Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Business & Enterprise Computing

Notices

Old 13th September 2017, 5:20 PM   #26281
Dre_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
You're right and it should have been ratio not margin.
Or just margin.
Dre_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2017, 9:23 PM   #26282
elvis Thread Starter
Old school old fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyolent View Post
this

As an ex workmate of mine once said, we're the "logic department". They need people with problem solving skills, we can solve problems. If they could solve problems, they'd be doing something more useful for more money.

all the problems that are too hard end up in my area. because people don't want to think. ever.
Quote:
you know big business will get given a get out of jail free card by the government. but yes i do agree with you.

correct

big business can't fail because they keep the system going. business own the government anyway, government are useless fucks, corporates now have more power. just waiting for the day for when these muscles are flexed. can't be too far away ...
Please use the quote button when quoting others. These posts get confusing without quote blocks.
elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2017, 10:36 PM   #26283
looktall
Working Class Hero

Apparently Perth has a Microsoft datacentre.... and they're hiring.

https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdet...ed&show_desc=0
looktall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 8:04 AM   #26284
psyolent

Quote:
Please use the quote button when quoting others. These posts get confusing without quote blocks.
ah. found it.
psyolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 8:13 AM   #26285
wintermute000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonTryThis@Home View Post
No. It'll build a shitlist of regulations that make no sense, that takes all the creativity and progressiveness out of the entire IT landscape. Due to the risks, IT will be so heavily monitored that there will be a monolithic WHS-style department overseeing everything the few real IT people dare to do, and putting in roadblocks where ever they can. You know how these things always work out...
I agree . The solution is the same as for solving white collar crime: actual meaningful penalties and jail time if you offend, and a robust, massively beefed up ASIC equivalent that's not retarded and not afraid to go up against the big boys.
wintermute000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 9:47 AM   #26286
^catalyst

Quote:
ah. found it.
Not quite... If you hit the quote button on the post you want to quote it will quote block and link it.
^catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 12:05 PM   #26287
Foliage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke212 View Post
because he has $0 of those $400,000 yet lol.

what if you only get $20,000 sales? thats the other stress of small business owner!
If I genuinely only got $20k then the business case does not exist. If that happens I would pack up and go back to my old employer.

I honestly doubt it at this stage, we will be profitable, its just a matter of how profitable. So far we have all of the largest workshops on board apart from Nizpro and that is only because we haven't spoken to them yet. There is a niche market that is ripe for the taking here in Australia.
Old 14th September 2017, 12:30 PM   #26288
PabloEscobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foliage View Post
If I genuinely only got $20k then the business case does not exist. If that happens I would pack up and go back to my old employer.

I honestly doubt it at this stage, we will be profitable, its just a matter of how profitable. So far we have all of the largest workshops on board apart from Nizpro and that is only because we haven't spoken to them yet. There is a niche market that is ripe for the taking here in Australia.
<Shark Tank>
What stops someone from just stealing all your tech and ideas and doing it themselves?
</Shark Tank>
PabloEscobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 12:34 PM   #26289
Gunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foliage View Post

You have a patent?
Gunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 12:58 PM   #26290
blankpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEscobar View Post
<Shark Tank>
What stops someone from just stealing all your tech and ideas and doing it themselves?
</Shark Tank>
I haven't watched that show but it seems equal parts amusing (schadenfreude style) and frustrating as all fuck (because of smug panelists).

to stay remotely on topic - part of the selling point of cloud is that it's supposed to be more agile, in that it should be entirely possible to setup an environment in less time than traditional methods (order equipment, deliver, pay consultants/whatever to come audit, setup...) Got quoted 7 months for a small cloud environment. Ya, no thanks guys. Won't name who, of course.

Last edited by blankpaper; 14th September 2017 at 1:15 PM.
blankpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 1:36 PM   #26291
miicah

For some reason our the corporate side of us (education) is upgrading to exchange 2016. Staff and students are on Office 365. Can't really think of why they wouldn't migrate as well?

CS:GO Videos | Motorcycle Videos
miicah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 1:38 PM   #26292
NSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by miicah View Post
For some reason our the corporate side of us (education) is upgrading to exchange 2016. Staff and students are on Office 365. Can't really think of why they wouldn't migrate as well?
far too many things to take into account to make a comment here.

Are you both part of the same forest/domain?
NSanity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 1:43 PM   #26293
BoutS

Cost of infrastructure to house onsite accounts for all students would be the primary reason i think.

Also there is probably separation from both silos, rightfully so as well.
Old 14th September 2017, 1:46 PM   #26294
NSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoutS View Post
Cost of infrastructure to house onsite accounts for all students would be the primary reason i think.

Also there is probably separation from both silos, rightfully so as well.
EDU Students is typically given O365 for Free. Faculty is a seriously reduced cost.

You can achieve segregation in a variety of ways - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azu...ect-topologies
NSanity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 1:48 PM   #26295
BoutS

Student 365 acc's for free? Interesting.

My daughter is in a Catholic School and she has google apps account, wonder if it is free or we subsidise it via school fees.