Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10th October 2017, 2:07 PM   #1
Gunna Thread Starter
Member
 
Gunna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 5,356
Default ALT Coin discussion

What Tokens\Alt coins are on your radar at this stage?

I've invested in Powr from PowerLedger.IO, an AU blockchain electricity company that looks interesting an Elixir, a P2P crypto lending platform as well.

Elix has dropped 65% over the last week but it is only 2 - 3 weeks old so is quiet volatile. The app itself looks promising
Gunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 2:11 PM   #2
Court Jester
Member
 
Court Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
What Tokens\Alt coins are on your radar at this stage?

I've invested in Powr from PowerLedger.IO, an AU blockchain electricity company that looks interesting an Elixir, a P2P crypto lending platform as well.

Elix has dropped 65% over the last week but it is only 2 - 3 weeks old so is quiet volatile. The app itself looks promising
UBiq im holding for the long term
__________________
#itsOKToVoteNO
Court Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 3:41 PM   #3
DUS x SSJ4 x
Member
 
DUS x SSJ4 x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
What Tokens\Alt coins are on your radar at this stage?

I've invested in Powr from PowerLedger.IO, an AU blockchain electricity company that looks interesting an Elixir, a P2P crypto lending platform as well.

Elix has dropped 65% over the last week but it is only 2 - 3 weeks old so is quiet volatile. The app itself looks promising
I invested into Powr too. Which I did more as support for what the company is trying todo than an investment. Even if I never get my money back I can be happy I got behind a vision I believe in.

My main holdings with Alts are.

- Neo.
- Iota.
- Tenx.
- Lisk.
- OMG.
- Verg.
- Nexus.

Blood bath in the charts atm. BTG screwing everything up.
__________________
Build: Ryzen 1700 4.0ghz @1.35v ASUS Prime x370 Gigabyte G1 1080 32gb (2x16) m.2 960 EVO 512gb
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUS...C21GVpJi3-zRpQ
DUS x SSJ4 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 4:00 PM   #4
Gunna Thread Starter
Member
 
Gunna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 5,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUS x SSJ4 x View Post
I invested into Powr too. Which I did more as support for what the company is trying todo than an investment. Even if I never get my money back I can be happy I got behind a vision I believe in.

My main holdings with Alts are.

- Neo.
- Iota.
- Tenx.
- Lisk.
- OMG.
- Verg.
- Nexus.

Blood bath in the charts atm. BTG screwing everything up.
POWR seems like an interesting idea and has the potenial to shake htings up. I do like the idea of being able to purchase assets with POWR and you then receive a dividend on the profit from those assets.

BTG has some shady beginnings:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurre...nd_a_scam_you/

TL.DR:
  • Pre-mined 16000 blocks
  • Unfinished pow implementation
  • Replay protection not implemented
  • Pre-mined 16000 blocks

List of domain registered with same email address used to register Bitcoin Gold domain:
http://viewdns.info/reversewhois/?q=...ao%40gmail.com

Just seems shady
Gunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 9:30 PM   #5
phat_s14
Member
 
phat_s14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 303
Default

Hey guys, dont know if anyone is keen for a bit of high risk high return crypto action (I'm a sucker for this sorta shit!) but stick some money in Bitconnect.

If you haven't heard about it, it's basically an online Bitcoin 'investment' more than likely a ponzi/MLM of some description but cant say one way or another for certain. It's one of those "if it sounds too good to be true" things....

Anyway, i've been in it for about 4 weeks and getting 1% return on my cash every day...about USD$70 per day for free is pretty good while it lasts. Obviously only invest what you can afford to lose and have a bit of fun with it while you can.

If you wanna join and use my referral, I get 7% of your investment which I will give back to you. So invest $1000 and i'll give you back the $70 i'd get.

https://bitconnect.co/

It's only gotta last another 80 days or so and I get my full ROI back and then it's all profit after that baby!!
__________________
www.MuchosNachos.com.au - Nachos baby!
www.foilme.com.au - Hair foils baby!

Last edited by Agg; 11th October 2017 at 1:57 PM. Reason: affiliate links aren't allowed
phat_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 10:29 PM   #6
Gunna Thread Starter
Member
 
Gunna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 5,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat_s14 View Post
Hey guys, dont know if anyone is keen for a bit of high risk high return crypto action (I'm a sucker for this sorta shit!) but stick some money in Bitconnect.

If you haven't heard about it, it's basically an online Bitcoin 'investment' more than likely a ponzi/MLM of some description but cant say one way or another for certain. It's one of those "if it sounds too good to be true" things....

Anyway, i've been in it for about 4 weeks and getting 1% return on my cash every day...about USD$70 per day for free is pretty good while it lasts. Obviously only invest what you can afford to lose and have a bit of fun with it while you can.

