Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Game Consoles > Nintendo Consoles

Notices

Old 8th June 2011, 7:25 AM   #121
flain

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis View Post
Name is shit, but I don't care.

http://kotaku.com/5809555/zelda-game...-this-stunning

HD Zelda makes me gooey.
Dammnit, now i have to buy the thing :/

Last edited by flain; 8th June 2011 at 7:35 AM. Reason: spelling
flain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 7:53 AM   #122
Zerstorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipheren View Post
I think its brilliant, the new system is very powerful just look at this tech demo and remember this is first gen graphics which are on par with the current PS3 visuals.
A console releasing in 2012 has first-gen graphics as powerful as a console released in 2006? Well golly, colour me impressed.
Zerstorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 7:56 AM   #123
xsive

I don't see how I could not buy this. Perhaps if it periodically releases flesh-eating ants I might reconsider. Maybe.
xsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 8:02 AM   #124
soulblade64

I find the name a bit strange, Wii U sounds more like a nintendo social network, similar to PSN or Xbox Live.

People also seem to be confused whether the Wii U is an entirely new console, or just a new controller for the Wii.

The system looks really intriguing, especially since it's a handheld console and TV console all in one, but in saying that extra controllers are going to be expensive. It appears current Wii motes can be used on it as well, which is good, hopefully there are some cheap handheld non-motion remotes like there are now.

I just sincerely hope that Nintendo follow through with some HD graphics (Apparently the Wii U does have HDMI, which is nice), but unless there are some shiny games to play on it, the Wii U will be just another dumping ground for shovelware.
OCAU MetaL Club Member #203 xbox live gamertag: soulblade64
Trades- More than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo54 View Post
I would. But I would eat the other people before I ran out of supplies, therefore quadrupling my food supply, and allowing me to live for ever, as cannibal king of mars.
soulblade64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 8:02 AM   #125
Dilbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerstorer View Post
A console releasing in 2012 has first-gen graphics as powerful as a console released in 2006? Well golly, colour me impressed.
Definately agree, the Wii was more gimmick than a true gaming machine in my eyes....

Who say's consoles are holding back gaming? No...
Dilbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 8:25 AM   #126
Sipheren

Quote:
Go take a look at the first games on 360 and PS3, they were not much better than the latest stuff being offered on the Xbox and PS2.

Not to mention that tech demo is very nice, so is Zelda, if it looks that good now and does enough to play all the current games it will only get better as they utilise its power more.

Good looking Xbox Game

Click to view full size!

Launch 360 Game

Click to view full size!

The biggest improvement came simply from the higher resolution and high resolution textures.
Sipheren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 8:34 AM   #127
soulblade64

Quote:
The biggest improvement came simply from the higher resolution and high resolution textures.
And hopefully DVD or Blu-ray capabilities.... I want a Zelda game with dialogue damnit!... If I wanted to read and press next, I'd go pick up a book.
OCAU MetaL Club Member #203 xbox live gamertag: soulblade64
Trades- More than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo54 View Post
I would. But I would eat the other people before I ran out of supplies, therefore quadrupling my food supply, and allowing me to live for ever, as cannibal king of mars.
soulblade64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 8:50 AM   #128
Sipheren

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulblade64 View Post
And hopefully DVD or Blu-ray capabilities.... I want a Zelda game with dialogue damnit!... If I wanted to read and press next, I'd go pick up a book.
This + a million, if I have to read through another Zelda game with a system this powerful I'll flip out!
Sipheren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 9:01 AM   #129
MoonShadow

Wasn't overly impressed. Nothing much was shown, seems like they've been working on it since the Project Cafe name was leaked.. so like, a few months. Everything is conceptual, just plain annoying. At least it does what I thought it would do.
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 9:18 AM   #130
Oppressa

Will be buying this as soon as it's released. Looks like a fun toy!
Main: AeroCool Dead Silence Cube, i7 3930K, Thermaltake F3 with Yate Loon, Rampage IV GENE, Corsair 4x4Gb 2133Mhz DDR3 Dominator GT, Sapphire 7970, OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 120Gb, 2 x 2Tb Western Digital Green
HTPC: Silverstone SST-GD01S-MXR, i5 4670, Scythe Big Shuriken, ASUS Z87M-PLUS, G.Skill Ares F3-1866C9D-8GAB (2x4GB) DDR3, 8Tb of storage, Pioneer Bluray BDR-206
Oppressa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 10:40 AM   #131
TOFUGil

Gonna be one expensive controller I reckon..looks cool with golf game & shuriken. Won't be letting my nephew touching this

Yea HD Zelda was OMFG!!!!

Overall pretty shit showing...seems Wii is dead no new games except Skyward Sword. I like Starfox & Kid Icarus is back on 3DS.

ASUS35M1-I Deluxe|1x 4GB DDR3|1x WD320GB + 2x 1TB WD | Seasonic X 650W |Fractal Design Define Mini
TOFUGil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 10:42 AM   #132
Oblong Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
PS3 fanboy rant
Nice rant, fanboy.

I think its very interesting that both Sony and Nintendo have "got it" with respect to multiplayer on the console. They've both used technology to their advantage to improve the age-old multiplayer couch session that many older gamers would have enjoyed in their childhood.

I am particularly impressed with Sony's version which works out so awesomely for them because you also need to buy a new TV (if you don't have a 3D TV already), which will of course be a Sony TV when you buy the bundle package.

However Nintendo's offering is pretty nice as well, it's not as good, but still a hell of an improvement over having a split-screen!

In terms of the graphics, if that tech demo really was rendered real-time on a Wii U, then great! It's easily better than current PS3/Xbox 360 games, assuming it was true 720p and not upscaled.

This console might prompt me to finally buy a Nintendo product. We'll see what sort of games come out though because the cool technology isn't enough to justify it. I want to see the Wii U "killer app".
Old 8th June 2011, 10:49 AM   #133
Zerstorer

Quote:
Go take a look at the first games on 360 and PS3, they were not much better than the latest stuff being offered on the Xbox and PS2.
You can justify it all you want, but the sad thing is that while it is powerful right now, it will become the shovelware box that the Wii is now once the 360-2/PS4 comes out and the games have vastly better graphics, causing the easy port to become impossible for devs.

Enjoy slightly better looking multiplats for a year or two.

Last edited by Zerstorer; 8th June 2011 at 10:52 AM.
Zerstorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 11:06 AM   #134
thebranded Thread Starter

Quote:
You can justify it all you want, but the sad thing is that while it is powerful right now, it will become the shovelware box that the Wii is now once the 360-2/PS4 comes out and the games have vastly better graphics, causing the easy port to become impossible for devs.

Enjoy slightly better looking multiplats for a year or two.
But Nintendo was never about the graphics. Gameplay first then graphics.

This new console is just brining them up in graphics terms but its is not meant to compete with xbox/sony in future graphics.

both MS and sony saw that nintendo was getting it right with gameplay and so both copied the motion controller, obviously they came after so they were better implementations.
thebranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 11:27 AM   #135
Kore_5022

Quote:
Originally Posted by proffesso View Post
supernintendo, n64, gamecube, gameboy advance, gameboy micro etc dont really strike me as revolutionary

Am i missing internet sarcasm here ?

Also that controller is massive
Kore_5022 is offline   Reply With Quote