Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Game Consoles > Nintendo Consoles

Notices

Old 18th July 2016, 9:46 AM   #76
Stooge007

where's cricket and AFL????

loved those games on the NES

www.precisetaxsolutions.com.au
Stooge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 9:47 AM   #77
elvis
Old school old fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipheren View Post
It's a good price to me, converting from US, adding GST
Second person to say "GST". You know that they pay sales tax in the US too, right?
elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 10:04 AM   #78
kreegor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis View Post
Second person to say "GST". You know that they pay sales tax in the US too, right?
lol yes this. GST is used to water down the cost of things here. "Oh that's just the GST".... nope, it really isn't.
kreegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 10:11 AM   #79
Drizz06

I think $99 is pretty fair value considering it's a licensed product.
I wish they just charged $110 and included 2 controllers instead of going to the hassle of buying a 2nd one.
Drizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 10:12 AM   #80
Sipheren

Quote:
I do, I know a lot about the pricing structure in the US as my workplace deals there.

Sales tax is applied at time of purchase, there is multiple levels of tax applied as well, ie, the $60 price is not including taxes.
Sipheren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 10:29 AM   #81
kreegor

Quote:
I do, I know a lot about the pricing structure in the US as my workplace deals there.

Sales tax is applied at time of purchase, there is multiple levels of tax applied as well, ie, the $60 price is not including taxes.
Extra controllers are $9.95 in the US or $19.95 here..... Even if you add tax that is still a large difference.
Old 18th July 2016, 10:32 AM   #82
Sipheren

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreegor View Post
Extra controllers are $9.95 in the US or $19.95 here..... Even if you add tax that is still a large difference.
That's a fair call, but I was speaking about the system as that's what I am buying.

So, yeah, controllers don't seem like a good deal but the system is fine.

EDIT: That said, I just did the conversion, currently it places the controller at AUD$13 (with tax would be AUD$14.42), so you are looking at $5.50 to import and market here.

It's not a lot really is it?

Last edited by Sipheren; 18th July 2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old 18th July 2016, 10:40 AM   #83
elvis
Old school old fool

Quote:

Nintendo.com says US$59.99 is MSRP, which certainly will vary place to place for a bunch of reasons (per-state taxes, reseller markups, etc). But let's check back on this when US pre-orders are up.

Right now, only AU, UK and a handful of European countries can pre-order.

I'll bet that getting it for US$60 (AU$ 75-80) including local taxes will be the mean price folks pay, compared to our $100.
elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 10:41 AM   #84
kreegor

Quote:
It's not a lot really is it?
Nope, not on a single item but it all adds up.

I reckon I could buy the console and an extra controller in the US and get it shipped to me for around the price of the console alone if I bought it here.
Old 18th July 2016, 10:42 AM   #85
power

Quote:

I reckon I could buy the console and an extra controller in the US and get it shipped to me for around the price of the console alone if I bought it here.
Speaking of extras are they offering a genuine Nintendo power adapter to buy as well?
Old 18th July 2016, 10:49 AM   #86
Sipheren

Quote:

You are probably right, but I reckon it will only save you $10-20 which I would be happy paying to not have to wait for the thing to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
Speaking of extras are they offering a genuine Nintendo power adapter to buy as well?
This annoyed me, not sure why it's not included in the package, hopefully it will power from a PC USB port.
Old 18th July 2016, 10:52 AM   #87
power

Quote:
This annoyed me, not sure why it's not included in the package, hopefully it will power from a PC USB port.
Same, I must admit I prefer genuine peripherals so I hope they offer a Ninty one for a reasonable cost.
Old 18th July 2016, 11:19 AM   #88
Herbo

So nowhere is offering a package deal with a second controller as well?
Herbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 11:34 AM   #89
TRG.dOinK

Quote:
Can people please stop saying this. Try dealing with licensing in the professional sphere for a few years, and then post about it. This stuff isn't nearly as trivial as people think.
This console is being released is to highlight some of the best games for the system and recall fond memories of old classics.

They need to give the fans what they want.

I've spent a shitload of hours playing Battletoads and still never passed it (easily the most hours played compared to zelda, link, super mario etc), but I also have issues with the NES going grey even after changing the stupid 72 pin connector twice, hence why I would of preferred they added in the games I listed.

Its also quite hard to get those rarer games like Ninja Turtles 2 and 3 for the NES, especially with the PAL / NTSC stuff, so it would of been good to include them.

The way it is now, its cool, but it doesn't replace my NES because its missing certain must have titles.

It has....

1. Limited games

2. Offers no real extra value for those who own a NES already

3. Won't have to deal with blinking / grey screen like the original NES. I assume it also has HDMI which is nice.

4. I believe the controllers cannot be used in the old NES system which I believe was a mistake. The system could of been cheaper for those who already have a NES and simply re-use their existing controller. They could of also sold the controllers individually for those that needed, or for those that wanted new genuine NES controllers.

Anyway, not the end of the world, but I think when you're releasing a "Collectors Edition" console, it should include the best of the best.

Its even missing duck hunt!
No choice of buying a gun?
TRG.dOinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 11:39 AM   #90
power

Micorosoft owns the BT IP, it'd probably double the price to get them to license this to Ninty for a reasonable amount.

Guns are the domain of CRT's so no gun bro.