OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 19th April 2017, 6:26 PM   #91
ChinoPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
Mine runs @ 90fps @ 4k, with everything on low except for view distance and textures which are ultra and high, and screen scale @ 90.

It's not about the pretty, it's about fluid, and removing all the shit so that you can see people moving!

It's been about both for me

Didn't they patch that, where people turned a setting low so that they can't hide behind bushes?
UnRAID -22TB:C2SEA|E3300|2x2GB|4x5TB WD Red+3x2TB WD Green+1TB Green|Linux 4.1.18-unRAID
Successful Trades | Fitness Blog
ChinoPD is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 19th April 2017, 6:32 PM   #92
^catalyst

Next patch will alter foliage, so that the same amount is displayed regardless of the quality setting. This will mean hiding in grass will become a *lot* more popular...
^catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2017, 6:37 PM   #93
ChinoPD

Ah fair enough. I just a YT video it looks like recommended settings are Ultra everything while keeping shadows and foliage very low. Gives you a bit of fps boost, makes the game look pretty and washed out, while still being equally competitive against other players.
UnRAID -22TB:C2SEA|E3300|2x2GB|4x5TB WD Red+3x2TB WD Green+1TB Green|Linux 4.1.18-unRAID
Successful Trades | Fitness Blog
ChinoPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2017, 7:05 PM   #94
m0n4g3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoPD View Post
Ah fair enough. I just a YT video it looks like recommended settings are Ultra everything while keeping shadows and foliage very low. Gives you a bit of fps boost, makes the game look pretty and washed out, while still being equally competitive against other players.
Do that @ 4k and then come back to me saying you get an fps boost LOL!

AA is turned off for me as @ 4k don't need it. Post processing does make it look pretty but can tank about 20fps. Shadows are the same really, so max i would recommend them is @ medium to get the atmosphere, but really.... it's not necessary.

Foliage is definitely not necessary IMHO, and textures i like on high as it gives you better definition with long range sniping. view distance well, yeah definitely ultra. It may be completely different in 1080p but yeah 4k you can't have anything past medium without massive hits to fps.
i7-5930k @ 4.0ghz with EK Supreme-HF | Asus X99 Sabertooth TUF | 2x 980TI SLI with EK CU Blocks | 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 | 256gb Samsung 840pro | Xigmatek Elysium | Danger Den Monsoon D5 Dual Res bay, Koolance PMP-450 Pump | 2x XSPC RX360 Rads with 3xScythe Slipstream 1900rpm each | 3/8" Danger Den Black UV tubing | Red Monsoon Compression fittings
m0n4g3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2017, 7:19 PM   #95
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
Do that @ 4k and then come back to me saying you get an fps boost LOL!

AA is turned off for me as @ 4k don't need it. Post processing does make it look pretty but can tank about 20fps. Shadows are the same really, so max i would recommend them is @ medium to get the atmosphere, but really.... it's not necessary.

Foliage is definitely not necessary IMHO, and textures i like on high as it gives you better definition with long range sniping. view distance well, yeah definitely ultra. It may be completely different in 1080p but yeah 4k you can't have anything past medium without massive hits to fps.
i thought you was over MP games?
XBOX Live: The Gh0sts | Steam: Th3_Gh0sts | PSN: TheGhosts (AU) - TheGh0sts_CA (CA) | Origin: Th3_Gh0sts - RSSC: Chillawhat | UPlay: spartan33 | Battle.Net: Th3Gh0sts#1131
Current PC: Metabox Prime-X P870DM-G with a GTX 1070N GPU
My Web & Graphic Design Portfolio | My EBay Listings | Overwatch Vids
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 9:27 AM   #96
tek_01

some of those changes couldnt come soon enough !
Old 20th April 2017, 6:29 PM   #97
^catalyst

Update is released, 5.3GB download on steam :

Quote:
Early Access - Month 1 - Patch Notes

Known issues
The motorbike leans slightly to the right when being driven straight.
The tires of the motorbike cannot be shot out at the moment
[Non-English Players] There are some mistranslated in-game texts and they will be shown in English

