Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Retro & Arcade > Retro - For Sale, WTB, Price Check, Give Away

Notices

Old 14th September 2017, 9:31 AM   #1
MonoJoker Thread Starter

Default WTB 19" 4:3 or similar LCD displays

Hi guys,

Does anyone sell these any more? I've had a couple kicking around in my shed for ages which I'm finally using for MAME cab builds for friends/family. But now I'm out and would like one or two more for future builds. Will consider widescreen but 4:3 is best for landscape mount and playing portrait/landscape games. Also can go bigger sizes depending on price. Last time I bought some 19s they were 20 or 30 bux a go, where have they all gone, landfill???

Cheers.
MonoJoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 9:32 AM   #2
power

eBay or bumtree - i haven't seen 4:3 in retail for some time.
Old 14th September 2017, 9:36 AM   #3
rumski

Mate I have a Samsung Syncmaster 19” 940N, reserve $20 if you are interested let me know.
Old 14th September 2017, 10:16 AM   #4
MonoJoker Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
eBay or bumtree - i haven't seen 4:3 in retail for some time.
Yeah I've had a look, shipping is the killer on Ebay and my location means there's not much around. But I'll have another Gumtree look and line up a couple to make the drive worthwhile. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumski View Post
Mate I have a Samsung Syncmaster 19” 940N, reserve $20 if you are interested let me know.
Cheers mate, just have to organise a trip to the Gold Coast to pickup - or do you venture towards Brisbane much?
Old 14th September 2017, 11:07 AM   #5
Technics

Just be aware that most 19" are actually 5:4 and not 4:3. The most readily available, reasonably large 4:3 is probably the 20" Dell 2007fb or 2007fpb (not the 2007fpw which is the 16:9 version). They are good, wide angle IPS panels as well. I've got a few I picked up for under $30 but you have to wait for them to show up on eBay or Scumtree.

Edit: Also look for the HP LP2065. Pretty much the same monitor. They seem to be less common though.
Disclaimer: Any statements made in this post that are not based on historical fact are forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statements made in this post represent Technics's best judgment as to what may occur in the future. However, the actual outcome and results are not guaranteed and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions (“Future Factors”), and may differ materially from what is expressed.

Last edited by Technics; 14th September 2017 at 11:17 AM.
Technics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 11:15 AM   #6
MonoJoker Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technics View Post
Just be aware that most 19" are actually 5:4 and not 4:3. The most readily available, reasonably large 4:3 is probably the 20" Dell 2007fb or 2007fpb. They are good, wide angle IPS panels as well. I've got a few I picked up for under $30 but you have to wait for them to show up on eBay or Scumtree.
Oh, sorry, was using 4:3 as a generic term to mean non-widescreen I should edit the title actually to just WTB 18-20" LCDs, cheers.
Old 15th September 2017, 7:32 PM   #7
mkusanagi

Dell 2007fp is what you want.
  • 20" 4:3 1600x1200 resolution
  • S-IPS or S-PVA panels (though every single one i've bought has been S-IPS)
  • Composite, S-Video, RGB, DVI, VGA input
  • Picture in picture (should the need arise)
  • Sync on green
  • 12v output (technically for speaker bar but can be used anyway)
  • Inbuilt 240v PSU, no need for additional power brick
  • 4 port USB hub

I'm pretty sure it does 15khz over VGA as well, I'm actually going to be testing this out in a few days so can come back and confirm if it is possible.

You can get an A grade one for around $40-$50 on eBay, B grade for around $30 plus shiping. Well worth it, I use two in portrait as every day screens on my workstation. Have a couple as test screens and have one in my scratch built arcade unit.

Even though they're 10-ish years old I have not come across a better non-wide screen.

There are 2007fp and 2007fpb, the difference is that the fpb came with the speaker bar at time of purchase. You can still get NOS speaker bars if you want. The 2007wfp is widescreen. A fantastic monitor in its own right, but we're talking 5:4 panels here.

Last edited by mkusanagi; 16th September 2017 at 7:46 PM.
mkusanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 10:11 PM   #8
Technics

I've always thought the 2007FP was true 4:3 not 5:4? I any case they are worth looking out for.
Disclaimer: Any statements made in this post that are not based on historical fact are forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statements made in this post represent Technics's best judgment as to what may occur in the future. However, the actual outcome and results are not guaranteed and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions (“Future Factors”), and may differ materially from what is expressed.
Technics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2017, 7:46 PM   #9
mkusanagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technics View Post
I've always thought the 2007FP was true 4:3 not 5:4? I any case they are worth looking out for.
I had to check on mine and you're right it's 4:3.

30.5cm high and 41cm across
mkusanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2017, 12:00 PM   #10
rumski

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumski View Post
Cheers mate, just have to organise a trip to the Gold Coast to pickup - or do you venture towards Brisbane much?
mate i might get near to Brisbane this Thursday if that works for you?