Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Manufacturer-specific Forums > Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 3rd August 2017, 2:38 PM   #751
Dingostolemyghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno1988 View Post
What max temps should I be getting (and under what stress test) before even thinking of a mild overclock? (say 4.7-4.8)

7700k on a Asus Z270G with 16GB 3000mhz ram.
My mobo was so generous with the stock volts that a 4.8GHz overclock was pretty much same temps as stock. 4.8 @ 1.24V
Dingostolemyghz is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 3rd August 2017, 2:43 PM   #752
Benno1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingostolemyghz View Post
My mobo was so generous with the stock volts that a 4.8GHz overclock was pretty much same temps as stock. 4.8 @ 1.24V
Nice. Freebie.

Any simple guides around for basic/mild overclocks? I think the ASUS Bios/AI Suite software has a few click option for doing it, only got it yesterday, need to look into that.

Guides I've read are a bit too in-depth for me, don't need to push it, just a basic bump because why not.
Benno1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 2:25 PM   #753
MortarArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
MortarArt (OCAU)
His website

This tool. Yes, it uses a vise. I have a special edition black+white version I don't know what colour his other stock is, but I think I'd have done well over a dozen chips using this tool and no problems as yet.

Unlike some of the fancy tools though, this one doesn't 'relid', ie it doesn't clamp the IHS down again after you have replaced the TIM and siliconed the IHS back on, which you want to do of course until it gets enough grab to work with safely. I use a stationery clipboard as a clamp, works very well.
Thanks for the recommendation. The most straightforward way to get one from me is to get it from this Ebay listing. I send them via priority post, which usually only takes 1-3 days around Australia. They're printed in solid ABS, and should be possible to use with the hammer method as well as with vices.
Old 8th August 2017, 10:01 AM   #754
Sarsippius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortarArt View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. The most straightforward way to get one from me is to get it from this Ebay listing. I send them via priority post, which usually only takes 1-3 days around Australia. They're printed in solid ABS, and should be possible to use with the hammer method as well as with vices.
Just a bit of feedback, I successfully delidded my 7600k but the IHS didn't really fit in the tool properly, I had to use a file to clean it up a bit. Maybe this is expected with 3d printed stuff.