Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Overclocking & Hardware > PC Build Logs

Notices

Old 17th July 2017, 9:48 PM   #1
Scarecow Thread Starter

Default Caselabs SMA8 or how I hate money

OK so lets begin, may as well start with a parts list. Most of what you will see below I have already and some things I'm still waiting on release and/or will need them (fittings etc)

First off this build is full retard and I know how much of a over kill it is, how ever just once I wanted to try building a over the top hardline rgb'ed out the ass custom overkill PC that will give me a challenge of building it so yes i know its dumb, just enjoy it

No even all of the WC parts are here in this photo

560mm Alphacool Monsta radiator
2 EK Coolstream XE 360mm radiators
EK Coolstream PE 480mm Radiator
Bitspower DSTOPX2 dual D5 pump mount
2 Protium Large black clear reservoirs with Etheral Dual mounts
Aquaero 6XT
2 Aquacomputer D5 pumps with Aquabus
Aquastream XT Flow sensor
4 Spitty9's (Fan splitters)
5 Thermaltake Riing plus 140mm RGGGGBBBBBBBB fans :catdrugs:
5 Thermaltake Riing plus 120mm RRRRGGGGBBBBB fans :catdrugs:
EK 16mm hardline fittings and extensions
and a bunch of noctua 140mm and 120mm fans to make ever radiator push push (theses are from my old build and will be out of sight)

as for actual PC parts in the case its going to have the following
2 1080ti FE cards with full cover EK water blocks and back-plates
a Threadripper + Mobo once thats out with a Mono block for the CPU and the VRM's on the mobo
G-skill RGB ram to suit max ram speed + timings

So why the over kill? well with 2 1080tis and a (hopefully 4ghz) 16c/32t Tripper im looking at 300w per gpu and if I9 is anything to go by about 400-500w from the cpu+vrms so theres a lot of heat to be cooled

to fit all this i need a case....

The case will be a Caselabs SMA8, this thing is fucking gigantic and with some extra brackets can mount a 560mm rad on the bottom up to a monsta 80mm thick with push pull fans AND a 60mm thick EK XE 360mm rad push pull on the other side of the lower deck.

However even a lower section large enough to house a small kitty

can become full very fast

Well thats not so bad...

What about down in the basement...

Ok so its going to be a little tight but all the wires will fit...right? its not like the PSU is going to be a tight fit ether hah who would be that dumb right?

oh...guess I am, As future photos will show that i will only have a area of 150mm x 80mm x 180mm to fill a 1200W psu and all the cables needed to power everything. I'll leave this monster post with a rough idea of how my tubing is going to go inside the case.
Scarecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 11:59 AM   #2
nCrypt

Love building in caselabs cases, sure not the cheapest, but for custom watercooling, i just love them!

I recently build my mates TH10W (double width as noraml TH10, and this thing is enormous, just went white LEDs, bit old school, RGB is tacky and for the children!

Which tubing you using? I have clear primo tubing with a lavender (purple ) die, and once the RGBS are on, doesn't look that great tbh haha.

don't know if this will put this into perspective

right now using a Corsair RM1000i 80+ Gold

powers rig 1
5960x @ 4.7 with 2x GTX1080 Ti SLI

Works great

Looking forward the finished build!
Old 18th July 2017, 2:59 PM   #3
mad_mic3

looks like a killer build
mad_mic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2017, 8:57 AM   #4
Scarecow Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nCrypt View Post
Love building in caselabs cases, sure not the cheapest, but for custom watercooling, i just love them!

I recently build my mates TH10W (double width as noraml TH10, and this thing is enormous, just went white LEDs, bit old school, RGB is tacky and for the children!

Which tubing you using? I have clear primo tubing with a lavender (purple ) die, and once the RGBS are on, doesn't look that great tbh haha.

don't know if this will put this into perspective

right now using a Corsair RM1000i 80+ Gold

powers rig 1
5960x @ 4.7 with 2x GTX1080 Ti SLI

Works great

Looking forward the finished build!
im using EK 16mm acrylic tubing and yeah I was going to stick with my 1000w seasonic psu but after doing the rough maths of cpu mobo 2 gpus and the WC stuff a 1200W psu will give me a bit of head room

I also finished polishing the dual pump top and the results are really worth the 4 hours it took

Old 27th July 2017, 9:51 PM   #5
Scarecow Thread Starter

So its update time,

And today I get to show you why you should always flush out your brand new radiators every time as look at that gunk tisk tisk EK

Enhance!

I also drilled my first set of pass through holes, while the underside currently looks like there is plenty of room, the plumbing connecting the 360mm to the 560mm rad will have to come up into the main build area and connect there which I think will look rather nice over just a blank plate there

more to come when I find the time!
Old 28th July 2017, 9:48 AM   #6
DUS x SSJ4 x

Looking good mate, cant wait to see more. Keep em coming!
Old 27th August 2017, 8:40 PM   #7
Scarecow Thread Starter

So Time flies when your working 50 hour weeks so progress has been slow due to that and the lack of parts (PCCG were is the 16mm tubing ffs)

so given that I have a 60mm rad at the front and a 35mm rad in the top the front rad at its default position would clash with the fans for the top radiator, so out comes the dremel to fix this

You'll notice the difference between my first template and the final product, always get enough sleep and triple check your measurements, or at least undercut them :P

things are very tight but it all fits

As the basement is so tight for space the joins between the 560mm & 360mm rads has to come up into the main build area, they also will have in and out temp sensors

Old 27th August 2017, 8:48 PM   #8
Scarecow Thread Starter

As you can see both rads in the bottom are push/pull with Noctua doing the heavy lifting while the Thermaltake ones are there for show :P

At this stage x399 finally came out and I got the Zenith in for test fitting and tub routing while I wait for SL to have a worthy chip to go in

Having never bought a top of the line mobo before I'm blown away by how high quality everything is and I cant wait to see the Monoblock for this from EK

I've worked out that the Thermaltake fan RGB's run off the addressable type so my plan is to split the fan and rgb combo plug into separate plugs so they can go to splitters (more detail to come soon)

below is testing the rgb and leds for the pump block and res,

while white does look good, the coolent will be EK's Navy Blue so I'm going to use blue LED's