Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Other Toys/Hobbies

Notices

Old 17th October 2017, 6:52 PM   #12166
Cpt Watermelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc351 View Post
Nice gun. I was eyeing one off but went a tanfoglio limited custom gk instead. But u need many more 4 is not enough.
I have a extended acquisition plan. My goal is to have .357, .44 & .45 calibres in Semi Auto Pistol and Revolver.

Been offered a decent price for Uberti Navy 1851 Cap n Ball BP revolver. Tempting...
Old 17th October 2017, 7:34 PM   #12167
xc351

I want a 44 mag desert eagle. I have a uberti cattleman in 44mag nice trigger of any handgun I own and thatís 9 of them.
xc351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 8:26 PM   #12168
Cpt Watermelon

Quote:
I want a 44 mag desert eagle. I have a uberti cattleman in 44mag nice trigger of any handgun I own and thatís 9 of them.
Shame I cant use a 44 eagle on the steel targets at my range. Have to use leads on the plates and leads in the gas ports is apparently a problem with the eagles.
Old 17th October 2017, 8:40 PM   #12169
xc351

Get a different barrel then. I hate those 44mags with the extended barrels.

Not sure what barrels they come with.

Also what about coated projectiles?

My sights are way off on my cattleman. So I tend to use the 45/70 accurate as anything but 40 rounds is $150ish plus then everyone wants a crack.

Iím hoping they open up csp to 45acp.
Old 17th October 2017, 9:01 PM   #12170
Vassili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourke View Post
6.5 CM = Precision Rifle Shooting....Backed by Hornady factory ammo, when shot with a brake, theres little to no recoil and mag feeds fine.
Popular coz of PRS factory rifle bracket shooting, total rifle has to be under $2k or something, hence the RPR 6.5CM being so gang busters the past 3 years.
Landsskytterstevnet-Pretty sure they use a 6.5x55 SE as a control round for target shooting and for hunting can use a 155gr maybe going 2600fps
From my Smith, he was doing 6.5x55 and AI 10 years ago, now he's doing 260REM and AI...From a different Smith he had a 260REM FLY gun for sale couple months ago, so for 6.5, thats the go...Can use dirt cheap 308WIN cases or use LAP Palma small primer brass.
Side note a dude in my club is running a 6.5x55AI(which he didn't actually want) and he's running 142TMK at 3100fps if my chrony is correct.
Lapua 6.5CM runs a small primer too.
Vassili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 9:15 PM   #12171
Cpt Watermelon

Quote:
Get a different barrel then. I hate those 44mags with the extended barrels.

Not sure what barrels they come with.

Also what about coated projectiles?

My sights are way off on my cattleman. So I tend to use the 45/70 accurate as anything but 40 rounds is $150ish plus then everyone wants a crack.

Iím hoping they open up csp to 45acp.
The desert Eagles are all gas fed actions, not recoil based like mostly everything else. Every single barrel length will have the small holes in it.

From reading other forums, the barrels have very small holes in them to feed the gas pressure back to cycle the action and using coated or lead projectiles can cause bits of lead and other shit to clog these up, making it unable to cycle properly. Once that happens you have to send it back to IMI or a gunsmith to clean out the ports.
Old Yesterday, 7:57 PM   #12172
Azuras

Woooooooo

rings and scope attached

just need to take it out. bore sight. dial in scope. break in barrel.
hah yeah obviously, Im a noob
Azuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 8:10 PM   #12173
xc351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Watermelon View Post
The desert Eagles are all gas fed actions, not recoil based like mostly everything else. Every single barrel length will have the small holes in it.

From reading other forums, the barrels have very small holes in them to feed the gas pressure back to cycle the action and using coated or lead projectiles can cause bits of lead and other shit to clog these up, making it unable to cycle properly. Once that happens you have to send it back to IMI or a gunsmith to clean out the ports.
Cheers didnít know that.

I bought 1000 ppu 44mags on sale I should be right for 2 years before I gotta worry about reloading some.

My bfr is made imi as well and I have found them very helpfull via email. As not many people know much about them.