Old 7th September 2017, 12:03 PM   #4081
Boneman

Something happened in NK?
Boneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 12:10 PM   #4082
trop

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodz View Post
Ive booked flights to Japan and accomodation in Japan and rail passes. However now due to NK I might have to cancel everything.
I'm going in 3 weeks. The amount of people who are freaking out that we haven't cancelled our trip is starting to shit me!

We'll go and enjoy our trip and hopefully get less lines at things we visit because stupid people have stayed home
trop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 12:46 PM   #4083
doodz

yeah personally i dont give a shit, but it's the father inlaw.. he said it's dangerous and not safe. thus i should respect his concerns and not go on our honeymoon.

hmmmmm
doodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 1:12 PM   #4084
miicah

Quote:
yeah personally i dont give a shit, but it's the father inlaw.. he said it's dangerous and not safe. thus i should respect his concerns and not go on our honeymoon.

hmmmmm
What does the MIL think? And your wife? Honestly I don't think anything will happen, but are you really willing to lose all that invested money if you cancel so close?

CS:GO Videos | Motorcycle Videos
miicah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 3:18 PM   #4085
doodz

MIL has no say, FIL is the driving force. FIL is nagging fiance every day.
Saying it is dangerous to go to Japan, because of the North Korean war.

doodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 3:36 PM   #4086
Boneman

Quote:
MIL has no say, FIL is the driving force. FIL is nagging fiance every day.
Saying it is dangerous to go to Japan, because of the North Korean war.

Driving to the airport probably more dangerous.
Boneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 4:25 PM   #4087
squashedfrog

most, if not all insurances will not cover war related cancellations...

I am also heading to japan and sth korea in 3 weeks with wife and young daughter. i am slightly concerned, however will still go as the travel advisories still give the green light. Everything is booked and paid for, looking forward to it.
squashedfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2017, 12:45 PM   #4088
Zee

Quote:
So the insurance will cover things I've already paid before getting the insurance? Hmmmmmm I was reading some and it's only for illness or such not for "change of mind" stuff.

hmmm
There is a specific "cancellation" insurance, from memory. Also, check your tickets, different classes, even within economy, allow for different cancellations/changes.

I, for example, will usually buy one of the mid-tier economy tickets, as it allows changes, and can save a fair bit of hassle. In Bangkok last year, I misread my flight email, and turned up to BKK at about the time the plane pushed back. Went to ticket counter, and they got me sorted for another flight within 5 minutes. Not so easy if you have the cheapest fare, but again, always read the fine print.

May be worth investigating some additional insurance, but honestly, it'll be more to keep your mind at ease.

Make sure you work out all the costs, as insurance will have a fee per claim, and if your airline will issue even a partial refund, it may work out be cheaper to not bother with additional insurance. again though, I stress, read the WHOLE policy, especially the bits specific to your situation. It's annoying, and painful, but worth doing.

Z...
Old 8th September 2017, 12:52 PM   #4089
Zee

Quote:

hmmmmm
Everyone always wants to butt in.

I live in SE Asia about 5-6 months/year, mainly Manila, and the amount of shit I get form my dad drives me mental. The news would make you think you can't stop off an aircraft without something untoward going down.

The reality is, it has never been cleaner and safer in regions where I am - which is literally thousands of miles from where the trouble are. You're best off getting information from people on the ground in the place you're going.

I'd b leaving any cancellations for the last minute if things really do go South, but this situation has been like this for decades, it's just that Trump likes to posture as much as Kim.

Z...
Old 8th September 2017, 12:53 PM   #4090
Tinian

Quote:
Perhaps the FIL should respect your wishes?

Nail in my hand, from my creator
You gave me life, now show me how to live
Tinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2017, 3:15 PM   #4091
trop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Everyone always wants to butt in.

I live in SE Asia about 5-6 months/year, mainly Manila, and the amount of shit I get form my dad drives me mental. The news would make you think you can't stop off an aircraft without something untoward going down.

The reality is, it has never been cleaner and safer in regions where I am - which is literally thousands of miles from where the trouble are. You're best off getting information from people on the ground in the place you're going.

I'd b leaving any cancellations for the last minute if things really do go South, but this situation has been like this for decades, it's just that Trump likes to posture as much as Kim.

Z...
We were in Thailand a couple of years ago during one of their coups. Our family was going apeshit over it and we knew nothing about the coup until I was checking emails in the airport on our way home!
trop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2017, 3:43 PM   #4092
mrthong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni9ht_5ta1k3r View Post
have fun brah!
cheers mate!

i don't think NK will be nuking/missiling Japan anytime soon, the amount of Chinese tourist here is bonkers. I see people watch it on the news etc, they dont care.

Otherwise, so far the trip is good. Lost my wallet, and got it back by arvo.
PSN:s2NE1 | Bnet s2ne1#1890 | SteamID: stwoanyone | Orgin: s2ne1
Desktop: i5 3750k 4.3ghz|Gigabyte x77z-up7|8gbGskill|SLi EVGA GTX670 FTW|Cosair RM850|Cosair 650D| WaterCooled
mrthong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2017, 8:42 PM   #4093
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthong View Post
cheers mate!

i don't think NK will be nuking/missiling Japan anytime soon, the amount of Chinese tourist here is bonkers. I see people watch it on the news etc, they dont care.

Otherwise, so far the trip is good. Lost my wallet, and got it back by arvo.
you'll be fine. i went to japan and south korea when south korea and the US had their military exercise going on....and nothing happened then.

but, that being said, it would suck to be caught up in a war because of a bunch of fucktards and their saber rattling.
XBOX Live: The Gh0sts | Steam: Th3_Gh0sts | PSN: TheGhosts (AU) - TheGh0sts_CA (CA) | Origin: Th3_Gh0sts - RSSC: Chillawhat | UPlay: spartan33 | Battle.Net: Th3Gh0sts#1131
Current PC: Metabox Prime-X P870DM-G with a GTX 1070N GPU
My Web & Graphic Design Portfolio | My EBay Listings | Overwatch Vids
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2017, 10:47 AM   #4094
Chayum

Hey guys,

I will be traveling to Tokyo and Osaka/Kyoto with a group of friends later this year. We were looking for private onsens in/around these cities for privacy and tattoos.

From what I could find online, private onsens are generally only available to specific hotels.

Are there any onsens which offer private rooms?
Chayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 7:57 AM   #4095
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Not too bad!

Japan Return for Free Sale @ Jetstar eg. $430 SYD-TOKYO