Client Performance Improvements
Made some improvements to address the issue of FPS drops when opening the inventory UI
Reduced the load on the CPU through instance rendering so that the GPUs can function to their full capabilities
Made improvements to address the issue of FPS severely dropping when in the vicinity of Yasnaya, Polyana & Georgopol
Rendering performance on PCs with minimum system requirements has been improved
Graphic performance and quality on PCs with minimum system requirements has been improved

Server Performance Improvements
Performance improvements have been made with relation to the items spawned in the world

Content Updates
Added Vector SMG. A very powerful SMG most appropriate for short to mid-range combat that is spawned in the world
Added Motorbike w/ sidecar. A sidecar-less version will be added in a future update
Added a 2X Aimpoint scope
Added a Ballistic Mask
Added 3 new color variations for the Dacia
Added the crossbow back into the game

World
Adjusted the density of environmental elements to be identical across all graphic options
Adjusted object placement to address issues of characters getting stuck
Adjusted placement of trees that were spawning inside houses or above the terrain
Adjusted the frequency of thunder sound effects

UI
Revised certain system messages and item descriptions.
Added descriptions for attachments
The dead team-mate icon will now disappear after a certain time and distance when in team modes
Map markers are now visible to all teammates
Names of teammates now appear on the world map

Gameplay
You are now able to move sideways and backwards in the REVIVE state
The REVIVE timer will no longer decrease when a team mate is attempting to revive you
When attempting to revive a team mate, the reviving timer icon will now also be visible to the player being revived
Adjusted the character position slightly when in the REVIVE state
Made improvements to address the issue of characters shaking while being spectated
You are now able to open the world map when spectating
You can now view the casting bar when the teammate you are spectating uses heal and/or boost items
You can no longer use heal and/or boost items when in water

Action/Gunplay
Adjusted the overall balance on all attachments
Adjusted the overall balance on Assault Rifles
We will continue to balance all weapons and attachments throughout Early Access
Fixed the issue that caused cars to temporarily stop when their tires get shot out
You can now sprint when in the crouch stance
Fixed the issue of “Armed/Unarmed” state not being applied when there are delays in the server network
The blood hit effect size now varies according to the weapon caliber
You can now move when in aiming and/or scoping in the prone state
Fixed an issue with the sitting position of the character in the back-right seat of the UAZ
Fixed an issue with the position of the left hand when reloading the AWM
Fixed an issue where aiming from vehicles was not accurate
The positions of bullet hits are now the same for both yourself and the others
Fixed an issue that caused the hit box for the head to be slightly larger than the actual head
Adjusted the ragdoll physics for dead characters to be more natural
Fixed an issue that caused the character to use the wrong aim offset when using the freelook function while holding a grenade
Fixed an issue that caused the landing-from-a-high-altitude motion to seem awkward when holding a pistol
Improved the quality of zoomed-in scope views
Bolt actions are now triggered even after the final shot has been fired, so that you can starti re-firing as soon as reload is complete
Added swimming animations to go upwards and downwards
Fixed an issue that caused the reticle to appear even when in situations where you are not able to shoot
Your character now uses a different animation when in crouch stance while holding a melee weapon
Made improvements to the reload animations for the M249
Made improvements to the reload animations for the P1911
The muzzle flash is now brighter than before and is now visible from a longer distance

Sound
There are now sound effect differences for supersonic and non-supersonic bullet speeds
Made adjustments so that the sound of the bullet flying through air doesn’t play when shots are fired from a short distance from your character
You can now figure out what floor the opponents are at just by listening to their footsteps
Adjusted the firing sound of the SKS in mid to long range combat
Adjusted the volume of the footsteps

Miscellaneous
We have opened a test server to better manage our content and secure stability for our live environment updates
Additional in-game texts have been localized

Bug fixes
Fixed a bug that caused some buildings to not be visible at long distance
Fixed a bug that caused a knocked out player to be ejected in front of a vehicle. If knocked out in a vehicle, you will now be ejected to the side
Fixed a bug that caused weapons to clip through walls
Fixed a bug that caused the icons for certain “pants” items to not appear correctly
Fixed a bug that caused the PLAYERUNKNOWN shoes to not render properly
Fixed a bug that caused the hit effects to play at random
Fixed a bug that caused bald characters to have hair
Fixed a bug that caused disconnects after 5 minutes into a match
^catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 11:55 AM   #98
Dukey

