Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Video Cards & Monitors

Notices

Old Yesterday, 7:14 AM   #4231
power

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSnipa View Post
It would be a good buy if Asus would stop selling their cards with rog branding at ridiculous price.
which would happen if they didn't sell.....
Old Yesterday, 7:22 AM   #4232
Tazor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKITZ0_000 View Post
It makes it less hassle, though sticker or no sticker any manufacturer has to honour warranty even if you have removed the cooler. You cant just put a sticker on something and escape Australian consumer law .

It's more the processing time, with another brand I'll be waiting 2-4 for a repair or replacement, XFX will be a brand new replacement once the fault is replicated
Old Yesterday, 6:53 PM   #4233
terroristone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazor View Post
It's more the processing time, with another brand I'll be waiting 2-4 for a repair or replacement, XFX will be a brand new replacement once the fault is replicated
I had a pair of xfx cards fail on me, took 8 weeks to get a new set, but these were 6600gt's so its going back a while, hope xfx have sped things up these days.

T1
Haswell 4790k@4.5 - MSI Z97 GAMING 5- GSKILL 2933 - MSI VEGA 64 WATER - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 - ACER XR341CK - AX1500I - CUSTOM HARD TUBE WATERCOOLED GPU&CPU - 750D - NIGHTHAWK X9 - G502
System Pic
terroristone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 7:10 PM   #4234
Tazor

Quote:
Originally Posted by terroristone View Post
I had a pair of xfx cards fail on me, took 8 weeks to get a new set, but these were 6600gt's so its going back a while, hope xfx have sped things up these days.

T1

Haha, yes it's much better now through pc case gear is pretty much test and sort granted warranty is not void and fault is replicated.
Old Yesterday, 8:28 PM   #4235
congoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
For anyone who doesn't want to bother watching this the tldr is that there's no good reason to buy the strix.
Not quite correct.
Reviewer lost out on silicon lottery and got a dud GPU review unit which isn't a reflection on performance of strix sys. It may even suggest Asus may not be cherry picking good overclocking units to send to reviewers.
congoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 8:38 PM   #4236
partybear

Like someone posted a while back just buy a cheap watercooling block if you are wanting to overclock it. No air cooler is going to be comparable and will cost more.
partybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 9:55 PM   #4237
terroristone

I ran the swiftech gpu block for many generations of cards, just use good copper heat sinks on everything else and a fan. Cheap, works well and reusable if your on a budget, otherwise get a full cover block and stop all the crying about prices, hobbies cost money so spend it. Getting over someone having a cry on every page about what things cost. Pc’s have to have the biggest bunch of bitches when it comes to prices, it’s the only hobbie that I see this in.
Haswell 4790k@4.5 - MSI Z97 GAMING 5- GSKILL 2933 - MSI VEGA 64 WATER - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 - ACER XR341CK - AX1500I - CUSTOM HARD TUBE WATERCOOLED GPU&CPU - 750D - NIGHTHAWK X9 - G502
System Pic

Last edited by terroristone; Yesterday at 10:00 PM.
Old Today, 12:05 AM   #4238
dr_deathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by terroristone View Post
I ran the swiftech gpu block for many generations of cards, just use good copper heat sinks on everything else and a fan. Cheap, works well and reusable if your on a budget, otherwise get a full cover block and stop all the crying about prices, hobbies cost money so spend it. Getting over someone having a cry on every page about what things cost. Pcís have to have the biggest bunch of bitches when it comes to prices, itís the only hobbie that I see this in.
Yeah, look how much crying over supply demand from mining.

I blame millennials and parents not smacking kids.

Def dont water cool your PC if your worried about costs.
dr_deathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:24 AM   #4239
terroristone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_deathy View Post
Yeah, look how much crying over supply demand from mining.

I blame millennials and parents not smacking kids.

Def dont water cool your PC if your worried about costs.
I had no issues walking into my local store and buying a Vega, what supply issues?? oh you mean shortage of $20 cheaper ones?

If you want it you'll pay for it, dont want to pay the price thats cool but STFU we dont care or want to hear about it, go back to your console. Threads are full of this winging crap form these children, Post your crying here or start a new thread for part specific crying.
System Pic

Last edited by terroristone; Today at 12:30 AM.