If you wanna join and use my referral, I get 7% of your investment which I will give back to you. So invest $1000 and i'll give you back the $70 i'd get.

https://bitconnect.co/

It's only gotta last another 80 days or so and I get my full ROI back and then it's all profit after that baby!!
Sounds shady as, so at $70 per day at 1% you have 7k tied up in it?

Last edited by Agg; 11th October 2017 at 1:58 PM.
Gunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 6:57 AM   #7
Court Jester
Member
 
Court Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat_s14 View Post
Hey guys, dont know if anyone is keen for a bit of high risk high return crypto action (I'm a sucker for this sorta shit!) but stick some money in Bitconnect.

If you haven't heard about it, it's basically an online Bitcoin 'investment' more than likely a ponzi/MLM of some description but cant say one way or another for certain. It's one of those "if it sounds too good to be true" things....

Anyway, i've been in it for about 4 weeks and getting 1% return on my cash every day...about USD$70 per day for free is pretty good while it lasts. Obviously only invest what you can afford to lose and have a bit of fun with it while you can.

If you wanna join and use my referral, I get 7% of your investment which I will give back to you. So invest $1000 and i'll give you back the $70 i'd get.

https://bitconnect.co/

It's only gotta last another 80 days or so and I get my full ROI back and then it's all profit after that baby!!
sounds very scammy to me

Most of my alt coins have gone up 20%-30% overnight from where I bought back in. Ubiq is up 35% for me.
__________________
#itsOKToVoteNO

Last edited by Agg; 11th October 2017 at 1:58 PM.
Court Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 8:59 AM   #8
phat_s14
Member
 
phat_s14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
Sounds shady as, so at $70 per day at 1% you have 7k tied up in it?
Yep, it's been running for about a year and they claim they have a 'trading bot' which makes about 0-2% per day buying and selling BTC on the exchanges etc. Then they payout their investors a portion of their profit.

It's possible I guess but also more than possible it's a classic Ponzi.

Anyway, i figure I'll get in and stick some coin in there, if it lasts 3 months or so i'm good, if it falls over then i've only lost money that is not gonna break the bank.

There's YouTubers pumping in thousands of dollars per day into this thing so I figure with all that money going in there's months and months before anything bad starts to happen. And BCC now has a market cap of over $1 Billion so the owners could prop it up for ages if they want to

Anyway, read into it what you will.

As for alt's at the moment, my advice is buy up DASH and ETH. At around 0.06BTC they are a bargain and will back in the 0.07-0.08 range after this Bitcoin Gold fork happens.
__________________
www.MuchosNachos.com.au - Nachos baby!
www.foilme.com.au - Hair foils baby!

Last edited by phat_s14; 11th October 2017 at 9:22 AM.
phat_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 9:29 PM   #9
phat_s14
Member
 
phat_s14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 303
Default

Hey so I sent some BTC to Poloniex today from my CoinJar account and the transaction doesn't show up on the blockchain at all? Definitely no deposit in Poloniex and my coinjar account definitely shows the payment has been sent to the correct address.

When I search blockchain.info the transaction doesn't appear at all but my money is gone. I've been on coinjar for a couple of years and never had this happen before.

Any ideas? I've logged a support ticket with Coinjar but they not back til Monday now.
__________________
www.MuchosNachos.com.au - Nachos baby!
www.foilme.com.au - Hair foils baby!
phat_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 9:38 PM   #10
douver
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 525
Default

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...postcount=6553

Same problem was reported in bitcoin thread a while ago in above link, check messages after - coins got sent out after about 18-19 hours.
douver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 9:42 PM   #11
phat_s14
Member
 
phat_s14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by douver View Post
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...postcount=6553

Same problem was reported in bitcoin thread a while ago in above link, check messages after - coins got sent out after about 18-19 hours.
cool thanks, kinda re-assuring I guess but still annoying. Hopefully it shows up overnight
__________________
www.MuchosNachos.com.au - Nachos baby!
www.foilme.com.au - Hair foils baby!
phat_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 10:40 PM   #12
slavewone
Member
 
slavewone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: B.Mtns2774 Status:Unhappy
Posts: 1,725
Default

I've heard that coinjar are often mean with the transaction fee, so it can sit in limbo. What you need to do is grab the Tx and submit it to some Tx accelerators.
__________________
Sometimes i lose track of threads, so send me an email!!
slavewone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 7:16 AM   #13
dr_deathy
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,244
Default

Anyone else doing curecoin? Im a folder and going to be folding anyway. I dont think its profitable even with my free power during daylight. But it makes it much cheaper to do the science.

I convert my cure to bitcoins once a week. Cure seams to bounce around 20-25 us cents.
dr_deathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
OCAU is not responsible for the content of individual messages posted by others.
Other content copyright Overclockers Australia.
OCAU is hosted by Micron21!