I really gotta get in on this, my steam list now has everyone playing it so guessing it's fun.
Overwatch | Diablo 3 | - Dukey#1913
STEAM | Origin | Dukeyx
Dukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 3:18 PM   #99
Ogre

The last update improved the game a great deal.
Rig: i7 920 | eVGA X58 SLI LE | 6GB Corsair | Saphire R9 380X | Samsung 2350 | SB Titanium HD | G15 | Corsair 800D | Intel 80GB SSD| Samsung 512GB 950 Pro | BD MMX 300 | Corsair H80i GT | Corsair HX750 | Win7 Ult
Steam/Origin ID: Sublym3
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 6:30 PM   #100
AERO

played my first 4 games or so, isnt saving my statistics in game which is annoying, 1 games i was half way through and i timed out which is bs, never have issues with any other games, few games i died off the bat.

got to 20th one game, just got to 30th but i revealed myself too early. even when im hidden some people can snipe from distances which my weapon doesnt seem to be able to zoom/scope to.

have tried a few weapons and enjoyed the general experience. think ill be putting in a bit more time into this game i think. certainly buggy but also fun.

sometimes its a bit slow going but then again everyones probably in the same boat camping and waiting for the bubble to get smaller.

might have to watch some vids, had bandages yesterday but they couldnt be used only played solo and in oceanic server, seems to default to the asian server every game
Old 21st April 2017, 7:24 PM   #101
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO View Post
played my first 4 games or so, isnt saving my statistics in game which is annoying, 1 games i was half way through and i timed out which is bs, never have issues with any other games, few games i died off the bat.
Servers can go down mid game and people drop, they are working on server side networking stuff at the moment, but they have given no ETA.

Also the stats are broken down by region and game type. I am pretty sure just like the server selection, stats default to Asia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO View Post
might have to watch some vids, had bandages yesterday but they couldnt be used only played solo and in oceanic server, seems to default to the asian server every game
Bandages and First aid kits only work if you have less that 75% health, otherwise they do nothing.

You need energy drinks or pain killers to heal the last 25%

There is also a Med kit which heals you completely.
Rig: i7 920 | eVGA X58 SLI LE | 6GB Corsair | Saphire R9 380X | Samsung 2350 | SB Titanium HD | G15 | Corsair 800D | Intel 80GB SSD| Samsung 512GB 950 Pro | BD MMX 300 | Corsair H80i GT | Corsair HX750 | Win7 Ult
Steam/Origin ID: Sublym3
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 7:27 PM   #102
AERO

yea i had used an energy drink and a medkit, and i realise its a early access, think they can go places with it
Old 21st April 2017, 9:07 PM   #103
ZXR

Just ran myself over again crossing the bridge between the mainland and the airbase. That's about the 5th time I've managed to run myself over being too quick to exit the car.

5 stars. Would run over myself again. :P

As above, I've had a few timeout issues, but still having a blast with this game.
Old 21st April 2017, 9:17 PM   #104
Sphinx2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Bandages and First aid kits only work if you have less that 75% health, otherwise they do nothing.
I believe this is indicated by the white health bar turning red after going lower than 75%.
Sphinx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 2:26 AM   #105
Renegade40D

I really wish people would play within the spirit of the game and not resort to cheating to get a win (not hacking, cheating).

Just played a great duo game up until the end when there was 6 alive, we were hiding and saw 2 people at the top of the hill, then a 3rd came over the hill and we are waiting for the fighting to start so we can take advantage but no nothing happened. Than a 4th came over the hill and what do you know its 2 duo's clearly working together to get a massive advantage. As far as i am concerned it's as blatant a form of cheating as you can get before you resort to hacks.

I have no problems losing the game, but that just plain ruins it, it is really sad that some people resort to this because winning and stats are so important and they clearly don't have the skill to win a squad match.