Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Newbie Lounge

Notices

Old 13th October 2017, 7:54 AM   #1
Gooliez Thread Starter

Default Windows 10 Media Creation Tool .... SLOOOOW

Hi guys, just wondering what time frame i should be expecting to download windows 10 onto a USB using the media tool...

i downloaded 64-bit a couple of days ago and it took approx 9 hours to download the bloody image....

i now need to download the 32 bit and have chosen the BOTH 64 and 32 bit option which i believe is 7gb ish.... to save time next time...

now i'm on a 25mb connection.. nothing else downloading and it's ridiculously slow again...

anything that could cause it to download so slow ? i've watched youtube videos and it's up to 2% in less than 30 seconds...

Edit: 10% in 30 mins...... at the going rate, 5 hours and i'll have USB that's usable.... :/

Last edited by Gooliez; 13th October 2017 at 8:15 AM.
Gooliez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 11:16 AM   #2
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooliez View Post
Edit: 10% in 30 mins...... at the going rate, 5 hours and i'll have USB that's usable.... :/
Might just be server loads? Dunno, but that's a horrible wait time : (
Old 13th October 2017, 11:49 AM   #3
breno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooliez View Post
Hi guys, just wondering what time frame i should be expecting to download windows 10 onto a USB using the media tool...

i downloaded 64-bit a couple of days ago and it took approx 9 hours to download the bloody image....

i now need to download the 32 bit and have chosen the BOTH 64 and 32 bit option which i believe is 7gb ish.... to save time next time...

now i'm on a 25mb connection.. nothing else downloading and it's ridiculously slow again...

anything that could cause it to download so slow ? i've watched youtube videos and it's up to 2% in less than 30 seconds...

Not just you mate, i've had the same thing before too, and just downright failures after 2 hours. But the last couple of times i've had to make win 10 bootable it was all done within an hour.
As Mr. Chilled said, probably server loads.
Old 13th October 2017, 12:28 PM   #4
Gooliez Thread Starter

so after a power spike and loosing 45% of my download i restarted...

this time i chose both 64 and 32, but this round i chose Single language..
only took around 40 mins to download. so if anyone is reading this, only go the single language option if you are in a hurry
Gooliez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 6:33 PM   #5
FOTW

Try using this website I get my windows ISO from I then us Rufus to create a bootable USB key.

Only d/l a image last weekend I'm on a 5Mb connection though but it d/l at teh full 5Mb the entire time about 4 hours, however when used to be on a 250Mb connection i would be getting it down in about 30-60 min.

OCAU Night Owl

OCAU Camera Club
FOTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #6
schmoove

I agree using another service and Rufus.
I use this
https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techno...-download-tool
Free and legal.
Trades with: rage, dufflover, ummmz, kimnkk, jlien, Pianist, Boink, Tekin, orndorf, theFish, MAXKNOTT, i4560011, search, antstar, Ma Baker, Dinuc, stuii, Dollie, kr0k, Fettrix, WCE07, Beaistheman, Hardboiled, Opti ....... "Pacman is just a neo-Marxist parable of late capitalism"
"Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge on the subject is The Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkin's on theology"
schmoove is offline   Reply With Quote