Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Portable & Small Form Factor

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 20th April 2017, 11:04 AM   #1906
Uchuujin-san

Nice! My Ncase literally just arrived, that thing is tiny! Only going to transplant my existing parts while i wait for some decent AM4 mITX mobos to come out (and wallet to stop hurting)... maybe i'll get a dan A4 to put y intel bits into once i go Ryzen...

Metal tubing sounds like a pita to work with in such a small case. Looking forwards to checking out the finished build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardball View Post
New build that people might be interested in, with more photos to follow next week when I get the water cooling installed!

I'm using an Ncase M1 with:

Xeon E5-2630v4 ES - 10 cores, 2.5ghz
AsRock X99E-ITX
16GB DDR4
GTX1080ti FE

I'm planning to watercool both CPU and GPU, using hard metal tubing - I'll also be adding a glass window.

Uchuujin-san is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 22nd April 2017, 2:38 AM   #1907
demiurge3141

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3five1 View Post
Hi guys

I'm looking to build a cheap rig as I'm on a budget, don't game and no need for overclocking. I put together the below parts/prices last year so they may not be right now, any idea suggestions on bang per buck much appreciated?

thank you.

Antec ISK110 m-ITX case $108
Asrock H110M-ITX LGA1151 $119
Intel Core i3 6100 Dual Core LGA 1151 $155
Crucial 8GB DDR4 2133MHz 512x8 CL15 $49
Hitachi HGST Travelstar 5K1000 2.5''/1TB 6GB/s $83
total $514
I'd save some money and get something like this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lenovo-Th...YAAOSwtfhYtMrl
demiurge3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 3:59 AM   #1908
terrastrife

Quote:
New build that people might be interested in, with more photos to follow next week when I get the water cooling installed!

I'm using an Ncase M1 with:

Xeon E5-2630v4 ES - 10 cores, 2.5ghz
AsRock X99E-ITX
16GB DDR4
GTX1080ti FE

I'm planning to watercool both CPU and GPU, using hard metal tubing - I'll also be adding a glass window.

Do you currently need earplugs?
terrastrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 2:07 PM   #1909
3five1

Quote:
I'll also be adding a glass window.
I don't understand why people do this ...so you can watch your fan(s) go round & round ...good luck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiurge3141 View Post
I'd save some money and get something like this:
Not bad, my local Mission Australia has similar stuff so I may look into that first

thanks

Last edited by 3five1; 22nd April 2017 at 2:23 PM.
3five1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 10:30 AM   #1910
Furien

Recently build a node 202 with a msi 270i pro gaming carbon. I was planning to bolt it under my desk out of reach. My plan was to turn it on via keyboard. Put I looked through the bios and there doesnt seem to be an option for pwr on via keyboard. After some googling it seems someold mobos could do it but there are no new motherboard can?
Furien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 12:49 PM   #1911
fleetfeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furien View Post
Recently build a node 202 with a msi 270i pro gaming carbon. I was planning to bolt it under my desk out of reach. My plan was to turn it on via keyboard. Put I looked through the bios and there doesnt seem to be an option for pwr on via keyboard. After some googling it seems someold mobos could do it but there are no new motherboard can?
Some new mobos can, either through the PS/2 port or via USB. "PS/2 power on", or "wake on USB" would be the terms I'd search for in your mobo manual.

Alternatively, your mobo might have "Wake on LAN", if that is an option you want to explore as a backup.

4790k @ 4.7 | D15 | 1080Ti FE @ 2.0 | VII IMPACT | 16GB Tactical LP @ 2133 C9 | XP941 256GB | Ultra II 960GB | 460W Fanless | Nano S | X34 Predator | G303 | Artisan Hayate | A700X + D1 + Modmic
fleetfeather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 4:29 PM   #1912
Furien

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeather View Post
Some new mobos can, either through the PS/2 port or via USB. "PS/2 power on", or "wake on USB" would be the terms I'd search for in your mobo manual.

Alternatively, your mobo might have "Wake on LAN", if that is an option you want to explore as a backup.
Had a look in the manual already for my mobo z270i(msi) and asus mobo. They both dont to seem to have it. I would have thought it would be a standard feature.
Old 25th April 2017, 5:35 PM   #1913
Ratzz

Quote:
Had a look in the manual already for my mobo z270i(msi) and asus mobo. They both dont to seem to have it. I would have thought it would be a standard feature.
It is a feature, it is covered by page 47 and 48 of your user manual. I used it regularly on my z270i Gaming Pro Carbon. Its not "power on" though, I'm not aware of any motherboards that can turn themselves on in such a way, old or new. Its "wake from sleep".
Quote:
Originally Posted by seizium View Post
I did visit the NBN van today at Westfields North Lakes, but their internet connection wasn't working so they couldn't give me any information
My Rig

Last edited by Ratzz; 25th April 2017 at 5:38 PM.
Ratzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 10:12 PM   #1914
Paulie_AU

I had Z87 boards that could do it (and I used it to boot from keyboard.... originally from mouse but wife would accidentally set it off and then just leave it running all day as I had sleep disabled). My Z170 OCF seems to only have wake from suspend if I believe the manual.

