Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Geek Food > Geek Recipes

Notices

Old 4th September 2001, 1:43 PM   #1
Agg Thread Starter
Lord of the Pings

Default Scrambled Aggs :)

Name: Scrambled Eggs
Description: Eggs, err, scrambled. Plain but easily customised.
Ingredients: 2 or 3 eggs, milk
Equipment: Microwave-proof bowl (soup or cereal size), fork, microwave
Instructions:

Break the eggs into the bowl, fish out bits of broken shell pour in a TINY bit of milk. Like, a teaspoon full. As my Dad says, it's MUCH easier to add more milk later than to try and remove some. Using the fork, stir the mix vigorously until the eggs all kinda break up. I find tilting the bowl on its side and moving the fork in a circle that comes out of the mix and goes back into it, very fast, for about a minute, does it fine. You're aiming for a pale orangey consistency. Some bits of the egg won't break up, usually clear lumpy stuff, you can fish this out with the fork (tricky) or just leave it in there if you like, no big deal. Add a little more milk if it's not going smooth enough. If you're seeing a lot of white (milk) then you've probably added too much - you can recover by adding another egg at this point or maybe just keep stirring the hell out of it. The point is to get smooth even colour.

(If you make too much of this mixture, don't panic! Stick it in the fridge until you're hungry again, then dip bread in it so it's covered but not soaked. Fry the bread, sprinkling black pepper or cinnamon on it before you fry each side. Congrats - you made French Toast, yummo. Sciby's more detailed recipe is here.)

Back to the scrambled eggs. Microwave on high for 1 min, take it out, stir (break up the chunks), put in microwave again for 1 min, stir, microwave again, should be fine to eat once you've stirred it up. You can do all the cooking in one go, but the top will dry out and you'll end up with what I'm told is a Souffle rather than scrambled eggs. If you find the eggs are getting too dry, or are at the consistency you want scrambled eggs to be, then stop. I have made restaurant-quality (appearance + taste) scrambled eggs using the cook-stir-cook-stir-cook-stir method. The last cooking stage is sometimes only 10 seconds or so, depending on the number of eggs, power of your microwave etc.

Serve on toast or straight out of the bowl - will be HOT as eggs retain heat really well. Bit of tomato sauce goes well.

Options:
To make the full meal I call "Agg's Eggs":
During the beating-eggs stage, once the consistency is pretty good, add a few drops of tabasco sauce to taste. Add some chopped salami (Danish or Hungarian, something tasty but not too spicy). Also add a small handful of grated cheese. Stir it all in well. Cook as per normal. Make 4 slices of toast and spread with vegemite, arrange in a square on a big plate, pour scrambled eggs over, put a little tomato sauce on top of pile of eggs. Note: I take no responsibility if you go into protein shock and die after eating this meal. Edit: pic here!

Last edited by Agg; 9th August 2002 at 10:29 AM.
Agg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2001, 10:11 PM   #2
dicey

*glup* Microwaved eggs?? Bleh!!!! I perfer the old way The stove! You get better favour out of it! That's my tip!

Total Overdose!!!
Drink or Die!!!

XX- Who has done deals over the OCAU Forum trading area please contact me to put your name on the sig.
dicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2001, 4:01 PM   #3
Froodogs

Default wtf?

agg: when i saw you'd posted scrambled aggs, i thought i'd pop in and post my own variant. but aggs eggs is almost there anyway.

bacon, cheese, and a few drops of 'basco sauce...

BUT, to make it more interesting, give the egg mixture a little shake of cumin powder and coriander before you cook it. it makes ALL the difference.

another thing a man named brandon taught me (b-wear, your brains may cook if you listen to this man) was that a splodge of salsa or tomatoey sauce, or even just some chopped tomato really adds some life/flavour to it. and it even tastes good

so yeah... try that one agg, you'll probably like it... =)
Froodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2001, 1:01 AM   #4
Smash

Pepper.... you gotta add pepper..
AND LOTS OF IT!
he he
But yeah, i make the same thing, xcept i just wack everything together, put in some margarine, pepper, salt and whatever else is lying around, and yeah... its all good.
Oh, and another thing, buttered bread is heaps better than toast, it folds and stuff, and all the butter melts into the eggs....
mmmmmmm.. melted butter
Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2001, 1:20 AM   #5
B5lurker

bleh stove, I dont overclock my Tbird so I can Fold faster I do it so I can cook my Scrambled Agg's quicker
B5lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2001, 3:32 AM   #6
dicey

For eggs..... Wonderful greasy food is wonderful with eggs.

EX: Greasy bacon, Hash browns. All can be good.

Total Overdose!!!
Drink or Die!!!

XX- Who has done deals over the OCAU Forum trading area please contact me to put your name on the sig.
dicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2002, 1:41 PM   #7
Mr. iPaq

mmm scranbled eggs... i like them, but they can't be soggy cafeteria scrambled eggs. . i also put in bits of bacon, tomato, capsicum etc.. tastes gooood
Mr. iPaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2002, 3:40 PM   #8
SpudBoy

actually

cooking scrambled eggs in the microwave produces a better result then the stove..

well i have noticed this..
ALSO u can cook it in the bowl ya eatin it outa.. less to clean up.. more time for other stuff..
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2002, 6:12 PM   #9
gords
Thread Killer

Yum...the pic looks so appetising!

I find that scrambled eggs with cheese made in a frying pan are the best!

[Edit: Gee...I can't even think straight. It took two edits to make this post readable!]

Last edited by gords; 9th August 2002 at 9:28 PM.
gords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2002, 7:23 PM   #10
digamma

Had these for breakfast this morning before going to work, i need to add HEAPS more tabasco sauce, i couldn't even taste the half dozen drops i put in Tastes good tho!
Old 11th August 2002, 12:06 PM   #11
CptVipeR

Scrambled Aggs? when Agg falls off his bike at speed?

CptVipeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2002, 11:31 PM   #12
jobaby

I made this for breakfast today (at 4:50pm)... it was the only thing my hung-over body could handle.

Didn't add the salami (or put vegemite on the toast, although the vit. B12 would probably have been good in my current condition), but there was tabasco and all the rest. I even had to fish the shell out of the mixture.

I can't remember how it tasted, but it made me feel better.

This should be a compulsory 'post-cocktail party' breakfast!
jobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2002, 11:19 AM   #13
Whitey Ford
Sings the blues

I just made some then. Not to foul at all.
I was going to take a photo to upload and show everyone, but I realised that it's impossible to make scrambled eggs look good!

Mike
Old 12th December 2002, 4:23 PM   #14
Exciter

Sorry mate, I have to question the eggs, vegemite sandwich and tomato sauce combination...

Other than that, Im not convinced that it is a groundbreaking recipe, but the method (microwave) is an interesting idea.
Racing past the heavens, Straight into the dawn, Looking like a comet, Slicing through the morn, Scorching the horizon, Blazing to the land, Now heís here amongst us, The age of fireís at hand.

Last edited by Exciter on 31st December 1999 at 11:59 PM
Exciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2002, 5:17 PM   #15
Vindaloo

Jeez *whitney*, you reckon you oculd drag up an even older thread?