Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Extreme and Water Cooling

Notices

Old 11th October 2017, 7:01 PM   #1
ElowynOceania Thread Starter

Default Question about my loop

It appears that I have micro bubbles along the tubing
https://imgur.com/gallery/WQAtJ
Are these normal?
How would I get rid of them?
First hardline tubing project so yeah
Old 11th October 2017, 7:31 PM   #2
juzz86

Over time, they will all join together and work their way out.

No dramas mate
Old 11th October 2017, 7:58 PM   #3
StreekG

Yeah i am currently waiting for mine to just go away, don't stress about it. What is making me annoyed are the ones i can see in the waterblock, they don't budge
Case: NZXT H630 CPU: Intel i7 6850K. Cooling: Custom CPU Loop. Motherboard: MSI X99a Gaming Pro Carbon. RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2666. GFX: MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning . Power: Seasonic XP-1050 Platinum OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Snake Edition Cherry Red Mouse: Steelseries Sensei
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD \ WD 1TB Caviar Black
StreekG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 9:56 PM   #4
juzz86

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreekG View Post
Yeah i am currently waiting for mine to just go away, don't stress about it. What is making me annoyed are the ones i can see in the waterblock, they don't budge
Cycle your pump a few times, and vary flow if possible. A bit of gentle rocking may also help.

I had the same last pull-down, same old block I've used for ages but bubbles got stuck this time because the loop is a bit fancier than normal (has a VRM block in it now, too). Worked its way out after a few pump cycles and a gentle rock
Old 11th October 2017, 11:31 PM   #5
StreekG

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzz86 View Post
Cycle your pump a few times, and vary flow if possible. A bit of gentle rocking may also help.

I had the same last pull-down, same old block I've used for ages but bubbles got stuck this time because the loop is a bit fancier than normal (has a VRM block in it now, too). Worked its way out after a few pump cycles and a gentle rock
Nothing seems to work, I've had it on every angle and while some bubbles came out, new ones emerged in there in the tighter passages, I heard something about adding a few drops of dish soap will this help?
Case: NZXT H630 CPU: Intel i7 6850K. Cooling: Custom CPU Loop. Motherboard: MSI X99a Gaming Pro Carbon. RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2666. GFX: MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning . Power: Seasonic XP-1050 Platinum OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Snake Edition Cherry Red Mouse: Steelseries Sensei
Old 12th October 2017, 7:40 AM   #6
juzz86

Yes, just one drop though unless your loop is mammoth mate - you don't want too much detergent in there
Old 12th October 2017, 8:48 AM   #7
StreekG

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzz86 View Post
Yes, just one drop though unless your loop is mammoth mate - you don't want too much detergent in there
Thanks i'll try. I had the loop running while i slept and nothing changed so will do just one drop and see.
Old 13th October 2017, 9:10 AM   #8
Gmk2

What is your pump speed set to - running it up to max makes a huge difference if your not already doing so. You can also check your reservoir - if the water level is low you could be sucking bubbles / air back through the loop. Another trick is to run a long burn in type test and get some heat into the loop - this lowers surface tension (like the soap) and makes it easier for the bubbles to shift.

Gmk2
Gmk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 5:27 PM   #9
StreekG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmk2 View Post
What is your pump speed set to - running it up to max makes a huge difference if your not already doing so. You can also check your reservoir - if the water level is low you could be sucking bubbles / air back through the loop. Another trick is to run a long burn in type test and get some heat into the loop - this lowers surface tension (like the soap) and makes it easier for the bubbles to shift.
My pump is on max, it's not running off the mobo but directly off the PSU, will that make a difference?

Good idea on the stress test I will try that.
Old 14th October 2017, 8:28 AM   #10
Gmk2

Sounds like your pump is running flat out - connecting directly to the PSU will be full power all the time, the motherboard headers won't increase it further.

Gmk2
Gmk2 is offline   Reply With Quote