You could just do that it pretty much goes to a zero state. Had a Z270i doing that on the bench today and it stopped everything lights out the works..... then booted from keyboard in less than a second.

Last edited by Paulie_AU; 25th April 2017 at 10:16 PM.
Paulie_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 10:39 PM   #1915
Ratzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie_AU View Post
Had a Z270i doing that on the bench today and it stopped everything lights out the works..... then booted from keyboard in less than a second.
So working better than it was when you got it? Good news mate.. I just couldn't face the hours of eyestrain and ensuing headache again .. I miss having strong young eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by seizium View Post
I did visit the NBN van today at Westfields North Lakes, but their internet connection wasn't working so they couldn't give me any information
My Rig
Ratzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 7:53 AM   #1916
Furien

Yep it seems that wake from sleep is the only option and NOT turn computer on via keyboard. These being 2 different things. Anyone got any remote start tricks up their sleeve.
Old 26th April 2017, 8:44 AM   #1917
fleetfeather

Quote:
Yep it seems that wake from sleep is the only option and NOT turn computer on via keyboard. These being 2 different things. Anyone got any remote start tricks up their sleeve.
I used wake on LAN for 6 months when my power button cable broke. I could cold boot my system using an app on my phone.

Actually, I eventually set it up so that the system powered up once my phone connected to home wifi (so, when I returned from work for the day, the PC booted up upon arrival). There's a few apps on iOS and Android that can do this for you, although you may need to pay for a paid version of such an app (<$5).

Aside from Wake on LAN, you can also investigate whether IR receivers might work for you, as well as wifi-enabled power plugs.

4790k @ 4.7 | D15 | 1080Ti FE @ 2.0 | VII IMPACT | 16GB Tactical LP @ 2133 C9 | XP941 256GB | Ultra II 960GB | 460W Fanless | Nano S | X34 Predator | G303 | Artisan Hayate | A700X + D1 + Modmic
fleetfeather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 10:41 AM   #1918
Paulie_AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
So working better than it was when you got it? Good news mate.. I just couldn't face the hours of eyestrain and ensuing headache again .. I miss having strong young eyes
Has a weird issue where I suspect it occassionally wants data through a bent pin or something. Otherwise seems stable with the 6700k underclocked at 42x and mems at 4133c19. It does the typical over tightening some tertiaries which hurts it a little with memory tuning. Will keep you updated.......and send you some coin too.
Paulie_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 7:13 PM   #1919
Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgenaFX View Post
You can fit that or an HDPLEX 250 - but PicoPSU 160 is so much cleaner.
Hey AgenaFX, great build there m8, following those SFF forums with great interest, huge fan of that case! Hopefully Josh does a 4th run, I'm hoping for a Vanilla Ice build in all white! No doubt you've seen the boutique PSUs hand-crafted by G-Unique? Offering DC-DC ATX power solutions with 400W+ output.... just amazing for anyone interested, link is https://smallformfactor.net/forum/th...ct-order.1983/
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 2:20 PM   #1920
Azzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3five1 View Post
Hi guys

I'm looking to build a cheap rig as I'm on a budget, don't game and no need for overclocking. I put together the below parts/prices last year so they may not be right now, any idea suggestions on bang per buck much appreciated?

thank you.

Antec ISK110 m-ITX case $108
Asrock H110M-ITX LGA1151 $119
Intel Core i3 6100 Dual Core LGA 1151 $155
Crucial 8GB DDR4 2133MHz 512x8 CL15 $49
Hitachi HGST Travelstar 5K1000 2.5''/1TB 6GB/s $83
total $514
Change Antec ISK110 to InWin Chopin, https://www.pccasegear.com/products/...150w-psu-black

They are about same size and price, but ISK110 is super old/ugly and come with front USB1(jk, USB2). Chopin has front USB3 and also come with better PSU(150W vs 90W).
i7 7700K | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Prime Z270-P | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 | 4GB MSI GTX1050Ti Gaming | 500GB Samsung 960 EVO | Fractal Define C | Corsair RM550X | 24" Samsung CFG70 | Windows 10 64bit
Azzan is offline   Reply With Quote