Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM   #781
Bourke

It happens to all of us at some point, I got runned down while laying in a depression on top of a small hill, like wtf.
Got a 2nd in solo, with no sight picture and a red dot/AK..ugh
Went 8th I think in solo with 4 kills, I avg 1 or 0.5 kills..
Went 3rd in Squads, had best loadout, meds for days, suppressed Ruger 14+x8 and M4 + x2, was sniping between houses at 300m, even shooting between the wood boards in a yellow country house...good for confidence
Bourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM   #782
Benno1988

I'm dropping the ball in the last 5 lately. A fair few 6-10 kill 2nd to 5th placings. Not converting!
Benno1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 4:45 PM   #783
combatant3219

Grr my aim aim on moving targets is atrocious, let me down in the last few games.
combatant3219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 5:04 PM   #784
Benno1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatant3219 View Post
Grr my aim aim on moving targets is atrocious, let me down in the last few games.
Watch that video by wacky Jacky on YouTube? Just about how far to lead. Generally it isn't as far as I feel it should be, unless using the VSS.
Benno1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 5:43 PM   #785
^catalyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatant3219 View Post
I've started gradually reducing my sensitivity in game to combat this, I often over-track etc. So far, so good.
^catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 7:39 PM   #786
ChinoPD

Interesting PUBG fps:

http://wccftech.com/intel-core-i9-79...s-eeverything/

Doesn't say what settings though. Beware of comments section, its cancerous.
UnRAID -22TB:C2SEA|E3300|2x2GB|4x5TB WD Red+3x2TB WD Green+1TB Green|Linux 4.1.18-unRAID
Successful Trades | Fitness Blog
ChinoPD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 7:44 PM   #787
walker_2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoPD View Post
Interesting PUBG fps:

http://wccftech.com/intel-core-i9-79...s-eeverything/

Doesn't say what settings though. Beware of comments section, its cancerous.
not sure how accurate that is, unless game is using more then 4C 8T and really well?

I think the perf per core is about on par with 7700k but the 7700k has higher clocks.
Old Yesterday, 7:46 PM   #788
Ghoatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^catalyst View Post
I've started gradually reducing my sensitivity in game to combat this, I often over-track etc. So far, so good.
For years I've set my sensitivity in games by going to whatever feels comfortable to me, then setting it about 10-15% lower. Usually ends up pretty much spot on after a 10-15mins of gameplay.
Ghoatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 8:54 AM   #789
walker_2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno1988 View Post
Yeah.

So I have a MSI 1080ti Gaming X in OC mode. 7700k @ 4.8

3440x1440

97 fps locked with GSync on.

Screen Scale - 100
Ultra AA
High Draw Distance
Medium Textures

Rest are very low, things like having more foliage and more shadows don't really help see the enemy better.

Then in NVidia control panel a few likes like Max Prerendered Frames set to 1, things set to favor performance etc etc.
why 97fps? very specific amount? Also what does max prerendered frames 1 do?

Got a chicken dinner last night + a ~ 800m single-first shot with AK knockout without dialling it in.. I had 8x scope and took a shot for fun of it.. had to aim a full body length above him.. shadowplay highlights captured it but I forgot to click save

Last edited by walker_2003; Today at 9:10 AM.
walker_2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 9:22 AM   #790
ChinoPD

I was curious too. There are a lot of results people setting this to 1 as well as people recommending setting it to 1 also (except for the link below), instead of the default which is letting the application handle it. I will this over this week.

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_7.html

Quote:
Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames: This setting controls the size of the Context Queue, also known as the Flip Queue or Render Ahead Queue, as explained in this article. The context queue is a buffer (storage area) for custom data which has been prepared specifically for processing by the GPU. In simple terms, this option controls the maximum number of frames the CPU prepares in advance of being rendered by the GPU. The benefit of having frame data buffered in advance of being processed by the GPU is that it helps keep the GPU consistently fed with data, smoothing out any small variations in rendering times. The disadvantage of buffering frame data in advance of displaying it is that it can increase latency, i.e. a delay between your input via keyboard or mouse, and the resulting impact on the image displayed, commonly referred to as input lag.

The available options for this setting are Use the 3D Application Setting, 1, 2, 3 and 4. When set to Use the 3D Application Setting, games will either use their own value, possibly determined by an in-game setting, or the Windows default of 3. If you wish to override this, you can specify precisely how many frames can be pre-rendered here ranging from 1 to 4 frames. In theory, higher values ensure smoother framerates but with potentially more input lag, while lower values can help reduce input lag, but may result in stuttering or lower performance. In practice however, the impact of altering this setting appears to be quite complex. In some cases, lowering this setting may actually reduce stuttering or improve performance, likely on systems where the CPU is much slower than the GPU. So some experimentation is required to determine the optimal setting for each game on your system.

Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames setting is not the same as Triple Buffering, a setting that is covered in more detail further below. The key difference is that Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames controls the size of the data queue feeding rendering commands to the GPU to maintain smooth framerates, while Triple Buffering is a back-buffer configuration designed specifically to prevent a significant reduction in performance whenever the framerate falls below the refresh rate while Vertical Sync is enabled. Game developers sometimes confuse the issue further by using variations or amalgamations of these two setting names in an unclear fashion (e.g. "GPU Max Buffered Frames").

It is recommended that Maximum Pre-rendered Frames be set to Use the 3D Application Setting under Global Settings. For particular games where you are experiencing stuttering, first try changing this setting to a high value of 4 under Program Settings to see if it helps smooth things out. If that makes things worse, or you can't tolerate the input lag, experiment with progressively lower values. Of course if a game has its own settings related to frame buffering or precaching, use those in the first instance. Keep in mind that stuttering has numerous other causes if changing this setting has no impact. Finally, note that this setting only works in DirectX games, not OpenGL games.
UnRAID -22TB:C2SEA|E3300|2x2GB|4x5TB WD Red+3x2TB WD Green+1TB Green|Linux 4.1.18-unRAID
Successful Trades | Fitness Blog
ChinoPD is online now   Reply With Quote