8:14 PM   #1
Manou12 Thread Starter

Default EPSON EH-TW4500

Hey guys and gals .. first post her
looking at buying a new projector

hn have offered the tw4500 epson for 1481.00 with a spare lamp .. was looking at the tw6000 which was going to set me back 1920 ..
leaning towards the 4500 ... for the price .. opnions?

not interested in 3d at all... room will be dark when needed ..
both come with 2 year warranty ...
i am getting a 3 year replacement product care for 150 ... any issue with the projector it gets replaced

any recomendations on hdmi cables because ill be needing least 15 m

Last edited by Manou12; 6th May 2012 at 8:37 PM.
Manou12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 7th May 2012, 6:54 PM   #2
Manou12 Thread Starter

any one have an input?
Old 7th May 2012, 11:50 PM   #3
Segression

Most epson PJs are great, try it out in the store if you can, they must have one setup. Where are you located? some places around might have one set up.

Seems like a good deal all up, try find some reviews, i couldnt find reviews on it.

Im using a 15m hdmi cable off ebay. cost me about $14 or so on ebay. works great with my TV and PJ
Segression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 12:03 AM   #4
JoolzD

I have had the TW-3000 for a couple of years now and it has been absolutely fantastic! I haven't had a single issue.

I run it on low brightness almost all the time. Watching a movie during the day isn't a problem at all as long as the sun isn't coming straight in the window.

I only just recently got a Bluray player and the picture quality was good before but sensational now.

All I can say is do it. You won't regret it.
Main rig: 2700k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z68X-UD7 | 16GB GSkill 1600 | EVGA GTX680 FTW+ 4GB SLI | Intel 520 120GB + 2 x 2TB HDDs | Dell U3014 | HAF 932 | H100i | Corsair K70 | Logitech G5 | Logitech Z5500 | Windows 7 x64
1000s of dollars in trades! PM me for a list.
JoolzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 12:03 AM   #5
mtma

I think there was a chart posted somewhere on a forum saying that the north american market 8700UB is the equivalent model to the TW4500. The 8700UB reviews fairly favorably.

Not sure exactly how accurate that is though.

I would say the offer price of 1481 w/spare lamp (but IIRC the lamps are 3000+ full power hours) is fair enough for one with 2 years local warranty.

Projector resale value drops like a brick, the spare lamp would prop it up though. You really want to make sure you get a pj you're not going to sell before you get at a minimum 2 years of use out of it.
mtma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 6:45 PM   #6
Manou12 Thread Starter

thanks all .. i am based in launceston.. i have seen it up on display .... looks pretty good .. just wanted mske sure i guess that i am gettin a good deal ..i intend on keeping it for a while so hopefully its good....
thanks all
Old 16th May 2012, 5:24 PM   #7
kumquat

Check out projector central
http://www.projectorcentral.com/home...projectors.htm
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 9:55 PM   #8
Xeon666

I have the Epson EH-TW5500, next model up with 3yr warranty, inc. lamp, which is good as they may say up to 4000hrs, but in reality, more like 2000hrs, but this is the case with any model you buy. I use mine heavily and in 2.5yrs now just about to have my 3rd new lamp, courtesy of Epson warranty, so in your case extra lamp a bonus, if projector is new and not demo model where lamp maybe flogged day in day out with demos. While the EH-4500 is an older model, you get the following feature the TW6000 doesn't have :
* Optical Lens Shift - a must if you want a true native 1920x1080p image, 6000 only has digital keystone, so for image to be optically true have to position 6000 in the correct spot. Lens shift makes it easier to always get a true image, particularly if looking to run via a PC, media centre.
* Frame Interpolaration - basically better via processor capable of up scaling video inc. 24Hz to 96Hz to smooth moving scenes out- can make many scenes look 3D without the glasses, and is adjustable and can be disabled.
* Better contrast ratio = deeper blacks in dark scenes 200,000 vs 40,000.

6000 is a no frills basic 3D capable 1080p projector, 4500 is more a top end 2D projector, was $4k new (originally). 6000 now half the price, but to add 3D and halve price they've cut a lot of high end features out (find them in the 8000/9000 models). Bugger all 3D content, what will you watch more??

Warranty, they won't swap these out like panels, Epson will repair.

Overall, great value - superb pic quality.
Xeon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 7:59 PM   #9
Manou12 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeon666 View Post
I have the Epson EH-TW5500, next model up with 3yr warranty, inc. lamp, which is good as they may say up to 4000hrs, but in reality, more like 2000hrs, but this is the case with any model you buy. I use mine heavily and in 2.5yrs now just about to have my 3rd new lamp, courtesy of Epson warranty, so in your case extra lamp a bonus, if projector is new and not demo model where lamp maybe flogged day in day out with demos. While the EH-4500 is an older model, you get the following feature the TW6000 doesn't have :
* Optical Lens Shift - a must if you want a true native 1920x1080p image, 6000 only has digital keystone, so for image to be optically true have to position 6000 in the correct spot. Lens shift makes it easier to always get a true image, particularly if looking to run via a PC, media centre.
* Frame Interpolaration - basically better via processor capable of up scaling video inc. 24Hz to 96Hz to smooth moving scenes out- can make many scenes look 3D without the glasses, and is adjustable and can be disabled.
* Better contrast ratio = deeper blacks in dark scenes 200,000 vs 40,000.

6000 is a no frills basic 3D capable 1080p projector, 4500 is more a top end 2D projector, was $4k new (originally). 6000 now half the price, but to add 3D and halve price they've cut a lot of high end features out (find them in the 8000/9000 models). Bugger all 3D content, what will you watch more??

Warranty, they won't swap these out like panels, Epson will repair.

Overall, great value - superb pic quality.
thanks man for your input ... it is an ex display but i get a new lamp and 5 year replacement warranty thrown in ..
the pic quality looks good from what ive seen ... the guy at hn is a good mate any way hence the extras
he started to talk bout hdmi cables lol ...

Last edited by Manou12; 22nd May 2012 at 8:02 PM.