Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Networking, Telephony & Internet

Notices

Old Yesterday, 3:31 PM   #1396
caspian

I can check your individual line if you like to verify that what the manual says is correct and that it's just a peculiarity of the GUI. or if it's not broken, don't fix it is good too.

I found quite a few of them around the network, so either everyone is reading the manual or you can either set it to "on" or DSLAM-controlled and get the same result? I don't have one in my lab to verify, unfortunately.

Please do not contact me directly for advice on NBN related issues. Your ISP is your contact point for support. If they can't or more likely won't help you, why are you rewarding them with your business?
caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 4:06 PM   #1397
BelowAverageIQ

Caspian, I would have thought you would have Beaker as your avatar, having a lab and all

http://gph.is/1jfH2kH
BelowAverageIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #1398
TRG.dOinK

Can HFC NBN be working and then not be? Sounds stupid, but my brother in-law switched over to NBN HFC last Monday, I went there, set it up, all was working fine with good speed.

Three days later, there's no net, and the modem lights are flashing, meaning somethings wrong on the NBN side of things.

I told my brother in law to give it a day or two, probably some outage but still there is no net. He rang ABB and was told NBN isn't activated or provisioned or something? I'm only getting second hand information but to me that does not sound right at all, I doubt it can work for a day or two, and then not be activated? Something doesn't sound right to me.

Last edited by TRG.dOinK; Yesterday at 10:43 PM.
TRG.dOinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 7:28 AM   #1399
caspian

outages are outages, the only thing I'd expect the access seeker to check for is whether it's planned work or not.

doubt the service has become unprovisioned though, sounds a bit like chinese whispers getting lost in translation there. if the service isn't working then ABB should be logging a fault with NBN, to my knowledge HFC modem lights should be on all the time or there's an issue.

Please do not contact me directly for advice on NBN related issues. Your ISP is your contact point for support. If they can't or more likely won't help you, why are you rewarding them with your business?
caspian is offline   Reply With Quote