Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Photography & Video

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 6th August 2017, 9:28 AM   #16
Michael H

The Godox AD-B2 bracket has been tested, the results look good: http://tinyurl.com/y8vxtzmj
Michael H is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 6th August 2017, 10:48 AM   #17
FranchiseJuan Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael H View Post
The Godox AD-B2 bracket has been tested, the results look good: http://tinyurl.com/y8vxtzmj
Oh man I am ordering this as soon as I get home. Why does Kayell not have this in stock right now.
FranchiseJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2017, 1:21 PM   #18
Michael H

The reviewer got one of the first copies, even Adorama does not have stock yet. It will take a few weeks to get through the retail channels.
Old 9th August 2017, 9:35 PM   #19
Michael H

Kayell now has the Godox AD-B2 adapter listed for $99.00, but its out of stock (which means its not yet in stock): http://www.kayellaustralia.com.au/go...lb-p-7001.html
Old 10th August 2017, 12:21 AM   #20

Quote:
Kayell now has the Godox AD-B2 adapter listed for $99.00, but its out of stock (which means its not yet in stock): http://www.kayellaustralia.com.au/go...lb-p-7001.html
Yeah I saw that as well. Debating if I would get it faster if I preorder through Kayell or if I ordered off ebay.
Old 10th August 2017, 8:49 AM   #21
Michael H

I am finding EBay delivery times are terrible.
Old 10th August 2017, 3:21 PM   #22

Quote:
I am finding EBay delivery times are terrible.
Here shows in stock in Australia. Should only take a week or so to get to me. Now the only questions is, should I get one or two of these? I have two AD200s right now, but from what I can see is that this is better than the Bowens bracket that I have right now.
Old 10th August 2017, 3:32 PM   #23

I just saw that there was a AD-L. When did that come out? I want to get one of those too, but I have no idea how much power the LED lights in the AD-B2 is, and if that is enough if I want to use those as my LED lights.

After all this I might have to get another battery for the AD200. I only have 3 total across two lights, but if I get all these other things, I might be using these lights a lot more.....
Old 10th August 2017, 4:31 PM   #24
NNotNENN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranchiseJuan View Post
I just saw that there was a AD-L. When did that come out?
Haha yeah Godox seem to be pumping these products out!

Love the AD200 but haven't got around to grabbing a softbox adapter for mine and now wondering if I spring for the AD-B2 instead as it looks like it has a few advantages even when just using one AD200.

I'm sure Godox are probably guilty of a bit of patent infringement but damn if they aren't putting in a heap of good features that I am really starting to love (e.g. t.1 flash duration on display, wireless triggering/power control built in that 'just works', buttload of ports if you need em, good mounting options).
Old 10th August 2017, 5:35 PM   #25

After the latest round of accessories came out, I been thinking that this (AD200) is probably the most versatile lighting equipment I have owned. If I get the LED attachment, it can be my video light, my on location light, my studio light (with the AD-B2) and hair light in studio on a boom arm.

What they really need now is an AC attachment/converter and I might have to go and get a couple more AD200.

At the moment I will probably get one each of the AD-B2 and AD-L to test, and see how I go.

I have also been thinking what to do studio lighting wise, since I have 4 Bowens 500W heads, but Bowens is going out of business and I am starting to worry about support down the track.

Edit: Well I purchased one each of the AD-B2 and AD-L. Let see how I go with those.

Last edited by FranchiseJuan; 10th August 2017 at 5:40 PM.
Old 10th August 2017, 7:52 PM   #26
Michael H

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranchiseJuan View Post
I just saw that there was a AD-L. When did that come out? .
It was announced a month or two ago.

Back to eBay, stating the stock is in Australia is often false. Although one of the tell-tale signs is not there on that item. If you look at additional postage cost and express post says $99, it is almost certainly not in Australia.

Last edited by Michael H; 10th August 2017 at 7:55 PM.
Old 10th August 2017, 8:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Back to eBay, stating the stock is in Australia is often false. Although one of the tell-tale signs is not there on that item. If you look at additional postage cost and express post says $99, it is almost certainly not in Australia.
That is sometimes the case, but I have had stuff posted to me that was definitely posted from Aus (Australian post mark and return address) and they showed express postage as almost $100. In any case I already ordered it, as with discount codes it works out to be much cheaper than Kayell, who don't have stock right now anyway.
Old 13th August 2017, 7:26 PM   #28
Michael H

Default AD200 bling

AD200 bling, now you can get coloured silicone cases for the AD200: http://tinyurl.com/ydymlpol

More info at Flash havoc: http://flashhavoc.com/flashpoint-evo...kins-released/
Old 13th August 2017, 8:52 PM   #29

WTF. Why would anyone want one of those?
Old 13th August 2017, 10:43 PM   #30
Pinkeh

Hmm shock protection?
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote