Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > Windows Operating Systems

Notices

Old 13th October 2017, 7:20 AM   #5686
Sledge

yeah last major update just keep downloading for me..
Took 40GB of my quota to do the update
Sledge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 11:24 AM   #5687
neopheX

Where can I download an official release of Windows 10 with all of the latest updates? My current version on m usb has an old version, so when I format I need to download all of the updates again.

Cheers
i7 3930K @ 4.9GHz 1.35v (Offset -0.010) / Custom Acrylic Loop / Rampage IV Extreme / G.Skill Ripjaws Z F3-32GB @2888Mhz / EVGA 780 Ti Classified's @ 1478mhz SLI / Corsair AX1200i Digital PSU / Samsung 840 Pro x4 500gb SSD's / Corsair 900D

Successful Sales: Over $2300
neopheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 12:13 PM   #5688
timmay556

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopheX View Post
Where can I download an official release of Windows 10 with all of the latest updates? My current version on m usb has an old version, so when I format I need to download all of the updates again.

Cheers
I downloaded the latest ISO from Windows website for win10 and even after installing I still had to download a heap of updates.
Old 14th October 2017, 12:21 PM   #5689
Darko

Same here, looks like unlike previous versions of Windows that included service packs with their iso', Windows 10 iso still has to download updates separately.
Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 12:42 PM   #5690
wintermute000

Bloody compatelrunner grinding my HDDs randomly .. y u do dis
wintermute000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 5:37 PM   #5691
Revenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopheX View Post

Cheers
Here but you need the ISO separately in my thread you can find links.
I need to update that thread as its a bit old but want some help and some sort of acknowledgement as after I did it I felt that no-one cared so didn't keep updating it.

Windows update catalogue.

Then sort by last updated.

There are a few depending on base version and x64/86 so get the version for your base version 1703 is the latest as of this post.

2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676) - 976.22MB

These are consolidated updates and what windows update delivers so it is like a rolling service pack for Windows 10.

As of the next couple days Fall Creators ISO will be is out so just wait and grab that instead as it'll be mostly updated as stock.

Last edited by Revenger; 14th October 2017 at 5:51 PM.
Revenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 5:40 PM   #5692
Darko

^ They're just the updates
Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 5:57 PM   #5693
Revenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko View Post
^ They're just the updates
Remember Windows 10 is a rolling system, one wouldn't expect them to update the ISO every Patch Tuesday.

They integrate the updates into each build so Fall Creators will be like a ISO with service pack included.
No different from the integrated service pack method of before.

The Cumulative Updates are all the in-between updates together.

As with old service packs you still had to download the updates in wsus in between the 6 month or so pack / ISO releases.

Windows rolling version ISO's every few months and the Cumulative Updates is actually easier than than the old service pack method.

As you can download the latest Service pack in this case core ISO and the updates in-between as a Cumulative Update single file right to the latest months updates.

As said my sticky thread has the links where the latest ISO's are with the latest coming in just a few days 1709.

Asking for a all in one service pack update today is like asking for a service pack just days out from one being released on the older system.

---
You guys probably don't remember having to get the latest service pack RTM ISO from certain sources online MDL for example as Microsoft didn't host ISO's only the service pack EXE.
Then having to use a WSUS downloader to package all the updates in-between the service pack which would download every update slowly from a commandline grabber one at at a time and create a folder with 500+ files in it.

Having to then install that ISO and then use that wsus downloader to install the updates hoping everything went ok.

Joys of being volunteer refurb tech in XP / 7 era.

That method had be done like that because internet bandwidth at places couldn't be used to do 5+ computers a day with wsus updates.

So yes this makes it soo much easier than those days with 1 big updater file to grab after the ISO.

Last edited by Revenger; 14th October 2017 at 6:23 PM.
Old 15th October 2017, 10:26 AM   #5694
Will S

ok, am upgrading to Z370 and 8700K and will just throw in my current M.2 drive that have Windows on it and boot into Windows 10 from that. The idea is I will then update the activation so all the hardware is part of my activation and then I will do a clean install of Win10 and hopefully the new activation will then go smoothly.

Then again my system may go so smoothly so a fresh installation may be wasted.

Anything I may have missed ? yes, I will do a BIOS update first ( already have it on USB thumb drive )

"Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft Account" shows in update and security/activation so as long as I use that same Microsoft account things will work. ie. the account in settings/accounts

Just making sure I have everything written down just in case
Old 15th October 2017, 7:21 PM   #5695
Bold Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S View Post
ok, am upgrading to Z370 and 8700K and will just throw in my current M.2 drive that have Windows on it and boot into Windows 10 from that. The idea is I will then update the activation so all the hardware is part of my activation and then I will do a clean install of Win10 and hopefully the new activation will then go smoothly.

Then again my system may go so smoothly so a fresh installation may be wasted.

Anything I may have missed ? yes, I will do a BIOS update first ( already have it on USB thumb drive )

"Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft Account" shows in update and security/activation so as long as I use that same Microsoft account things will work. ie. the account in settings/accounts

Just making sure I have everything written down just in case
Make a MS account:
https://www.howtogeek.com/226510/how...%99s-hardware/
Old 15th October 2017, 7:35 PM   #5696
Lost Property

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplod140 View Post
Try the Windows Update MiniTool
As stated it wasn't working and hasn't for about 6 months, wont even start downloading.

Finally got the shits up with the updates not working today and started playing with things. In the end Windows Troubleshooting for Windows Update fixed it in about 5 minutes. Annoying thing is I tried the troubleshooting thing last week and it found nothing to fix, a few days later nothing's changed, the troubleshooter worked and Windows is up to date.
Lost Property is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 6:04 PM   #5697
pantner

as a workmate of mine just said...

Fall is coming...

https://www.windowscentral.com/fall-creators-update

For those that are unaware
Intel i7 860, Gigabyte PA55-UD5, 2x4GB DDR3, 300GB Velociraptor, 2x2TB Seagate SATA in RAID 0, NVIDIA GTX580, Pioneer DVD burner, Silverstone OP850W, ASUS 23" LCD, Acer 23" LCD, Microsoft X6, Microsoft Intellimouse, Noctua NH-D14
pantner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 7:15 AM   #5698
T-Bones

Has anybody got available a standalone Fall Creators ISO which has just been released. Our workplace blocks the media creation tool so the only way I normally download the latest builds is through the Insider Program which as yet doesn't offer the 1709 Build.

I've got very limited DL from home so was hoping a member may already have it online which my work will actually not block - wishful thinking.

Cheers, T-Bones

Last edited by T-Bones; Today at 7:51 AM.
T-Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:38 AM   #5699
Opticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bones View Post
Has anybody got available a standalone Fall Creators ISO which has just been released. Our workplace blocks the media creation tool so the only way I normally download the latest builds is through the Insider Program which as yet doesn't offer the 1709 Build.

I've got very limited DL from home so was hoping a member may already have it online which my work will actually not block - wishful thinking.

Cheers, T-Bones
I've manually kicked off the upgrade on 1 machine at home and it's downloading now.

1709 iso isn't on MVLS yet, from memory that didn't happen until later during the day or even the following day. The media creation tool was even later I think?
Opticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:04 AM   #5700
Revenger

Fall Creators isn't on the manual iso download page which you access non windows devices or changing the browser I'd to something non windows, should be in a day or so, nor in the upgrade assistant yet.

I prefer this method over media creators tool and gives Home/Pro combined and N editions etc opposed to x86/x64.

Last edited by Revenger; Today at 11:21 AM.