Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 13th August 2017, 8:02 AM   #571
Benno1988

I constantly change between 1st and 3rd.so roaming around outside, mostly 3rd. Using the camera to see more.

As soon as I go inside, flick to 1st. You see more, and clearer. The camera doesn't work well enough indoors, too clunky. And better for close up 1v1, which happens inside.

Only thing I wish would be ability to be quieter. Why can't I walk slowly and be near quiet. Why is it still slap slap slap slap slap.
Benno1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 13th August 2017, 9:00 AM   #572
r8response

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker_2003 View Post
yeah but I dont mind if people gang up in FFA.. probably because I dont take the game too seriously, for stat whores and competitive types, its the wrong game for you for many reasons.
Then what's the point of Solo if people like yourself have no issue cheating?
Old 13th August 2017, 10:42 AM   #573
walker_2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno1988 View Post
I constantly change between 1st and 3rd.so roaming around outside, mostly 3rd. Using the camera to see more.

As soon as I go inside, flick to 1st. You see more, and clearer. The camera doesn't work well enough indoors, too clunky. And better for close up 1v1, which happens inside.

Only thing I wish would be ability to be quieter. Why can't I walk slowly and be near quiet. Why is it still slap slap slap slap slap.
big disadvantage sticking to FPP inside on third person server. Stick to FPP only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8response View Post
Then what's the point of Solo if people like yourself have no issue cheating?
I dont consider it cheating, but I treat this game diff to stuff like CS:GO or overwatch. I have never teamed up on solo btw
Old 13th August 2017, 11:02 AM   #574
^catalyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoPD View Post
catalyst that's an awesome guide, cheers mang
You're welcome.

Been smashing a fair bit of the FPP squads, its defo a better game. Not sure why people would say the gunplay is 'clunky'; ARMA is clunky. PUBG is on the unreal engine so its pretty smooth. I think a lot of it comes down to the engagement distances which can be quite a long longer than a lot of common FPS.
^catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 11:18 AM   #575
walker_2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^catalyst View Post
You're welcome.

Been smashing a fair bit of the FPP squads, its defo a better game. Not sure why people would say the gunplay is 'clunky'; ARMA is clunky. PUBG is on the unreal engine so its pretty smooth. I think a lot of it comes down to the engagement distances which can be quite a long longer than a lot of common FPS.
go play a round of bf1 or squad the feel of the guns/movement is light years ahead

Its def clunky, a certain degree of it is on purpose though.
Old 13th August 2017, 5:06 PM   #576
Benno1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker_2003 View Post
big disadvantage sticking to FPP inside on third person server. Stick to FPP only.
Don't agree. And I don't stick to FP inside, I flick to it to entry frag and move quickly. If I'm going slow inside, go TP to check around corners etc, then flick to first to engage. Really is super easy to switch between, nice and quick. Pro's and cons to each view, so getting comfortable and used to switching a lot helps I think.
Old 13th August 2017, 5:10 PM   #577
Benno1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^catalyst View Post
You're welcome.

It is clunky. The servers are average. The input lag is bad. Its glitchy. Its buggy. Add it all together and you have clunky. CSGO isn't clunky. BF1 isn't clunky. You need accurate and consistent aiming and movement, just isn't there yet. Imagine it'll get better.

The input lag is still killing me. Done what I can find to make it better, but still feels off. Getting good frames, G-Sync on, G-sync off, no diff. Just game in its current state I think.
Old 13th August 2017, 6:52 PM   #578
renren

OK guys here is what I mean when I say I think I'm aiming ok... why do the shots not connect here? (this guy turned around and shot me after, can't bear to show that...)

Old 13th August 2017, 6:56 PM   #579
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by renren View Post
OK guys here is what I mean when I say I think I'm aiming ok... why do the shots not connect here? (this guy turned around and shot me after, can't bear to show that...)

movie
Invisible wall, you get them on edges of terrain sometimes
Rig: i7 920 | eVGA X58 SLI LE | 6GB Corsair | Saphire R9 380X | Samsung 2350 | SB Titanium HD | G15 | Corsair 800D | Intel 80GB SSD| Samsung 512GB 950 Pro | BD MMX 300 | Corsair H80i GT | Corsair HX750 | Win7 Ult
Steam/Origin ID: Sublym3
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 6:57 PM   #580
renren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Invisible wall, you get them on edges of terrain sometimes
It happens to me all the damn time
Old 13th August 2017, 7:33 PM   #581
BluBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by renren View Post

movie
I believe the game over compensate for round trajectory.
Scopes are only accurate at two points, given the straight line of sight vs a curving round shot from underneath the scope.

https://www.ammoland.com/2014/06/how...r-ar-15-rifle/

Given that you were so close, the round would have been lower than what you were looking at. With the game over compensating, it ends up with most of my shots going into the dirt
Learn: oVirt and GlusterFS on 3 x Intel i5 NUC with 256Gb SSD, 16GB DDR3L
BluBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 12:52 AM   #582
recoN

The directional audio in this game is totally worthless. You hear shots but there's barely any indication of where it came from (mid range).
recoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 8:09 AM   #583
maldotcom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoN View Post
The directional audio in this game is totally worthless. You hear shots but there's barely any indication of where it came from (mid range).
I can hear direction quite well with headphones, I often call out to my squad mates "shots at 120" or something like that. It's definitely better sound than the last two Battlefield games.

Up close is where the directional audio becomes a bit confusing, especially if you get ambushed in a hail of gunfire. Although I guess that's realistic, being within 10m of a firearm discharging is equally deafening in both ears.
Intel i7 6700K | Asus Z170M-Plus | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | OS: 250 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Games: 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD | EVGA Supernova G2 650W | Fractal Node 804 | Custom Water Loop
maldotcom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 8:22 AM   #584
Hookimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoN View Post
After you hear the first shot, turn 90 degrees and listen to the next shot direction and then add them both together to figure out where they are.

Atleast that's what i do.
Intel i7 5960X | ASUS Rampage V Extreme | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 | EVGA Titan X (Maxwell) Superclocked | 3x Acer Predator XB270HU | HyperX Predator 480GB PCI-E SSD | Intel 750 Series 500GB Sata SSD | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair 900D
Hookimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 9:45 AM   #585
olie

I love this game, and hate it so much at the same time.

On the directional audio side, I find it not too bad; unless you are getting double teamed from multiple directions.

This is some video from a clan mate:

This happens all the time; especially in duo matches; you suddenly get surrounded by four people, and after you die they don't shoot at each other.