Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Pets & Animals

Notices

Old 31st March 2017, 7:51 PM   #1576
Zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmonster View Post
I have a rescue cat, we love her to bits... she's my best friend... sleeps on my bed at night and waits for me to come home every day... She has little habits which are quite touching where she likes to be close, even if it's just in the same room. I'll be tapping away at the PC for hours and turn around and find she's been there the whole time. Highly intelligent and full of bad attitude.. love it.. She jumps all over me in the morning just to wake me up. She also loves biting and stalking my partner.. Like hiding and then jumping out and biting her leg as she walks past... It's quite funny. Seriously, we love this little cat. Pets add so much to our lives. It's worth investing the time to look after them and develop a bond.

We're responsible cat owners too and don't let her out to roam and hurt wildlife or be hurt. We let her out in the backyard only when we're around. I feel bad about keeping her inside so much however I feel it's the responsible thing to do. At least I know she and the local wildlife are both safe this way.
Sounds like you've found a friend for life! My little black kitty is a rescue, she was abandoned by her owners, so I took her in. The Bengal kinda dominates, but the little black kitty has an awesome personality, and she is so sweet. Everyone who meets her loves her.

Your rescue sounds awesome - now, need pics!

Z...
Old 31st March 2017, 7:51 PM   #1577
callan

Don't sweat it. We have made several rescue/outdoor cats indoor only, and in every case they have been happier. You are being more humane, responsible and caring by keeping them indoors.

Callan

"I don't like this internet thing anymore, can we have the old version back please?" - BlueRaven
callan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 1:05 PM   #1578
Leigh M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh M View Post
Last one, needed to post a pic of them together

pix
5 and a half years later.

Grown up but still monsters now.

I am glad I bought such a big mou.....cat pad?

Leigh M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 1:12 PM   #1579
PsychoSmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmonster View Post
I have a rescue cat, we love her to bits... she's my best friend... sleeps on my bed at night and waits for me to come home every day... She has little habits which are quite touching where she likes to be close, even if it's just in the same room. I'll be tapping away at the PC for hours and turn around and find she's been there the whole time. Highly intelligent and full of bad attitude.. love it.. She jumps all over me in the morning just to wake me up. She also loves biting and stalking my partner.. Like hiding and then jumping out and biting her leg as she walks past... It's quite funny. Seriously, we love this little cat. Pets add so much to our lives. It's worth investing the time to look after them and develop a bond.

We're responsible cat owners too and don't let her out to roam and hurt wildlife or be hurt. We let her out in the backyard only when we're around. I feel bad about keeping her inside so much however I feel it's the responsible thing to do. At least I know she and the local wildlife are both safe this way.
Don't feel bad for having them indoor only. All our flotilla are either pound/rescue/strays and aren't allowed outside. The local tom we now have was really worked up at first and was pacing around looking for an escape for a week but he's fallen into the trap of domestic bliss and is super chill and nosey for affection (and food... always food).
Old 14th April 2017, 4:57 PM   #1580
Aetherone

Its that time of year again when my furry overlord is feeling the call of the wild.
He's been snipped for years but I think had enough testosterone beforehand that he gets the urges to go finding/fighting other cats.

So, tired of the yowling at the front door, we've been heading down to the beach for walks to burn off some of the aggro.

Check out the puffed tail. We spotted some feral cats in the dunes last week and all he wanted to do was kill them. I got bitten for my trouble. Little shit.
Aetherone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 5:38 PM   #1581
Grom Hellscream

Cold weather is starting to set in and mine just wants to curl up. He loves his beanbag...

Grom Hellscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 7:26 PM   #1582
broccoli

Hey Grom, somebody put your cat together wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankari View Post
I expected this to be bad, but they really put the effort in and took it to a whole new level of atrocious.
broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 2:59 PM   #1583
thecondor

This is our cat Lewis (you got lit up)

We re-homed him from the lost dogs home and my god hes the best.
thecondor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 5:11 PM   #1584
fleetfeather

looks like a Lewis Litt too (in a good way)
5775C @ 4.2 | D15 | 1080Ti FE @ 2.0 | VII IMPACT | 16GB Tactical LP @ 2133 C9 | XP941 256GB | Ultra II 960GB | 460W Fanless | Nano S | X34 Predator + XB271HU | G303 | Artisan Hayate | DT250-80 + D1 + NT-USB
fleetfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 6:26 PM   #1585
shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherone View Post
Its that time of year again when my furry overlord is feeling the call of the wild.
He's been snipped for years but I think had enough testosterone beforehand that he gets the urges to go finding/fighting other cats.

So, tired of the yowling at the front door, we've been heading down to the beach for walks to burn off some of the aggro.

Check out the puffed tail. We spotted some feral cats in the dunes last week and all he wanted to do was kill them. I got bitten for my trouble. Little shit.
Tabbies for the win.
shredder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 10:06 AM   #1586
m0n4g3

Been thinking about making a rather large cat walk/area down the side of the property (has plenty of dirt down that side) for my asshole cat to go down.

how do inside cats usually go with areas outside the house. Mine's NEVER been outside unless in a cat carrier, hell even with the door wide open he doesn't even run out, just sits there smelling and looking into the great beyond stunned out of his mind.

How about disease in general? Is he going to be more susceptible to disease if he is going outside, but in a controlled area?
i7-5930k @ 4.0ghz with EK Supreme-HF | Asus X99 Sabertooth TUF | 2x 980TI SLI with EK CU Blocks | 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 | 256gb Samsung 840pro | Xigmatek Elysium | Danger Den Monsoon D5 Dual Res bay, Koolance PMP-450 Pump | 2x XSPC RX360 Rads with 3xScythe Slipstream 1900rpm each | 3/8" Danger Den Black UV tubing | Red Monsoon Compression fittings
m0n4g3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 10:42 AM   #1587
andurils_sheath

These are our 3 kittens, though they are getting bigger now at about 6 months old. They are so nice having around the house. They are indoor cats only, all 3 were rescued from an abandoned litter.

For any instagram users here go check them out at @the3floofs
Trades ~ imf ~ Dufflover ~ chunksoul ~ grahamrb ~ SickZ ~ BAC :S ~ K-ONE ~ passivekid ~ slyls1 ~ rimma ~ holdenfanatic ~ blk25t ~ Irriven ~ Segression ~ sonicthemouse ~ Redferatu ~ ForneverAlone ~ WarezNimph
andurils_sheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 12:11 PM   #1588
broccoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
even with the door wide open he doesn't even run out, just sits there smelling and looking into the great beyond stunned out of his mind.
My newest cat used to do that. He was very much indoors. He started going outside at some stage, and now he goes out, but he stays the same insofar as you'll usually find him on his bed (or my bed, sigh). With an enclosed area, it'll just be an expansion of his available area. There might be a learning curve with a catflap if that's your access way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
How about disease in general? Is he going to be more susceptible to disease if he is going outside, but in a controlled area?
There might be fleas in the dirt, but I think most disease is transmitted the same way as with us, by contact with somebody affected. We don't usually just catch things in our own backyard unless we've invited a guest over who has "whatever".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankari View Post
I expected this to be bad, but they really put the effort in and took it to a whole new level of atrocious.
broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 1:33 PM   #1589
encode

This is Gallifrey. She's my first cat, just got her this week
Old 12th May 2017, 1:53 PM   #1590
Scarpetta

Her eyes are stunning
Scarpetta is online now   Reply With Quote