Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 22nd May 2017, 9:42 AM   #16
Killer_Minion Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reins View Post
I second this!
https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/Z170-AR/

This is my Motherboard, I dont see any other power connection on it apart from the main one and the one in the top left. Or should i be running some type of y connection?

One thing i could try is switching the 12v from multi rail to common rail?

Though it does seem as if its still powering everything just hangs before it gets to the bios stage.
Killer_Minion is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 7th June 2017, 10:26 PM   #17

Ended up ordering a new Motherboard and the issue is now resolved.

Had an ASUS Z170-AR replaced it with an ASUS Z270-AR. Im guessing something failed on the Motherboard guess I would be wasting my time rying to get my money back, very frustrating but hey, its going now, just have to tidy up all the wiring again and its as good as new.
Old 8th June 2017, 6:44 AM   #18
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Minion View Post
Had an ASUS Z170-AR replaced it with an ASUS Z270-AR. Im guessing something failed on the Motherboard guess I would be wasting my time rying to get my money back
Only 6 months old, try RMA'ing it.
Old 8th June 2017, 7:21 AM   #19
kesawi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Minion View Post
Had an ASUS Z170-AR replaced it with an ASUS Z270-AR. Im guessing something failed on the Motherboard guess I would be wasting my time rying to get my money back, very frustrating but hey, its going now, just have to tidy up all the wiring again and its as good as new.
It's worth trying. I'm​ having my motherboard replaced despite being 4 months out of the manufacturer's 12 month warranty. MSI and the vendor accepted my claim under a statutory warranty. It didn't take much effort, but then the store I bought it from was very helpful rather than adversarial.
Old 9th June 2017, 2:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesawi View Post
It's worth trying. I'm​ having my motherboard replaced despite being 4 months out of the manufacturer's 12 month warranty. MSI and the vendor accepted my claim under a statutory warranty. It didn't take much effort, but then the store I bought it from was very helpful rather than adversarial.
If I had bought it through my work account im sure they would be alot more helpful, but bought it personally. I sent them an Email explaining that it all works fine with a single GPU but stopped working with 2x GPUs and they essential told me I would be better talking to the manufacturer, so i will try that.