Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Manufacturer-specific Forums > Other CPUs and chipsets

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 4th April 2017, 2:30 PM   #2131
HyRax1 Thread Starter
ˇViva la Resolutión!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogi View Post
Anyone built a multi IP camera viewer with their Pi? I'm not wanting NVR functions, just want a way to do realtime viewing of my cameras on TV.
A simple web page with multiple iframes to each feed's URL will do the trick. Format it with some CSS to suit your requirements.

Code:
<html>
<body>
<iframe src="http://URL/TO/YOUR/IP/STREAM"></iframe>
</body>

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 4th April 2017, 5:23 PM   #2132
Foliage

Quote:
Anyone built a multi IP camera viewer with their Pi? I'm not wanting NVR functions, just want a way to do realtime viewing of my cameras on TV.
Just make sure you don't put it on a public IP with hard coded admin:admin credentials.

Last edited by HyRax1; 4th April 2017 at 5:30 PM. Reason: Removed sarcasm.
Foliage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 7:43 AM   #2133
nogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyRax1 View Post
A simple web page with multiple iframes to each feed's URL will do the trick. Format it with some CSS to suit your requirements.

Code:
<html>
<body>
<iframe src="http://URL/TO/YOUR/IP/STREAM"></iframe>
</body>
I hadn't thought of that. Might give it a shot. I had found this application a few weeks back but it looks to be unsupported at the moment.

@Foliage, this is only being viewed internally on a TV so nothing is being exposed outside of 192.168.x.x. That and UPNP is off and ports are blocked at my router.
Old 5th April 2017, 4:07 PM   #2134
NuZo

Quote:
I hadn't thought of that. Might give it a shot. I had found this application a few weeks back but it looks to be unsupported at the moment.

@Foliage, this is only being viewed internally on a TV so nothing is being exposed outside of 192.168.x.x. That and UPNP is off and ports are blocked at my router.
Hey mate,

Lookup MotioneyeOS for the RPI. I run it at home to stream 3 cameras setup at my house. Works fine just make sure the pi has a bit of ventilation cause it gets warm.

You can also install motioneye manually onto raspbian if that's more your thing.

Cheers,

Nuzo
NuZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 11:02 PM   #2135
3five1

HI

Anyone know the hdd limitations on these, looking to get one and attach an external drive and stream movies to my T.V?

thanks

Last edited by 3five1; 5th April 2017 at 11:05 PM.
3five1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 8:18 AM   #2136
dakiller
(Oscillating & Impeding)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3five1 View Post
HI

Anyone know the hdd limitations on these, looking to get one and attach an external drive and stream movies to my T.V?

thanks
It's linux, so whatever the limitation of linux is (lots)
dakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 8:50 AM   #2137
Madengineer

Going to try and talk my schopl into buying some of these. Haha
Old 27th April 2017, 12:01 PM   #2138
Lostnewb

I'm looking at using a Pi3 B as an sftp box to download from a seedbox to an external usb drive. I'm not as familiar with linux software options, whereas I AM familiar with winscp.

I can buy Exagear desktop for Raspbian, which then can run WINE which then can run winscp, but I'm curious as to whether there is a native linux app that is not strictly command line. I don't mind getting into it slowly, but for the moment I'm on a timer to get about 800GB off my seedbox at 3Mb/s so I'd rather it just worked for 4 weeks.

tl;dr : is there an alternative to filezilla / winscp that I can run on Raspbian's GUI without resorting to Exagear desktop and WINE?
Lostnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 12:12 PM   #2139
Snoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostnewb View Post
tl;dr : is there an alternative to filezilla / winscp that I can run on Raspbian's GUI without resorting to Exagear desktop and WINE?
Filezilla has a native linux build...

apt-get install filezilla

Edit:
That said if the remote end is linux - you should look into using rsync to grab files.. You could have it automatically run and sync the remote and local dirs every x hours.
Snoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 1:39 PM   #2140
Lostnewb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoops View Post
Filezilla has a native linux build...

apt-get install filezilla

Edit:
That said if the remote end is linux - you should look into using rsync to grab files.. You could have it automatically run and sync the remote and local dirs every x hours.
Ooh cool, I'll try that then. Cheers
Old 27th April 2017, 1:53 PM   #2141
elvis
Old school old fool

Quote:
I can buy Exagear desktop for Raspbian, which then can run WINE which then can run winscp
I say this a lot to people, but Linux is not Windows. I know that sounds obvious at first glance, but really, really think about it. You're using a lot of "Windows logic" to fix a Linux workflow issue. They're not the same OS, so don't use the same logic.

Linux has a number of GUI SFTP clients. Any of those are usable (FileZilla is there, but there's dozens of others, some of them built right into the file managers with sftp:// notation built right into the location bar). If you're looking to schedule an SFTP download automatically, script it on the command like with the "sftp" command. No, not as easy as a GUI. Yes, absolutely a fun project worth your time, if for no other reason than to learn a new skill.
Old 27th April 2017, 3:09 PM   #2142
Lostnewb

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis View Post
I say this a lot to people, but Linux is not Windows. I know that sounds obvious at first glance, but really, really think about it. You're using a lot of "Windows logic" to fix a Linux workflow issue. They're not the same OS, so don't use the same logic.

Linux has a number of GUI SFTP clients. Any of those are usable (FileZilla is there, but there's dozens of others, some of them built right into the file managers with sftp:// notation built right into the location bar). If you're looking to schedule an SFTP download automatically, script it on the command like with the "sftp" command. No, not as easy as a GUI. Yes, absolutely a fun project worth your time, if for no other reason than to learn a new skill.
I think the biggest problem is being a Microsoft boy since DOS 3, and only brief instances of linux, I'm finding it awfully difficult to adapt to it. I am WANTING to learn, but it is going so slowly. Full immersion is best, but I use Win7 at work, and my kids go to a school that is an MS partner, and they need Windows at home for that, so dumping it entirely isn't an option.

With 50hrs a week at work, and only getting computer time after they're in bed at 8:30, along with needing to spend some time with wife as well, I'm spending my quiet time reading the equivalent of Linux for Dummies, and watching as many youtube vids on the subject as I can. I feel like an idiot. Not giving up, mind you, but it's frustrating.
Old 27th April 2017, 3:18 PM   #2143
Foliage

Quote:
With 50hrs a week at work, and only getting computer time after they're in bed at 8:30, along with needing to spend some time with wife as well, I'm spending my quiet time reading the equivalent of Linux for Dummies, and watching as many youtube vids on the subject as I can. I feel like an idiot. Not giving up, mind you, but it's frustrating.
Why do you want to learn it if you don't use it any time in your life?
Old 27th April 2017, 5:58 PM   #2144
Lostnewb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foliage View Post
Why do you want to learn it if you don't use it any time in your life?
Windows 10, mainly. I know, you can turn all that crap off, but it opened my eyes to the blatant data collection that people are gradually thinking as normal, but 20 years ago would have been exclusively run by regimes like NK or China or USSR. I like my privacy, and Windows, Google, Facebook, Linkedin, etc, don't think I should have any. Heck, I almost installed the Gumtree app on the wife's ipad the other day before I read the privacy statement that said they reserve the right to inspect photos on the device to allow better targetted advertising.

I know I can't stay anonymous, but I'm not going to hand over everything about myself like a lot of people seem cheerful to do. They have to try a bit harder than that.
Old 27th April 2017, 6:25 PM   #2145
power

Remember when everyone used to run Zone alarm and just block the fuck out of everything? How times have changed.