Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Manufacturer-specific Forums > AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old Yesterday, 9:36 PM   #3541
Sgt Bilko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertross View Post
its ridiculous they see these as pure gaming CPUs, that's like buying x99 and a 6900k only for games and complain the 7700k is quicker. They deserve the DH sticker.
Agreed, What Ryzen does do however is demolish Intels pricing structure from top to bottom, I mean if you are presented with a 6c/12t CPU for $320 and for the same price on Intels side of things you get a 4c/4t chip? sorry but the higher single thread performance just can't make up for it imo.

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old Yesterday, 9:36 PM   #3542
Sledge

Quote:
its ridiculous they see these as pure gaming CPUs, that's like buying x99 and a 6900k only for games and complain the 7700k is quicker. They deserve the DH sticker.
Yeah but:

That's what it's for !!!
personally i really only need a good CPU for gaming.. i don't any of the other stuff that you guys do..
Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 9:37 PM   #3543
Aussiejuggalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post
That part right there
Yep pain in the ass and in my case a little worse because I have such a small res, my front rad has the ports up the top and my whole case is in the reversed layout... fun. Luckily I have heaps of screw in plugs.

Quote:
Ryzen 7 is a great value multi tasker, it does everything well at an exceptional price, problem is some don't see it that way, they see it only as a gaming processor and judge it solely on gaming performance when they shouldn't.

How are you liking the Mortar Arctic btw?
Some people need to be shot, I had friends give me crap for buying it over a 7700K but then again I do heaps of multitasking and record games etc so I can make good use of it, plus I'll be moving to 1440p monitors once Vega shows it's self .

I haven't done much with the board aside from BIOS stuff but it is a very nice board, going to rebuild maybe thursday, I'll drain it tomorrow night before I go to bed so hopefully I wont have as much water to deal with.

Looks good with the RAM in it and it seems to have cool white LED on the corners and warm white ones for the audio strip thing (could be the plastic making it look more yellow though) so it gives a nice contrast. I plan on running some RGBW lights so I'm thinking maybe a sky blue with the mono tone cables I'll be getting made, should make for a nice build, thinking I may actually keep this board unless a white X370 mATX version comes along.

Completely unrelated side note, it's a bitch to use a web browser on my phone and reply to posts .

Soon... AMD 1800X / MSI B350M Mortar Arctic (temp) / G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz C14 / Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC (Vega later) / Samsung 960 Evo 250GB / Samsung 850 EVO 1TB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA G2 850w / Caselabs SM5 / Dell U2414H x2 & Asus VG248QE
Aussiejuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 9:50 PM   #3544
Sgt Bilko

Quote:
Agreed, What Ryzen does do however is demolish Intels pricing structure from top to bottom, I mean if you are presented with a 6c/12t CPU for $320 and for the same price on Intels side of things you get a 4c/4t chip? sorry but the higher single thread performance just can't make up for it imo.
Old Yesterday, 9:59 PM   #3545
Bertross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
Yeah but:
That's what it's for !!!
personally i really only need a good CPU for gaming.. i don't any of the other stuff that you guys do..
haha its ok mate. Just some of those youtube comments just make my head shake with rage.... Even the reviewers are just as bad.

Quote:
its just once again bad timing by AMDs part. But they have some serious balls man, to actually stick it to the big boys and call their hand.

ATM they have given the big finger to Intel, when is it NV turn oh wait the 480 already did that. Cant beat a 480 for bang for buck 1080p goodness. Even the sneaky 2k gaming for that matter.

One sec did i just turn this into another AMD VS NV thread... by bad guys carry on!

ASUS R7 240 2GB |RYZEN 1700+H100I | ASUS ROG BIG HERO 6+SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 | 32GB TRIDENT Z RGB 3000 | PHANTEKS ENTHOO EVOLV TEMPERED |
EVGA SUPERNOVA 750 | CINTIQ 24HD+U2711 | SWAN M200MKIII+DT770 PRO+D1 DAC

Last edited by Bertross; Yesterday at 10:04 PM.
Bertross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #3546
Aussiejuggalo

AMD have really messed the market up, even if these things aren't great in games the fact you can get the top end 8 core for under $1000 here is insane.

When I seen the first real review I thought of AMD as like the Coolaid Guy, we've been so use to Intel and we're kinda sedate and comfortable then AMD just comes smashing in and confussing everything. The way Intel are scrambing with the new X299 and Cannonlake is kinda proof to that as well

I hope Vega can kinda do that to Nvidia as well tbh but in that regard I do have serious doubts after seeing the 1080 Ti, that is a monster card.

Soon... AMD 1800X / MSI B350M Mortar Arctic (temp) / G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz C14 / Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC (Vega later) / Samsung 960 Evo 250GB / Samsung 850 EVO 1TB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA G2 850w / Caselabs SM5 / Dell U2414H x2 & Asus VG248QE
Aussiejuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #3547
nCrypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusDragon View Post

Edit: Water when things are off? Totally fine. Just let it dry out properly and it should be good to go.
Indeed.

Sometimes after benching LN2, i put my motherboard through the dishwasher (take out battery ofc), and dont use any soap, let the board dry after, and it will work fine!