Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Newbie Lounge

Notices

Old 17th July 2017, 2:23 PM   #1
RagingKoala Thread Starter

Default I think I have my HDD led I/O connector backwards, can that damage the system at all?

So I just got finished putting together the new build and everything works, USB, headphone etc (which is a miracle considering I've never had to do those front pin connectors before).

The system ON led works fine, but I've noticed there is no flashing hdd light (Fractal R5)

I suspect maybe the + and - are backwards on the motherboard. I may at some point go back and fix that but its hard to get to when the system is fully together.

Will that damage anything to just let it run sans HDD flashing light if the terminals are backwards? Or not at all?
RagingKoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 2:39 PM   #2
havabeer

the short answer is "no, it will not affect anything"
Old 17th July 2017, 3:22 PM   #3
RagingKoala Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by havabeer View Post
the short answer is "no, it will not affect anything"
Awesome, thanks a lot. The OCD perfectionist in me had to pull apart the front connectors and do it the right way, it seems 'label up' on the Fractal connectors is incorrect for some of the inputs.
RagingKoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 5:48 PM   #4
cbjaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKoala View Post
Awesome, thanks a lot. The OCD perfectionist in me had to pull apart the front connectors and do it the right way, it seems 'label up' on the Fractal connectors is incorrect for some of the inputs.
Well if you're truly OCD about it you'll grab a 1mm jeweler's screw drive and slip the plastic molex off the contacts and put then back to match the labels.
cbjaust is offline   Reply With Quote